“Best Gift Shop...” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Akard Street, Dallas, TX 75201   |
Ranked #19 of 187 hotels in Dallas
“Best Gift Shop...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Overall, my experience was pretty good. Location was excellent. Value was decent and hotel was very clean.

I absolutely loved the gift shop. The beautiful lady at the counter(Negreen) greeted me with a smile, asking me if I needed any assistance with my purchase. She was very helpful and most of all, seemed like she was really into making the customers visit a memorable one. I viewed her with other customers and she seemed very knowlegeable about the items in the gift shop. She made my time here at the Fairmont a great one!

Thumbs up and would recommend this hotel (and gift shop) yo anyone who visits Dallas Tx anytime soon!

D.S.

• Stayed March 2013

768 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Everyone has differing views but all I can say is that The Fairmont Dallas was excellent. The staff was very friendly, called us by name and the Gold floor room was very nice with a great north view. (for $39 extra/night I selected the upgrade to this floor which gives you better bed quality, a huge breakfast(6-10am) and hors d'oeuvres 5-7pm.) I understand that some can have bad experiences from time to time but my approach is, be friendly and social and you'll get the same back in return.
Phillip the concierge, Tony the lobby host and Donna on the 18th concierge floor were all remarkable; loved them!
The Fairmont Dallas was perfectly located in the heart of downtown, just blocks from the DART and free trolley.
I fully recommend this hotel to travellers.

Room Tip: 1703 was a great room with a great view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello and thank you for sharing your comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Fairmont Dallas and the Fairmont Gold floor. Our passion is hospitality, and your recent service experience is a great example of how our team strives to turn moments into memories for all of our guests. We will share your kind words and gratitude with our colleagues. I am also pleased that you were able to take advantage of our city-center location. As the Dallas Arts District hotel, we are surrounded by an array of cultural attractions and are conveniently located near the Uptown trolley and the DART rail. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon! Kind regards, Katie Norwood
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Fairmont for several nights while attending a conference at the hotel. It is in a great location with excellent nearby dining choices, and the hotel offers everything you would need for a comfortable stay. It is a two tower setup so you will be in either the North or South tower. Even though there was a big conference going on, I never had an issue getting an elevator quickly. The room was spacious and well laid out - room decor was nice but nothing spectacular. The bed was comfortable. I really enjoyed the Rose 31 bath products which smelled heavenly. Bathrobe and safe are provided in the closet. One tip: sign up for the President's Club for the free WIFI access (very easy and free). I was thoroughly impressed with the room service menu which offered every type of dietary choice possible (gluten free, vegan, raw, etc). This really shows an attention to guests' needs that I appreciate very much. My food from room service arrived faster than expected and was fresh, hot and delicious. The Starbucks in the lobby was a very convenient amenity, and I enjoyed drinks at the lobby bar with my associates. The hotel also has a very large terrace that wraps around the whole building and has a pool and patio seating area (though it was too cold and windy during my stay to take advantage of it). I was also thrilled to meet the famous Tony Bennett that everyone mentions in their reviews. I instantly knew who he was by his big smile and welcoming demeanor. All in all I enjoyed my visit at The Fairmont and would stay here again in the future.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you received a warm welcome from our bellman Tony Bennett. All of our colleagues strive to provide exceptional, engaging service. We are pleased that loved the guest room accommodations and Le Labo Rose 31 products, and that you were able to enroll in our Fairmont President’s Club program. We appreciate your feedback regarding our in-room dining options; as you mentioned, we offer varied cuisine to accommodate many dietary preferences and restrictions. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at our property in the very near future!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Our room was not available as I had reserved it. They would not accept my corporate credit card and it was only AFTER I suggested using the authorization form were they even going to try and render the situation.

• Stayed March 2013
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback. We are very disappointed to hear that your recent stay was unsatisfactory. We would like to assure you that your experience is not indicative of the level of service our property typically provides, and I understand that hotel leadership has reached out to you directly to address these concerns. I have shared your feedback to ensure that similar challenges do not occur again. Thank you again for your time and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stay at the Fairmont quite often on business because the location is ideal and the service never disappoints. On my last visit, Mr. Tony Bennett provided the most amazing support ever.. from tucking me into a cab, taking care of my bags, to grabbing my phone charger.. He was the man!!
All at the end of very long days.. See you all in a couple weeks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you received engaging service from our bellman Tony Bennett. All of our colleagues strive to provide guests with exceptional, genuine service and Tony’s enthusiasm is a great example of that commitment. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again soon on your next business trip!
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We arrived after a long flight from Australia and were directed straight to our rooms. Very nice, comfortable traditional suite in North Tower ( our previous stays entitled us to a suite upgrade and a free night). Unfortunately our suite was located on 4 th floor right next to elevator - not a good position as elevator noise kept us awake. After talking to reception we were moved to a suite in south tower - a modern Texan style decor which, to us was not as appealing, however, the suite was very comfortable - pillows top beds and very quiet. The southern hospitality was fantastic - everyone happy to help us enjoy our Dallas experience- from cocktail hostess to Trolley driver.
Location of hotel excellent - a block from 'free' trolley car to West Village where there are numerous restaurants & bars to choose from.

Room Tip: Higher rooms better views North tower rooms traditional/ south tower rooms modern Texan Suites in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hello, and thank you for sharing your feedback. We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of our city center location and the recommendations made by our staff. As the only hotel in the downtown Dallas Arts District, we are located just minutes from a wealth of wonderful attractions, shopping and dining. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again at The Fairmont Dallas soon!
Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Having only 24 hours on the ground in Dallas, the Fairmont was amazing. Great location, food, and wonderful staff. A special shout out to front desk staff who answered the questions of a travel weary girl, and to Tony Bennett who took care of my transfers and other random questions. I'll be back when I'm next in Dallas!

• Stayed February 2013
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the level of service provided by our colleagues during your stay at The Fairmont Dallas. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Dallas!

Been to The Fairmont Dallas? Share your experiences!