“Great service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for almost one week and was very satisfied when I left. My room was big and had a very comfy bed. The hotel staff was very helpful and the concierges was great. All the recommendations they did was good. Liked them a lot.

The only thing was that my AC in the room made noises when it started or got shut of (my college said the same thing about his AC).

Internet was included in the room if you just joined their "member program" and it worked all over the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
jinox
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Spent a week here for a conference, which I was kept busy working on so didn't leave the premises from Monday morning till Friday night. That wasn't a problem though, as the place is vast and seems to have just about everything one could need. The imposing marble of the lobby is made more human by some quirky artworks, and initial impressions of the staff were warm, friendly and helpful. This was kept up throughout our time there, with every employee I encountered proving both dedicated and personable. Even staff in the bar managed to keep calm and smiling, despite the nightly deluge of conference attendees demanding beer after long sessions.

Food in the restaurant and provided for the conference was decent, and fairly varied too with nice themes for the lunches laid on; breakfast was lovely in the restaurant with a good varied buffet, and not bad if a little restricted when laid on for the meetings. The room we had was a suite and thus, in true Dallas style, absolutely massive, but the bathroom was oddly small, not much bigger than the walk-in closet. Beds were very comfortable.

Among other services, the outdoor, rooftop pool looked great and was apparently very nice, sadly no time to try it myself; likewise the gym I only peeped in at, but I heard from several colleagues that there were problems with many machines not working. This reflects my only issue with the hotel - it could do with a visit from the maintenance fairy, with lots of little jobs needing doing - wobbly shower rails, sticky doors, aged light fittings bodged together with bits of wire etc. nothing terrible, but enough to give the grandeur of the place a rather faded air.

All in all a solid and impressive place which most people, or at least those who can afford the fairly steep prices, should find thoroughly satisfactory.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Oak Forest, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I would give it 5 stars except for one incident. The shampoo and conditioner were replaced after my first shower. The shampoo bottle had a public hair stuck to the label that was as long as a leg hair. It was clearly visible and should have been noticed.

On the positive side: Tony Bennett (porter) was very helpful with my luggage. As a salesperson, we do workshops on closing as an action item. Tony asked me if I would give a review and mention his name. I said I would, and did. 5 stars on his part.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with the service provided by our hotel colleagues and our concierge. Regarding your experience with the shampoo and conditioner, I will pass your comments along to the appropriate department heads to ensure that the issue is addressed. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have both stayed at this property in the past and hosted my clients here, and I had no idea how rough the North Tower was - they have never put me there before! It was comparable to a Days Inn. The rooms are tacky green/burgundy/brown colors, the headboards are generic, and the bathtub was very dated and highlighted in mildew. I checked in early which is likely why they had to put me over there, but be warned that the North Tower is not where you want to stay! Make sure they keep you in the nice part of the hotel away from the conference center.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great hotel, great location. Thank you so much to all the staff especially Tony Bennett for making my experience of Dallas like a 4 carrot diamond on a silver platter.... Im loving every minute of my stay- do not want to go back to the UK!

Tyler, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My bride and I arrived at the Fairmont Dallas the night of our wedding 9/22/2012 and left our Lexus with Valet since it is a valet only hotel. Sunday morning we called for our car and one hour later it arrived with $3000 worth of damage. We left going back home with the front bumper in the back seat. The estimate was $3,157.89 from a very reputable body shop. We were told after police reports and reviews of the security camera tapes we had nothing to worry about. It would be taken care of. But that was before we were contacted by Mark Mananno the claims adjuster for Ace Parking the company that actually runs the valet svc. He said since the hotel was full our vehicle was parked on one of aces public lots across from the Dallas Museum of Art and someone other than Ace was responsible for the damage, but since we were told all would be taken care of out of the goodness of their heart they are going to reimburse me for the $1,000 deductable for my insurance to cover it. Oh he was kind enough to offer assistance since he has connections with rental car agencies he could get me a discount while we are without a vehicle. I just spoke with another man I met the same morning there on business and his car was damaged however not as badly as mine, he is being told tapes have yet to be reviewd to see how his vehicle was damaged, since he had taken his vehicle out it may have happened while under his control not Ace's. So word of warning, your Lexus, BMW, Jag, Rolls or whatever may get parked on a public lot and you will be responsible. As far as the hotel. I loved it.my contact is roliver717@gmail.com. anyone have any suggestions for me I will gladly listen. Very frustrated over this.My car will be repaired. It is about what is right. when do we stop having to just accept it???

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We would like to apologize for this inconvenience and any service experience that was not consistent with Fairmont standards. As you mentioned, the claim is being handled by Ace Parking, the independent company that provides The Fairmont Dallas’ valet parking service. While your experience is not typical of our hotel, we regret that any problem occurred and have followed up with Ace Parking accordinly to ensure that an appropriate resolution is achieved. Please feel free to send us an email at dallas [at] fairmont [dot] com with your contact information if you have any further concerns. Thanks again for contacting us and providing us with the opportunity to speak with you.
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

From check in to check out, this hotel delivered top notch service in every arena. A special shout out goes to Tony Bennett in the lobby. This is the Fairmont's most famous, most helpful and most talkative employee. He is just a joy. The front desk staff is also friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is pricey ($20) but amazing, with just about everything offered. Rooms great, beds comfortable. Pool area fantastic, although apparently there is no jacuzzi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Fairmont Dallas? Share your experiences!