“Very Good, but a little couple of issues” 4 of 5 stars

The Fairmont Dallas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Akard Street, Dallas, TX 75201   |
Ranked #16 of 188 hotels in Dallas
TYLER, TX
“Very Good, but a little couple of issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I just returned from a convention in Dallas, Tx., and, stayed at the Fairmont in downtown. Overall the hotel is a very nice hotel. I have a couple of service issues upon my checking out. When checking out I asked the gentlemen to have my bags collected from my room and held while I was finishing up the last few hours of my convention. Upon my arrival back, they had not retrieved my bags, but, made me go back and look myself to see if they were still in my room. Fortunately they still were, and, that issue was resolved. Also the valet parking area is very congested and almost impossible to retrieve your car. The toilets in the rooms have the old style flush handle which I thought was quite amusing. I would go back again though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

840 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
boston, ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I like to stay at another property in Dallas, but that was sold out so I chose the Fairmont. It was nice and all, but there were a few service issues. The first issue was the gym- there were pieces not working and were not labelled as out of order. The second was room service. I was told to leave my tray outside the door when I was done, and someone would come pick it up. When I left in the morning it was still there... one of my major pet peeves!

But on the good side, they have a Starbucks! The bed was comfortable, and there were lots of plus everywhere. I'd stay there again, but only if my other property was unavailable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay on TripAdvisor. We are disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. I will share your comments regarding room service pickup and out of order fitness equipment with the appropriate department heads to ensure these issues are addressed moving forward. We are pleased that you enjoyed your Fairmont bed and found the accommodations to be comfortable. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Dallas!
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Went up to Dallas for the night to see a concert. When we checked in we only had an hour or so before leaving for the concert but we noticed that our A/C wasn't working. We alerted the front desk as we were leaving. We were promised that the issue would be resolved when we returned.

When we got back to the hotel at 2am, the A/C was still broken. They sent up a repair man who quickly said "Yep, this unit is broken." Dallas had reached a high temperature of 103 that evening so you can imagine how hot the room was. When we called the front desk to ask to be switched to another room, it took about twenty minutes for us to finally get a manager on the phone to make the change. Remember, it is now approaching 3am and we have to get up in the morning to drive back home...

They finally get us into another room. The new room's A/C is working better but the A/C unit is leaking water and there is about an inch of water soaking most of the room's carpet. It was too late to switch rooms again so we just had to wear shoes when walking around.

The hotel offered us $60 in room service but it was hard to use because it was so late and we needed to sleep.

I have stayed at this location before and two other times I have had to have rooms switched because of major things like the toilet not working. One time I was upgraded to a suite and that was a nice room.

Room Tip: The maintenance man told us that they are using a "very old cold water chilling A/C system"...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are extremely disappointed to hear that your recent experience at our hotel was unsatisfactory. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience experienced with the air conditioning system during your visit. Feedback such as yours is especially valuable as we are currently completing an extensive $10 million property renovation that will include HVAC upgrades. I will share your comments with our hotel leadership team to ensure that these issues are addressed and that appropriate action is taken. Again, please accept our apologies and I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Overall our experience of the hotel was good, we had a few issues with a/c leaks and moving rooms but the service was amazing. Mr Tony Bennett who always found me a taxi, helped with my families luggage and was just a lovely friend face to see was the best part of our hotel stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your comments. We are very glad that your recent stay was pleasant and that you received warm service from our bellman Tony Bennett. Our colleagues strive to provide guests with excellent service and Tony’s enthusiasm is a perfect example of that commitment. I'll make sure to share your lovely words with Tony. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again soon at The Fairmont Dallas!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

From driving in until leaving, the service was fantastic!!! Rudy at the pool was especially wonderful. Food was great and room was very nice. Thanks for an awesome getaway. Location was close to many things.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you had a positive experience with the service provided by our hotel colleagues and that you enjoyed our food & beverage offerings. I will share your kind words with Rudy. We hope you will visit again soon on your next getaway!
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My Girlfriend and I wanted a weekend getaway, and we chose the Fairmont. The staff was very friendly and happy to assist in any way. The hotel is beautiful, and the location is great.
The biggest issue, and the hotel is very aware of the problem, is the air conditioning in the rooms. We switched rooms after the first night, and it was better, but not what it should be.
We were given free breakfast for the trouble, which was good, although the hot items were not.
Would stay again, but perhaps in the winter.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you choosing The Fairmont Dallas for your romantic weekend getaway! We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience experienced with the air conditioning system during your visit. We are currently completing an extensive $10 million property renovation that will include major HVAC upgrades, and feedback such as yours is very valuable. I will share your comments with our hotel leadership team. We're delighted that you enjoyed the hotel's decor and city-center location. Again, thank you and I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future on your next weekend getaway!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel was near all the things we wanted to do. Close to the Gexa pavilion and a short drive to six flags. The rooms were really nice, however? would have liked the ac to get a little cooler. The service here was great and the "gold" upgrades were a plus! Would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at The Fairmont Dallas. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and our upgraded Fairmont Gold floors! As a city-center hotel in the heart of the downtown Dallas Arts District, we are proud to be surrounded by a wide variety of venues and attractions like Six Flags. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again very soon!

Been to The Fairmont Dallas? Share your experiences!