“Nothing like real pizza in Italy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of olivella's

olivella's
3406 McFarlin Blvd, Dallas, 75225, and 6465 E. Mockingbird Lane, Suite 525, Dallas 75214, Dallas, TX
214-528-7070
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #441 of 3,099 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta
Dallas
“Nothing like real pizza in Italy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Have been hearing that Olivella's is one of the best pizza places in Dallas, so we (serious food people) finally had to check it out. Not really quite sure why it is rated so highly. We were completely underwhelmed. It is certainly not the same quality of pizza we have eaten in Italy, or actually even in several other places in Dallas that serve "authentic" pizza. We had salads with a balsamic vinaigrette. I think they forgot that there was supposed to be olive oil in the vinaigrette. We had a pizza with proscuitto on it and the proscuitto was sliced so thickly, you could barely bite through it. Certainly not the way it is supposed to be - thinly sliced. Our other pizza was good, although both seemed slightly under baked. Not like the crust should be - a little crisp on the bottom. Service was cordial and attentive. We will certainly not be back. There are much better places in Dallas to enjoy authentic pizza. Very disappointing.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“TRUE ITALIAN PIZZA IN DALLAS!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I brought our three kids to Olivella's Lakewood and had a great experience! Our server brought out the kids' cheese pizza right away while my husband and I decided on a specialty pizza. We chose the San Daniele in the True Roman style crust and it was delicious! The arugula and prosciutto toppings were so fresh, and the house made mozzarella was the perfect compliment to the delicately flavored red sauce (also made in-house, wow!). We will definitely be bringing our family back here and recommending to our friends!

• Visited March 2014
Dallas, Texas
“BEST PIZZA IN TEXAS!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I took my girlfriend to Olivella's Lakewood on the recommendation of a friend. We consider ourselves experts on pizza, and are always looking for a good spot to enjoy. My friend told me Olivella's is the best pizza in the state, so we had to check it out for ourselves! We sat on their large patio and tried their refreshing red sangria while we waited for our pizza. We ordered "The Dream," which we were told was their best seller. It was absolutely delicious!! The unusual combination of jalepeños, gorgonzola, chicken and pancetta worked surprisingly well, and the pizza crust was EXTRA thin, just the way we like it. The USA Today review was right, this really is the best pizza in the state!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“Hands down the best Pizza in Dallas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I decided to give Olivella's a try after driving by it several times. As soon as I walked in I was greeted and sat. The place is not big with only a few tables in there but the ambiance is great. It's a small cozy place for a date night. When we sat down, we had no idea what to order and Brian was great helping us out. I thought it was just another pizza joint, but turns out they come from the 3rd oldest pizza family from Naples, Italy. They were picked best pizza In the state by USA Today and also were featured by Rachael Ray.
We ordered 2 Metros (Roman style) Pizzas one being The Dream and the second being Blk Truffle and were definitely not disappointed. the crust was super thin and the toppings were well distributed. You can really taste their home made mozzarella and home made dough. The Blk Truffle was my favorite, Truffle oil can be a little overwhelming for some but I can never have enough. We skipped out on the dessert, but the table next to us ordered the Dessert Pizza which filled the room with a great smell of nutella. I will definitely be back this week to try the dessert pizza a long with their home made Sangria. Please try this place out if you are in the area, you will on be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Argyle, Texas
“I don't get it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I found this place in an article about where to eat after visiting the George Bush library. Olivella's was first on the list, with several prominent endorsements. We ordered two pizzas which were just okay. Service was friendly but they kept trying to clean our table while we were still eating, though the restaurant was nearly empty so they didn't need it...even trying to remove our pizza with several slices left. I can't think of any reason to go there.

• Visited December 2013