“Latin Cafe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Zaguan South American Cafe & Bakery

Zaguan South American Cafe & Bakery
2604 Oak Lawn Ave, Dallas, TX 75219-4020 (Oak Lawn)
214-219-8393
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
“Latin Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This isn't a fancy high priced restaurant, but a casual sit down café that you can come to and enjoy a good food. If you are looking to venture out from your usual dining routine, give this place a try.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Arlington, Texas
“A Nice Change of Pace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Gluten Free! That's a biggie for the wife, so I figured I'd get that out of the way. They have everything clearly listed on their menu with a GF by it for easy access.

The food is very tasty! It's different than anything I've ever tasted, and I like eating here. I've been to Zaguan a few times with the wife, and we both enjoy exploring new tastes. I particularly like the Cachapa. She had the Arepas last time, and really liked it as well. She almost always gets some sort of dessert as well.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
dallas
“Slightly disappointing but would give it another try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had visited Buenos Aires a few month's before...not that I was expecting to feel like I had been swept away to that wonderful city, but I still left feeling slightly disappointed in my experience. The food was very greasy. Neither of us could finish it. Both of our orders got mixed up. To their credit, the waiter offered to replace it. Not quite knowing what exactly we were eating, we had already ate a third of our meal, so we declined. They graciously didn't charge us for one of the plates. I enjoyed the coffee, while my friend found it tasted like Sanka. Most of all, we were simply disappointed at the greasiness of the food. The service was attentive and friendly, and I did enjoy the vibe of the restaurant and the clientele.

Visited March 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Not fancy, but the best food ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I started going to this restaurant 10 years ago, just when they open. It is small, charming café, but the dishes are great. The best is Cachapa with pulled beef and cheese. It is always delicious and satisfying. If you want something unique, off the bitten path, this is the place. Not expensive and very tasty.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Overpriced dive.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The place has mediocre food, terrible atmosphere, limited bar, poor service and high prices.
The menu and pricing is misleading. The place is a dive but not priced like one.

• Visited January 2014