“My stay” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Akard Street, Dallas, TX 75201   |
Ranked #18 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at the Fairmont back in August of 2012. First of all, it is one of the classiest/posh hotels I have ever stayed in. Secondly, I had the distinct pleasure of making the acquaintance of Mr. Tony Bennett. His sense and style of customer service was impeccable. He also told of the hotel's rich history. He made my stay that much more pleasurable by going out of his way to make sure that I was well taken care of more than once. I would definitely stay here again, and would hope that I get to see Mr. Bennett again!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view if you can!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the fairmont for two nights including New Year's Eve and we were intimidated at first by how nice it was. Very nice hotel right in the center of downtown (our room had an awesome view of the fireworks New Year's Eve), polite and accommodating staff. My boyfriend has a lowered 240sx and is always extremely picky with who drives his car so he was skeptical about valet however a blonde gentleman, his name started with a C... He looked like he could have possibly been the manager, was super nice!! He personally took care of the vehicle and didn't let anyone drive it but him. Needless to say he was tipped accordingly. Room service was awesome and our bed was one of the best hotel beds I've ever slept on. Only incident that put a damper to our stay is the concierge confiscating our bottle of champagne we had bought for New Years... Unknowing to us, there is a new texas law against bringing alcohol into your hotel rooms... If we had known this we would have adjusted our plans but oh well, not much you can do there.

I love staying in high end hotels for the customer service and this hotel is definitely setting a standard.

• Stayed January 2013
mineola, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Probably the best hotel I've stayed in. Location was perfect. Right in the middle of all Dallas has to offer. Lobby was beautiful. Service from bellhop, to valet and front desk were absolutely remarkable. 100% professional and courteous. So helpful and polite.

The first time I left the Valet got me stuck behind 2 cars that were unloading, a pizza delivery guy and their shuttle service. So he stopped oncoming traffic & allowed me to back out to get on my way.

Room was very clean and spacious. Nothing spectacular, but quite nice. Large enough bath room, but could have always been bigger.

Front desk and concierge were very helpful in locating a few places.

Can't say enough about how pleased I was with the staff. Lobby was quite visually appealing. Location was perfect. Value based on the fact I got the room on Priceline could not be beat. Rooms were good. Would absolutely recommend.

• Stayed December 2012
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hello and thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay at The Fairmont Dallas. We are pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by our hotel colleagues as well as our city-center location. As the Dallas Arts District hotel, we are proud to be surrounded by an array of entertainment and cultural attractions. Our colleagues strive to ensure that guests receive consistently warm and engaging service. I’m pleased to hear that your experience reflected that commitment. Thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Dallas.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I arrived air sick from a long flight, and the receptionist offered me a sprite and crackers to be brought to my room. My room was brand new and very comfortable. Upon departure, Tony Bennett was so warm, friendly, genuine, and helpful. He struck up conversation, while multi-tasking and getting me a cab. Tony was very proud to work at Fairmont, and that makes me glad to stay there!!

Room Tip: The newly remodeled tower was great!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Fairmont in Dallas for a family birthday celebration. We booked thought the Texas golf trail concierge which was helpful. The hotel is easy to get to by car right near the Rogers Woodall fwy. The first impression was tremendous as the bell captain met us at our car, delivered our luggage and informed the front desk of our name before we got to the front desk. He used our name 3 times before we got on the elevator. The lobby was spacious and well appointed with a great bar. The room we stayed in was large and comfortable. It was not as well appointed as I might have thought but the overall experience was exactly what we wanted. Great location, nice room super service. I'll be back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Morganton, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Loved the help of the staff member,Tony Bennett he help me with my every need He carried all my luggage and arranged for my transportaion very kind and curtious.Thanks for making me feel like a King hats off to Tony.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have the best view ask Tony.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the warm service provided by our bellman Tony Bennett. We’re glad to hear that you had a memorable stay at The Fairmont Dallas. Thank you again for sharing your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon at our city-center hotel.

Been to The Fairmont Dallas? Share your experiences!