“great food and service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fearing's Restaurant

Fearing's Restaurant
2121 McKinney Avenue, The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas, TX 75201 (Oak Lawn)
214-922-4848
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fearing's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 3,034 restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Pearl and McKinney
Description: #1 in the U.S. (Zagat-rated 2009). Elevated American Cuisine - global flair with the unmistakable signature of one of Southwest Cuisine's founding fathers, Celebrity Chef Dean Fearing. Rare wines, outstanding cocktails and plenty of local favorites.
Benbrook, Texas
“great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

lunch and dinner were both good. The room we had for dinner was an octagon, full windows, and light and airy. The buffalo tenderloin was amazing! As was the fried lobster... I know weird right, but melted in your mouth!

Visited August 2013

87% Recommend
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Food and Service Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The signature buffalo tenderloin is excellent. Perfectly cooked and the flavor of the entire dish was wonderful. Sea Bass of the day was prepared perfect as well. Nice crisp outside with soft tender meaty center. Our server "Moses" was amazingly knowledgable and we ordered all his recommendations. We were not disappointed. The wine pairings were on target. We travel all over the world and this is one of our top selections by far. Dean came out to greet and meet us and we loved the casual meets elegance atmosphere. We loved this experience so much, we are considering it for our wedding dinner celebration in October. We walked around the restaurant and everyone was happy to accommodate us. Our reservations were for 7pm. We went for date night, but if you are celebrating, go for it.... you won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
dallas
“Very Disappointed in the Sliders!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I ordered the BBQ "Brisket" Sliders w/fries. What I got was cubed meat that should not have even been served and espically from a Dean Fearing restuarant. This meat had nothing but fat and grissle in EACH BITE! I told the waiter and he offered another selection but I was not welling to try another selection. I did remove all the meat and ate the bread with the cole slaw. The taste of the BBQ sauce was really good. I won't ever order the sliders again though, period! I did enjoy my dessert. It was presented and looked like an artist's masterpiece. I had the Buttered Popcorn Ice Cream wtih Cream Soda. That made up for the bad sliders!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The atmosphere is comfortable and unpretentious yet has an understated elegance. This is a go-to restaurant for us for many occasions. I would not hesitate to recommend Fearing's.

Visited February 2013
Bermuda
“Ohmigod!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

A colleague and I were in town for a conference at a nearby luxury hotel. As we were going to be in the conference for a week we knew we were going to get plenty of that hotel food so we wanted to try something outside of the hotel. Walking around the area..nothing piqued our interest..so we figured that another hotel would be a safe bet and we just happened to be outside the Ritz. We swore that as employees of the nearby luxury hotel..we would never admit that we had eaten at the Ritz..however after we finished our meal...we couldn't keep that secret.

I'm a pretty simple eater..so none of the appetisiers appealed to me. The waiter was happy to accomodate my wish to order an app off of the Rattlesnake Bar menu. I chose the Sweet Potato Fries! Best ever tasted! they were amazing!! If you like sweent and savory in one dish. This is it. For main course..I ordered off the Fearling's menu...the Salmon..that was cooked to my exact specifiation!

Our waiter in particular wasn't the best I've ever had...but did see that some of the other waiters had spark and pizazz. My Colleague and I tried to squeeze in another visit but unfortunately - we never made it back!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Fearing's Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Fearing's Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.