“My favorite in Dallas ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Toulouse Cafe and Bar

Toulouse Cafe and Bar
3314 Knox St, Dallas, TX 75205-4034 (Oak Lawn)
214-520-8999
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
“My favorite in Dallas ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

For my birthday while in Dallas it was no choice but here. Have been twice before and liked better each time. I split mussels with my son for a starter (about six choices all excellent). Tender and full of flavor. Then a house salad with house dressing. Perfect. Then had the Dover sole. It is grilled and deboned table side. This could be the best fish dish I have ever had, comparable only by a beachside restaurant in Nice France on the Mediterranean. Others had lobster bisque, goat cheese salad, goat cheese tart -- all good. Finished with creme brûlée and profiteroles. Perfection. Valet parking. Loved it.

McKinney, Texas
“A Really Nice Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My wife and I had a very enjoyable dinner at this restaurant. Everything is very well prepared and the service is excellent. If you go, you have to try the Pimm's Cup drink. It is a great springtime and summer drink but they are so good we get it year round. The French Onion soup comes out in a cast iron crock and it is one of the best I have ever had. The Steak Au Poirve was perfectly prepared with a great cognac peppercorn sauce. The waiter paired our steak perfectly with a Toso Malbec. The patio is enclosed when the weather is cold and would be very nice in the spring and summer. This is one of our favorite Dallas restaurants.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas
“Very nice lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Dallas has very few French restaurants and Toulouse was recommended to me to try. I am glad I stopped by. The salads were excellent and the trout almandine ( I know, trite; but hey, it's a French restaurant) was delicious! I am told to try the lobster bisque on my next visit!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlottesville VA
“lovely, memorable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Before eating at Toulouse, we stopped by in the afternoon (it is next to the lovable Katy Trail, where we were strolling on a warm winter day). We were not planning to eat out that day, but we asked to see the menu and talked with the very charming, intelligent, helpful hostess, a woman whose life has brought her from Bangladesh to Dallas. Everything looked great, so we had brunch the next day in a group of three. The brunch menu is not exotic - we had an omelette, bagels and salmon, and Belgian waffles - but everything was exquisite - perfectly prepared, beautifully prepared. The weather had suddenly become very cold, and we sat on the enclosed patio, which was drafty - the only problem in a wonderful experience. Happy with the experience, we came back for dinner the next night. The dinner menu is excellent, with classic French dishes. We started with soup (the weather was still cold) - potato leek, with a pleasant nutmeg taste; lobster bisque, with a splendid mingling of lobster and tomato flavors; and a classic French onion soup, with the topping of toast and cheese just right. Two of us had main courses - salmon, duck confit; the third, less hungry, had the appetizer plate of frog legs, which was just right for a small main course. Everything - textures, scents, flavors, presentation - is superb in this restaurant. On our visits, the service was impeccable as well - friendly, unobtrusive, observant. (Thanks Eduardo!) The prices were mid-range - dinner main courses in the 20s - which for the experience we had was very reasonable.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cee Vee
“My Wife's Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have never had a bad meal. I often get a steak and my wife gets fish. The patio is nice if the weather is comfortable.

Visited December 2013