“A real Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Richardson, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A real Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have been going to Saint Martin's for years. Great service, great and moderately priced food and a wonderful experience.

• Visited August 2013

Waxahachie, Texas
“Always an excellant romantic dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have been dining here for 31 years and have never been disappointed...John, the manager is a welcoming host. Front dining room near the piano is our preferred seating location.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“A place for celebrating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent restaurant. We go to St Martin's for all special occasions. We came to Texas 15 yrs ago and have always enjoyed this venue.

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Our Go To Romantic Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We live in the suburbs (Far North Dallas really) and every time we have an event my wife brings up St. Martins, since I am driving I usually talk her into a closer restaurant. Well finally went back for our anniversary, More than worth the drive. Truly unique with the long bar, dark wood, personal service and smooth piano player.
My wife had scallops that were prefect, enough for take home.
Recommended wine was fantastic, 55$, which is good for a vintage Medoc.
They made me veal mersalla, not on the menu a special request, no problem, tender and great sauce.
Espresso to die for.
Will go out of our way to come again.
Great job guys.

Houston, Texas
“Lovely French Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I dined recently at Saint Martin's while in town with a business colleague. I had read quite a bit about this restaurant for years, but had never made it in to sample the French cuisine. My business colleague is quite an expert on French food, so I was hoping she would be impressed. No worries there....we both really enjoyed the experience.

Saint Martins' decor is warm and dark almost like sitting in someone's library....probably more welcoming on a cold winter's evening than in the dead of a Dallas summer, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. Both my dinner guess and i began with the Pear and Beet Salad...it was really lovely in its presentation and very flavorful. For my entree, i had the Sole done in a butter and white wine sauce. This dish was maybe a little heavy on the butter, but all in all quite nice. My dinner guest had the Sea Bass which was a special. She raved about it. We also had a very accommodating and knowledgable server. She helped us sift through the large wine list and recommended a lovely, but not expensive, bottle of French wine.

We will definitely be back on our next trip to Dallas.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere