“Don't stay in the North Tower!” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Akard Street, Dallas, TX 75201   |
Ranked #19 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Don't stay in the North Tower!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have both stayed at this property in the past and hosted my clients here, and I had no idea how rough the North Tower was - they have never put me there before! It was comparable to a Days Inn. The rooms are tacky green/burgundy/brown colors, the headboards are generic, and the bathtub was very dated and highlighted in mildew. I checked in early which is likely why they had to put me over there, but be warned that the North Tower is not where you want to stay! Make sure they keep you in the nice part of the hotel away from the conference center.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great hotel, great location. Thank you so much to all the staff especially Tony Bennett for making my experience of Dallas like a 4 carrot diamond on a silver platter.... Im loving every minute of my stay- do not want to go back to the UK!

Tyler, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My bride and I arrived at the Fairmont Dallas the night of our wedding 9/22/2012 and left our Lexus with Valet since it is a valet only hotel. Sunday morning we called for our car and one hour later it arrived with $3000 worth of damage. We left going back home with the front bumper in the back seat. The estimate was $3,157.89 from a very reputable body shop. We were told after police reports and reviews of the security camera tapes we had nothing to worry about. It would be taken care of. But that was before we were contacted by Mark Mananno the claims adjuster for Ace Parking the company that actually runs the valet svc. He said since the hotel was full our vehicle was parked on one of aces public lots across from the Dallas Museum of Art and someone other than Ace was responsible for the damage, but since we were told all would be taken care of out of the goodness of their heart they are going to reimburse me for the $1,000 deductable for my insurance to cover it. Oh he was kind enough to offer assistance since he has connections with rental car agencies he could get me a discount while we are without a vehicle. I just spoke with another man I met the same morning there on business and his car was damaged however not as badly as mine, he is being told tapes have yet to be reviewd to see how his vehicle was damaged, since he had taken his vehicle out it may have happened while under his control not Ace's. So word of warning, your Lexus, BMW, Jag, Rolls or whatever may get parked on a public lot and you will be responsible. As far as the hotel. I loved it.my contact is roliver717@gmail.com. anyone have any suggestions for me I will gladly listen. Very frustrated over this.My car will be repaired. It is about what is right. when do we stop having to just accept it???

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We would like to apologize for this inconvenience and any service experience that was not consistent with Fairmont standards. As you mentioned, the claim is being handled by Ace Parking, the independent company that provides The Fairmont Dallas’ valet parking service. While your experience is not typical of our hotel, we regret that any problem occurred and have followed up with Ace Parking accordinly to ensure that an appropriate resolution is achieved. Please feel free to send us an email at dallas [at] fairmont [dot] com with your contact information if you have any further concerns. Thanks again for contacting us and providing us with the opportunity to speak with you.
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

From check in to check out, this hotel delivered top notch service in every arena. A special shout out goes to Tony Bennett in the lobby. This is the Fairmont's most famous, most helpful and most talkative employee. He is just a joy. The front desk staff is also friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is pricey ($20) but amazing, with just about everything offered. Rooms great, beds comfortable. Pool area fantastic, although apparently there is no jacuzzi.

Cleburne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Thank you Fairmont Dallas Staff for making our stay a great one! Everyone was nice and the amenities for the upgraded Gold Room were wonderful! The atmosphere in this hotel is warm and inviting. Tony Bennett was gracious and happily served us as did all the staff. They went out of their way to help us find local restaurants in the area and always had a pleasant attitude. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: "Upgrade to a Gold Room on the top 3 floors"
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Hello, and thank you for providing feedback about your stay at The Fairmont Dallas. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service and amenities provided on our Gold Level. We hope that you will visit us again on your next trip to Dallas!
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Fairmont Dallas hotel was one of the lovliest, easy to navigate, and friendliest hotels I have had the pleasure to visit! Everyone of their employees is pleasant, helpful, and goes out of their way to provide exceptional service. Diana graciously moved me to a room that was closer to my conference-going friends and had a beautiful view! My room was clean, and tidy every day, and when I mentioned to the housekeeper that I had a cold, she brought extra kleenex! Tony Bennet :) provided solid gold service that I found second to none. I spent a week at the hotel so had a chance to see it all - and I give them an A+++!

An added benefit is that the hotel is right around the corner from the free Trolley to the West End, and close to the Art Museum, and some fabulous restaurants!

Room Tip: My room on the 12th floor had a beautiful view! The higher, the better!
Harker Heights, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Was in Dallas for a conference at the Dallas Convention Center and stayed for 4 days. I was upgraded to a HUGE suite as the single King bed room I requested was not available. The hotel is very nice with interesting art work (it is in the Dallas Arts District so it was fitting). The housekeeper made sure I had ice every night and the room was immaculate. Bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was basic but fine. The room had 2 flat screen TVs and best of all had the NFL channel for Thursday night football! I ordered room service one night which was promptly delivered, generous and well presented. The entire staff was very attentive and helpful. I have traveled a lot and tend to be picky so for me to say I would stay there again is a huge compliment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Fairmont Dallas? Share your experiences!