“A grand hotel on an intimate scale!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #83 of 197 Hotels in Dallas
Memphis, Tennessee
“A grand hotel on an intimate scale!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

From the moment you step into this historic boutique hotel (it was originally the first Hilton hotel named for Conrad Hilton), the attention to quality and detail is evident. The architecture and decor are very reminiscent of the South's grand hotels, but on a much more intimate scale. The reception area is beautifully appointed and tastefully decorated, with an excellent restaurant and a comfortable club room and business center just off the lobby. I arrived two hours before the 3:00 PM check-in time, and was immediately shown to a beautifully decorated bedroom with all the amenities one would expect in a luxury hotel. The bed was exceptionally comfortable, the sitting area inviting, and the hotel very quiet. On Wednesday evenings, complimentary hot and cold appetizers, sweets and drinks are served in the club room, and offer an opportunity for mid-week refreshment and relaxation with live music. The staff members are friendly, helpful and responsive to every need, and free shuttle service is available within a 3-mile radius of the hotel. There is a small public garden and park across the street, and several excellent restaurants are within easy walking distance. The hotel is also easily accessible via public transportation - I took the DART to and from the airport (Love Field) for a total of $3.50. It's an elegant gem of a hotel in the heart of Dallas that you'll be very glad you discovered.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lkoxford
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you Ikoxford. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a detailed review. We hope for your return. Have a good week.

hurst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My daugher was married on March 31, 2012 at the Room on Main venue in downtown Dallas, Texas. We stayed at the Hotel Indigo in downtown Dallas since only about 3/4 block away from the venue. We had a fantastic stay! They delivered all my goody bags to my guest, transported us Friday night to reherasal dinner (about 3 blocks away) and made several trips to the venue all day Saturday. They allowed the bride and bridesmaid to check into their rooms at 11 am (instead of 3 pm) on Saturday so that they could start getting hair and make up ready. I could go on but just note outstanding service all around.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside are quieter on Sundays due to cleaning the streets by the city of Dallas - no fa...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Regina R
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Hello Regina R. Congratulations to your daughter on her wedding day! I am glad we could be a part of it. We wish much future happiness for you both.
Nacogdoches, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

As always the greeters and lobby staff make you feel welcome and will assist you in any way. Good place to stay for a downtown trip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
It is good to have you back MauiPigFarmer. Thanks for the comments.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown was a delightful surprise. I was in Dallas for a concert and needed a place to stay close to the Wiley Center for Performing Arts and just found the Indigo and decided, well - it is only for one night - when I arrived, I was impressed by the lovely reception area and when saw my room, I was completely sold! I really wanted to just hang out in my gorgeous room and watch movies instead of going to the concert! The bed was fantastic, I slept like a baby, something I rarely am able to do, the furnishings are really nice in the room, there is a little sitting area with desk, chair and couch in a separate area as well. The bathroom was very clean with nice towels. What more could you ask for at such a reasonable rate? I was less than 5 minutes from the venue. I had dinner and breakfast via room service, both were excellent and nicely appointed. I'd love to go back to the Indigo and will look for more locations in my travels. If you are looking for something nicer and a little livelier than a Holiday Inn, check in to the Indigo, you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a floor that doesn't have an IceMaker and vending for more peace and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Didi R
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Trendy boutique-ish hotel with bright, colorful, funky decor, located in restored space in an older building in downtown Dallas. Very clean hotel, friendly and courteous staff. The beds were comfy and I slept like a happy, quiet, dead log every night. The hotel room that I had (2 queens) had almost no available floor space (see photo with review - sorry no natural light, daylight makes the room look MUCH brighter and cheerier) and the TV in the room was smaller than the monitor that I have on my desk - otherwise the room and furnishings were clean and everything worked properly. Interesting thing to note: there was no furniture in the room with drawers to store anything, and there wasn't any kind of rack to stow a suitcase. Closet space was provided in the bathroom with ample hangers so it really wan't an issue for me since I was flying solo on this trip. I would absolutely stay here again if traveling by myself. The combo of limited floor space and no storage makes me question how great it would be with 2 people in the room for a week. I can just see my wife and I bumping into each other like 2 of the 3 stooges (assuming all the rooms are similar)!

Decent location: I walked to my business destination down in the Museum District in about 15 minutes each day. The hotel also provides a free shuttle that will drop off / pick up in a 3 mile radius. If you walk to/from this hotel to/from the west end, use Elm and avoid Pacific.

Restaurant: Indigo has a dining area on the ground floor. By 7am each day they were pretty packed so get there at 6:30 when they open. On check-in I received coupons for breakfast and for a free drink at the bar each night (bonus!). Hot breakfast options were simple but very good for complimentary fare: eggs/bacon/potatoes/toast, pancakes, oatmeal, etc. The service seems to take a little while to make it's way around. After the first day when no one came back to fill up water glasses and coffee (30 minutes in the restaurant), the next day I simply asked for 2 glasses of water the first time I saw the wait staff and it was fine.

The gym was very small and limited, however - for $5 per day, I highly recommend that you simply take a 2 minute walk over the 2nd floor sky bridge to the Elevation gym and get yourself a day pass. Excellent gym: open 5am-9pm, free weights, etc.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not located right next to the elevators. On the floor I stayed on there was...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Thank you AH for taking the time to leave a detail review. It helps a hotel improve when we receive such feedback. I will share with my staff. Have a good weekend.
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

For my birthday party I made a reservation at Hotel Indigo for a King Suite hoping to find a place to celebrate my birthday. It was hard to find a place in Downtown Dallas that wouldn't required a minimum amount of less than 1500; I didn't have a big budget for my party so as a last resort I sent an email to the special events coordinator explaining the situation. She came back to me saying that they could work with my budget and set up a beautiful party for me. My friends and I had a blast!
Now to the stay part. The King Suite was excellent, the furniture and decorations were very tasteful, everything was clean and perfect; all the staff was helpful and friendly recommended a few places we could go for the after party.
The location and price of the hotel is the best for downtown Dallas, a lot of the people on my party have recommended this hotel to their co-workers that need to stay near the downtown area for business.
Valet parking is 20.00 per night but there isn't really a need for valet since there is a parking garage right across street that costs 4.00 or 12.00 for overnight stay.
Free Wi-Fi (this is important for me)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sohuggeidy
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Happy Birthday Sohuggiedy! Ellease is the person who assisted you with your arrangements. I have shared your comments. Have a great year.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo in October 2011 whilst travelling though America for a month. It was by far the best hotel I stayed at. The rooms were spotless, staff friendly and it's in a great location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Kind words that we appreciate.