“With maturity, I've realized that this is a gem” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Waxahachie, Texas
“With maturity, I've realized that this is a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

To put things in perspective, I recently turned 18. I often was forced to tag along with family to the restaurant when I was younger (13-15 yrs old) and as I did not have an appreciation for fine dining and anything other than your basic burgers & pizza stuck my nose up at this place. However, as a result of trying Terrilli's down the street for my graduation, I entered St. Martin's with a new mindset and loved it. I now realize why my parents have been going here for 30 years. The service is EXCELLENT (in part I'm sure because they're regular customers), the brie soup is splendid (I highly recommend using it as a dipping sauce for bread!), I've never had veal before and loved it here, and as far as desserts I made a bad choice with the Chocolate Terrine but I sampled my tables' other desserts and would've been highly satisfied with either the Creme Brulee or Cheesecake. Be sure to ask for Ome (I believe that's how it's spelled) as he will make your service unforgettable.

• Visited August 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Charming.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Had a really great dinner last night with friends. This is a good place for a group or for a romantic dinner. There were 4 couples and we tried lots of different dishes.... all were great! And the best part was the chocolate souffle! I do hope that the fireplace will be lit in the winter... how cozy... We are all looking forward to our next time. Oh, my husband's sea bass was the best ever!

• Visited July 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“First-class experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I were searching for a romantic dinner place, and we could not have been more pleased. From the outside it looks just like any other restaurant, and certainly gives no idea at the perfection behind the dusty exterior. We walked in and were immediately warmly welcomed to a candle-lit room with an extremely talented piano player in the corner. He even took requests. The staff were extremely knowledgeable in both the food and the wines, and we were very impressed with their professionalism and kindness, and the food was top-notch! At the end of the meal the manager visited us to check on the meal and gave us friendly conversation. He even called a cab for us at the end of the night. Throughout our entire time in Dallas, this night was our most memorable and most loved. We made this visit several months ago, now, but we still talk about it often and are making a special trip to Dallas again in a few months with the priority being to revisit this restaurant for our anniversary! Thank you for making our night so very special!

• Visited October 2011
Dallas, Texas
“French food in a old school ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is a really good French restaurant. The menu is very attractive, with a lot of different dishes to choose from. As an appetizer We shared the Steak Tartare which was really fresh and tasty for the money ($12). The main courses was also very well presented and tasted so good. The lamb I had and the sea bass my wife took were cooked to perfection and the sauces matched perfectly.

The server was outstanding and there was live music (piano player) creating a very romantic and chic ambience. This a great place for a couple to celebrate a special day. It is maybe kind of dark for business diners and similar, but I wouldn't disregard it for that purpose.

The souffle for dessert was really good, but took almost 20 min to be prepared. But worth the wait. And this is one of the few places I've found with Irish Coffee made with expresso coffee. The overall experience was good but a little pricy after all.

“Fabulous!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

We went on a whim. Just stumbled across it. It was amazing!!!!! They had a great special for $45 per person that was 4 courses with wine at each course! The champagne brie soup was a great start. The beat and pear salad was also good but I could have done without cinnamon on the pears. My hubby had the duck which was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The apricot currant sauce was devine! But the real treat was my dish...the seafood thermidor. To say it was good would be an understatement!! It had a lobster tail, scallops, prawns, and loads of lump crab meat. The sauce was rich and delicious just pure happiness!!! Best seafood dish I have ever had! Wonderful atmosphere, I could have stayed all night listening to the music. Great place!