“What a little gem of a boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #68 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bedford, Texas
“What a little gem of a boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Just wanted to let fellow travelers know what a wonderful time my wife & I had at this quaint centrally located boutique hotel this past weekend. Really a charming little hotel. Had no idea it was the original Hilton in 1925 until we got there. We loved the bright and airy décor in the rooms and lobby, and all of the staff was friendly, professional, and simply added to the entire ambiance of the place. My wife and I have decided that although we live only in Bedford (about 25 miles away), we are going to make every effort to come back and have a staycation about every 3 months for a little getaway.

Room Tip: Take the King Suites... there are only 2 on every floor, but they are worth the little extra. The ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Lee F-Thank you for the kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I chose this hotel due to its proximity to the Majestic theater and DART lines. (did the whole trip on public transportation). The Majestic is a safe walk of less than half a block and the hotel is fairly close to the St Paul station.

The hotel is very clean and the decor is cheery, I really liked the room. But since it is an old building and in the center of town, sound carries easily and it can be quite noisy...the first night a rowdy bunch on my floor kept running up and down the hall slamming doors and yelling...but I finally called the front desk at 3:30 am and they put a stop to that right away; I was very grateful for their prompt response. Also, the noise of bar-hopping traffic down below was pretty bad on that Saturday night. However, the second night, a Sunday, was very quiet.

The hotel is awfully pricey for the level of amenities. But I believe that weekend all hotels in the area were a little pricier, and I was primarily there for the location.

I would probably stay there again if I had another event at the Majestic to attend, but I would try to make sure it was on a weekday rather than a weekend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
carolynyg-Thank you for the review. During the week we are a business hotel. On the weekends there are more people in house for concerts, weddings, plays and such. We do have a Manager on Duty that spends the night in the hotel on Friday and Saturday night to handle any noise complaints. We urge any guest that is disturbed to let us know, as you did and we will address the issues. Hope to see you again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed in the Hotel Indigo in May 2011. The hotel is located in downtown Dallas, and is very central in terms of major tourist attractions. It is just opposite the Majestic Theatre on Elm Street. The JFK Assassination Site is just 10 minutes by foot. During the day, a walk in any direction will let you see most of downtown Dallas, and it is truly an amazing sight. There’s a wide variety of restaurants close by, as well as plenty of shops. I stayed at the hotel with a tour group, and they had prepared a buffet breakfast for us in what appeared to be a conference room. Nevertheless, the food was great. The hotel room was very well kept. I stayed in a room with 2 double beds. The room was quite luxurious, but the yellow colour scheme appeared a bit tacky. My main criticism of the room was that the two beds were adjacent to the TV, which made it completely impossible to see the TV screen from either of the beds… Furthermore, there was no couch, so if you wanted to watch TV, you had to literally stand in front of the TV. Needless to say, I didn’t watch TV, so I do not know what channels were available. There was a well-equipped gym on my floor. Overall, the layout of the room was what gave me a poor impression… Of course it is entirely possible that other rooms are laid out differently, but that was not my experience. So, I would recommend the hotel for its location in downtown Dallas and no other reason.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Virsen-Thank you for the review. We do have different room type configurations. The building is a historic landmark building that was convereted to a Hotel Indigo 6 years ago. There were limits on how we could place furniture in some of our rooms. I am glad you enjoyed the city.
Whitehouse Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I have worked for IHG for 10 yrs, and I have managed a property as well. This one a beautiful property. My room was beautiful and the staff was awesome. I want to let everyone one know that the bartender "Dwight" was by far the best as far as attitude and attentivness. He kept us smiling the whole time we were at the bar.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
DonD-Thank you. Dwight will be recognized for your comments. It means alot coming from another hotelier. We hope to see you again. Have a good week.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here during a conference. Funky hotel in very historic building.
Staff were awesome and even found me a limo service to the airport for the same price as a cab ask them to phone Johnny.
Rooms are a generous size and very clean
Hotel has very limited catering but is very close to a ton of great restaurants.
Would highly recommend this hotel for value and service

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for the comments Andrew T.
Maple Ridge, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Indigo has built a reputation for being trendy and a little bit different, with its boutique styling and great decor. Dalls is different for very different reasons. The facility is in an old building so you expect a certain amount of "charm" that goes along with that. Howevber, that does not mean you should expect electric sockets that are loose and hanging off the wall, poor wall painting quality (if this was a painter that had done your home you would have fired him), and a general tired feel to the place. What m,akes it sadder is the fact that the front desk staff are pretty hopeless. Nothing is done in a hurry and the fact that you are there seems an inconvenience.
I had booked a number of rooms for a convention which meant I had e mailed back and forth with the hotel and yet they still managed to spell my name wrong so could not find my booking. I am a Platinum member with this chain, which was not acknowledged at all and had to remind them when a collegue showed me his breakfast discount coupon.
The meeting room I had booked was ok and the meal was fine but the fact that they did not have a phone in the room was surprising and caused problems for a conference call we had set up.
has this put me off Indigo? - no as generally this is a good brand. This is just a poor example of it.

Room Tip: Try not to be on the street side as it does get noisy in the night.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Mark from Nottingham-Thank you for taking time to share comments. Where do you start in reading comments like this except with an apology. I hope you let us know about the light socket while you were here. I would like you to contact me directly, so I can get more information and make things right for you. Sincerely, Mike Owen-GM
Sydney Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I chose this hotel based on the Tripadvisor reviews and am surprised at the high ratings it receives. The location is good. It is situated at the end of Main Street. It is also reasonably priced. It is set in a lovely historic building. On check-in at 2.30pm I was told I had to wait for an hour for a room ( after a 15 hour flight). So I had to sit in the lobby and wait. The housekeeper when I got to the room ( whilst wading through bags of laundry and glasses and plates in the hallway) was grumbling pretty loudly - not at me - I think - but not a great start. The flooring is that cheap lino looks like wood. The interior that 90's blue and yellow theme.The beds are pretty comfortable. The gym has cheap equipment but at least it has one. The windows in my room were filthily but worst of all the air-conditioning was so loud I had to turn it off to sleep ( pretty hot today) which made sleep not so easy to do.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
VazzaSydneyAustralia-Thank you for posting comments. We try to keep arriving guests from having to wait for their rooms. I apologize that you had to wait. I share your comments with all managers to make sure they are aware of the impact waiting has on our guests. We have a brand new fitness center being installed today. All equipment is new. Our windows are cleaned every 6 months and will be completed this month. I hope that your A/C issue was reported, so we can fix. Your comments help me make the hotel better. Thanks again.

Been to Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown? Share your experiences!