“De-lish!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Twisted Root Burger Co.

Twisted Root Burger Co.
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
New Orleans, Louisiana
“De-lish!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am not a hamburger lover. It is one of the last things I would order at a restaurant. But the burgers at Twisted Root are THE BEST I have ever had!! They made me a believer. I was a bit intimidated by the order process. I think it had something to do with the sign above the register that said "For the love of God, have your order and your money ready!! Don't be a [--]!" But turns out, they were pretty nice after all. The place was very noisy and crowded so don't go if you're looking for a place to really chat and enjoy a pleasant evening.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Irving, Texas
“Great Burger and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great experience, had a gritty feeling, definitely not high brow. Burgers were great, sides are delicious, and the drinks are awesome. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a great, Deep Ellum experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Exquisite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Delightful prices and a supreme burger. I'd like to make a distinction here. There are dirty burgers and clean burgers. Clean burgers are much like a Chicago burger: small, clean, not oversized as a meal and just the right amount of sides. The Dirty burgers are the huge oversized burgers with loads of cheese and bulging with ingredients, having a single punch knock-out flavor full munch. Which is better? Depends on who makes the burger.

This is a dirty burger, and by all means, its so delicious and flavorful. We had a Westerner, by far the best. Wow, crammed with jalapeños and a huge patty and onion rings, this burger is the king size of burgers around texas. For less than 10 bucks, its a mouthful.

SIDES:

I recommend you get the CHICHARRON, its so crunchy and so good you'll go nuts. The onion strings are also a must.

For now, Dallas' best burger.

Visited August 2013
Canton, Ohio
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

On the third day of our visit to Dallas I got hungry for a good burger. I am so glad our son took us to Twisted Root Burger Co.! First, I am one of the people who still gets a laugh when places assign you a random famous person's name! Second, I ordered a burger called Enough Said. The meat was very juicy and it had potato chips on it! Enough Said! Third, I shared a peanut butter brownie shake with my son and, only because I love him, did not down the whole thing when he got up to get more water! It was well worth every calorie! It is a self serve restaurant, nothing fancy, but it was very good! If you go, I hope you are assigned a name that makes you smile!

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“unique burgers in a fun casual atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Looked up restaurants that Guy Fieri had reviewed and decided to try this place. In the Elum district so this is not a high society downtown area, this is a unique area of town! Evening parking is $5 in the lot next door, or try to find a meter out front.
Walk up and place your order..the sign says " have your mind made up before its your turn to order!" haha, fun , jovial , party atmosphere, with a fun menu of unique burgers. I had the Sexy Hawaiian burger and one of my daughters had the mo' shrooms burger. They are all half pound burgers unless you order specialty meat(like buffalo or kangaroo)which is quarter pound meat.
There is a pickle bar with atomic pickles and hot and spicy pickles as well as milder choices too.
They give you a celebrity name card so that when your order is ready they call you out with the name on the card. Very funny to watch! Variety of wooden tables with a roll of paper towel at each spot. Kinda dark but a view of the street makes people watching fun.

• Visited July 2013