“Great Little Boutique Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #59 of 188 hotels in Dallas
“Great Little Boutique Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Visiting Dallas for the first time on business, I took a chance at the Indigo on Expedia and I'm glad I did! Normally I'd be staying at a Hampton Inn for business so it was a great change to get out of the "cookie cutter" of large chain hotels. Attractive lobby with friendly staffers to check in. Now get this: FREE shuttle van to run you around in a 3 mile radius. That's a huge plus because a "Dallas Block" isn't your usual city block -it's huge! Also FREE WiFi! YES I'll say it again-free WiFi. Where do you see that these days??? Rooms were cute and comfortable. A faux hardwood floor made for a different feel. Comfortable beds and pillows. Oh and a FREE business center where I could print out documents for no charge. A small bar that I didn't take advantage of. The area of the city in which it sits isn't overly remarkable. I had a great shuttle ride with Franklin who took me over to the JFK Memorial. If I had to go back I'd definitely stay there

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
CoachMan7227-Thanks for your comments and have great Holidays.

459 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My sister & I were in Dallas to visit to my son. We decided to stay near downtown, and are so happy we chose the Hotel Indigo. The room was clean, bright & homey. The staff was responsive, helpful & friendly. One evening we experienced some trouble with our A/C unit, we called the the front desk & within ten minutes there was a service tech in our room fixing the problem. The hotel shuttle, which will take you anywhere within a three mile radius was also very handy. We will definitely stay here again when return to Dallas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RebeccaR-Thank you for taking the time to write. Have a great Holidays.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We “discovered” the Hotel Indigo uniqueness through TripAdvisor for our London, England, trip in September, and fell in love with it. So a quick business trip to downtown Dallas beckoned us to try another Indigo…and what a treat! The specifics: Great eager and helpful staff; gorgeous two-room accommodations, quiet with wonderful bed, bath, space; lots of perks through Priority Club membership [join it soon, you’ll be glad]; wonderfully-helpful free shuttle transportation; special evening entertainment/goodies in the large lobby; free Wi-Fi; and on and on. It’s a great deal!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
TexasPadre-Thank you for the kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Overall, this hotel was just great!

Staff--super friendly! They took care of us and didn't even care that we checked out after 2pm after I finished the Dallas Marathon!

Room--very clean and cool decor. It made us feel like we were on the beach. It was a 2-room suite and was just fantastic!

My wife really enjoyed the breakfast downstairs this morning. Do the yogurt parfait! It's awesome!

Oh, and I told the staff at the front desk that this was the best smelling hotel lobby I have ever been in! They had some holiday candles burning and it smelled REALLY good!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Pli876-Very kind words. I will share with staff, thank you.
Cannock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Don't stay here if you want any sleep. Small bedroom without desk, drawers, wardrobes. Hanging space for clothes with curtain to pull across. Large cupboard under television. Bed was not comfortable and pillows were too small. Nice that the shower and toilet were separate from the vanity unit. Could not sleep at all for very noisy air conditioners in every room exiting to the outside so you could hear all of them. Strange squeky, screaming noise all night from elevators. People in corridor exiting and entering rooms all night. I did wonder if they were renting them by the hour. View from window was brick wall.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room near the elevator or not facing the street to give yourself half a chance altho...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sharonqnp-I apologize and certainly do not like it when we do not take care of a guest. I am hopeful you contacted the front desk to report the issues you were having. I would like you to contact me directly,as I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly.

Mike Owen-GM
Direct line- 214.915.8307
Brisbane, Qld
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was blown away by the friendliness of the staff at Indigo Downtown. The shuttle service (drivers Darron and Franklin were especially helpful) that the hotel provides to go up town and to places of interest was a godsend given the long distances between city blocks! The room was also very comfortable and clean, my only problem being with the air conditioner which worked perfectly, but noisily, when it kicked in. I would also have liked a note on the in-room menu to warn of the extra tax plus "tip" which added considerable to the bill for a meal. In summary, I'd certainly stay there again, and would also recommend it to others. Patricia Rego

Room Tip: I was on the 14th floor so heard no/little street noise. Ask for a room with a quiet air conditioner...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Patricia_Taringa-Thank you for taking the time to write. We look forward to your return. Have a great week.
SoDak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Was looking for a hotel in downtown Dallas, near Baylor, and this hotel looked like an interesting option. The room decor had a very beachy feel in yellow, blue and white colors on the furniture, walls and bedding. There was a separate living room area with two couches and a large work desk, a separate bedroom and a bathroom - the bathroom had a separate vanity area and shower/toilet room, which I liked - I hate having to practically straddle the toilet to get at the bathroom counter or tub faucet in some smaller bathrooms. The room was very comfortable, although somewhat dark since the windows faced the interior of the middle of the buliding and didn't let in much light, but since I'm only in a hotel room in the evening, guess daylight doesn't much matter. The lobby is spacious and bright. They offer valet parking, as well as a shuttle that travels within a 3-mile radius of the hotel - it was great for getting back and forth to Baylor University Medical Center. Would definitely stay here again if visiting the downtown Dallas area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
ATSgrl-Thank you for taking the time to write the review. If we can ever assist in the future, please let us know.

Been to Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown? Share your experiences!