“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fearing's Restaurant

Fearing's Restaurant
2121 McKinney Avenue, The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas, TX 75201 (Oak Lawn)
214-922-4848
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fearing's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 3,165 Restaurants in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Pearl and McKinney
Description: #1 in the U.S. (Zagat-rated 2009). Elevated American Cuisine - global flair with the unmistakable signature of one of Southwest Cuisine's founding fathers, Celebrity Chef Dean Fearing. Rare wines, outstanding cocktails and plenty of local favorites.
Lubbock, Texas
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The food was great but the bartender made our lunch very enjoyable. He even gave us the name and phone number for a great brunch place.

Visited October 2013

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Excellent dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Have eaten here several times and it is always, consistently, excellent. Fresh, wonderfully prepared food, very good service by friendly wait staff. Even the breakfasts are fantastic!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Prix Fixe Christmas 2012”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

To preface this review, this was for the Christmas Eve 2012 Prix Fixe menu.
I was unimpressed with the decor and the waitstaff uniforms. It seemed a bit casual and I would liken it to Sissy's Southern Kitchen, except at least at Sissy's the waiters wear bowties. The service was great, but his uniform unfortunately not. It seemed a bit sloppy. None of the tables and chairs matched. It was a cool idea but my chair enveloped me and I felt really far from the table. I think I might have been too short for it (I'm only 5'2).
The food was pretty good. Not awesome. It felt great going down, but unfortunately around 3AM I didn't share the same sentiment. I think I had quail or something, but I wasn't super blown away by it. They had a dessert they gave to everyone that night which was a cute idea. However, the presentation was better than the taste.
The highlight of my experience was the sommelier. He recommended some fantastic wines that complemented our food perfectly. I would definitely recommend talking to him when visiting the restaurant. He selected wines we hadn't heard of and would not have picked on our own.
Overall, pretty OK experience. I wouldn't go back for a prix fixe menu night.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida, USA
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Was worried about the move from the Mansion but Fearing's is spectacular. Great food in a beautiful setting.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Simply Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner twice there this week. The halibut was outstanding and the following night the pork chop was even better. Everything was fresh and innovative and scrumptious. The service was excellent and, most importantly, Dean the Chef visited the tables both night and was in no hurry to finish the conversations. Also,the wine list was very good, fairly priced and the server did not scrimp in the pouring. I'd be delighted to return and to have another highly satisfying dining experience.

Visited September 2013