“Lots of positives at the Fairmont Dallas” 4 of 5 stars

The Fairmont Dallas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Akard Street, Dallas, TX 75201   |
Ranked #17 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Hartford, Connecticut
“Lots of positives at the Fairmont Dallas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Fairmont for several nights while attending a conference at the hotel. It is in a great location with excellent nearby dining choices, and the hotel offers everything you would need for a comfortable stay. It is a two tower setup so you will be in either the North or South tower. Even though there was a big conference going on, I never had an issue getting an elevator quickly. The room was spacious and well laid out - room decor was nice but nothing spectacular. The bed was comfortable. I really enjoyed the Rose 31 bath products which smelled heavenly. Bathrobe and safe are provided in the closet. One tip: sign up for the President's Club for the free WIFI access (very easy and free). I was thoroughly impressed with the room service menu which offered every type of dietary choice possible (gluten free, vegan, raw, etc). This really shows an attention to guests' needs that I appreciate very much. My food from room service arrived faster than expected and was fresh, hot and delicious. The Starbucks in the lobby was a very convenient amenity, and I enjoyed drinks at the lobby bar with my associates. The hotel also has a very large terrace that wraps around the whole building and has a pool and patio seating area (though it was too cold and windy during my stay to take advantage of it). I was also thrilled to meet the famous Tony Bennett that everyone mentions in their reviews. I instantly knew who he was by his big smile and welcoming demeanor. All in all I enjoyed my visit at The Fairmont and would stay here again in the future.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you received a warm welcome from our bellman Tony Bennett. All of our colleagues strive to provide exceptional, engaging service. We are pleased that loved the guest room accommodations and Le Labo Rose 31 products, and that you were able to enroll in our Fairmont President’s Club program. We appreciate your feedback regarding our in-room dining options; as you mentioned, we offer varied cuisine to accommodate many dietary preferences and restrictions. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at our property in the very near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Our room was not available as I had reserved it. They would not accept my corporate credit card and it was only AFTER I suggested using the authorization form were they even going to try and render the situation.

• Stayed March 2013
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback. We are very disappointed to hear that your recent stay was unsatisfactory. We would like to assure you that your experience is not indicative of the level of service our property typically provides, and I understand that hotel leadership has reached out to you directly to address these concerns. I have shared your feedback to ensure that similar challenges do not occur again. Thank you again for your time and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stay at the Fairmont quite often on business because the location is ideal and the service never disappoints. On my last visit, Mr. Tony Bennett provided the most amazing support ever.. from tucking me into a cab, taking care of my bags, to grabbing my phone charger.. He was the man!!
All at the end of very long days.. See you all in a couple weeks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you received engaging service from our bellman Tony Bennett. All of our colleagues strive to provide guests with exceptional, genuine service and Tony’s enthusiasm is a great example of that commitment. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again soon on your next business trip!
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We arrived after a long flight from Australia and were directed straight to our rooms. Very nice, comfortable traditional suite in North Tower ( our previous stays entitled us to a suite upgrade and a free night). Unfortunately our suite was located on 4 th floor right next to elevator - not a good position as elevator noise kept us awake. After talking to reception we were moved to a suite in south tower - a modern Texan style decor which, to us was not as appealing, however, the suite was very comfortable - pillows top beds and very quiet. The southern hospitality was fantastic - everyone happy to help us enjoy our Dallas experience- from cocktail hostess to Trolley driver.
Location of hotel excellent - a block from 'free' trolley car to West Village where there are numerous restaurants & bars to choose from.

Room Tip: Higher rooms better views North tower rooms traditional/ south tower rooms modern Texan Suites in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hello, and thank you for sharing your feedback. We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of our city center location and the recommendations made by our staff. As the only hotel in the downtown Dallas Arts District, we are located just minutes from a wealth of wonderful attractions, shopping and dining. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again at The Fairmont Dallas soon!
Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Having only 24 hours on the ground in Dallas, the Fairmont was amazing. Great location, food, and wonderful staff. A special shout out to front desk staff who answered the questions of a travel weary girl, and to Tony Bennett who took care of my transfers and other random questions. I'll be back when I'm next in Dallas!

• Stayed February 2013
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the level of service provided by our colleagues during your stay at The Fairmont Dallas. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Dallas!
Santa Barbara, CA/Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My company hosted a corporate event here in January. We used 2 conference rooms and had about 20 rooms we booked. The service was great! The location is pretty good but parking can be a challenge. Valet is available but it is not cheap. The room was larger than I expected and extremely clean! The service is outstanding, I had lots of boxes of stuff for our corporate meeting and the staff was very helpful in carting everything around for me and helping me load/unload my car.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I'm pleased that you found your guest room accommodations to be satisfactory. Feedback such as yours is extremely valuable as our colleagues consistently strive to provide engaging service to all of our guests, whether they are staying for business or leisure. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I recently stayed at The Fairmont and also attended a conference that was held there. The hotel was lovely and the rooms were well appointed. I felt very comfortable in the room and that was important because I was sick. I ordered room service which was very prompt. It arrived hot and on time. I ordered the vegetarian lentil chili which wasn't chili and was extremely spicy. I ate it because I was hungry and but it wasn't delicious.
The staff was very friendly. One staff person I met on a couple of occassions, Tony Bennett. He held the elevator door for me and we had pleasant conversation. I ran into Tony again when I was heading off to the airport and he assisted in helping me get a cab.

I would definately stay here again and recommended it to my husband who stayed at another hotel on his last business trip to Dallas and was very unhappy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and that you received engaging service from our bellman Tony Bennett and our team at The Pyramid Restaurant. Our hotel colleagues strive to provide guests with exceptional, genuine service and I am glad that your experience reflected that commitment. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon at The Fairmont Dallas!

Been to The Fairmont Dallas? Share your experiences!