“Close to fairgrounds” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Market Center

You added BEST WESTERN Market Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Market Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2023 Market Center Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75207 (West Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #122 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Gardnerville, Nevada
“Close to fairgrounds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Check in staff was very helpful with directions to the fairgrounds. Our room had two queens, Mom was travelling with us. The room was tight, but very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was definitely good. We were on the street side, but the room was quiet. No real complaints here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel during last weekend. Because of the two games that weekend, the hotel was occupied by a lot of young fans who were rather noisy the night before and after the game. They were laughing and talking loud around the pool which is the central area of the hotel, every room has a view onto it and probably all guests heard the noise. When my husband called the front desk after midnight, he took care of the situation quickly. The noise stopped. The upstairs rooms look very small b/c of the low ceilings and the strange decoration of the walls. The bathroom was tiny but OK. The location was excellent, in downtown, close to restaurants and museums. Overall, we experienced good value for our money ($80/night +tax with military discount) but we would try a different hotel next time we go to Dallas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dallas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Everything seemed fine when we checked in, but on the second night, we came back to our room to find small white maggots crawling all over the floor. The hotel staff promptly moved us to another room which was fine, but offered no sort of compensation or anything. We went back in the next morning to pick up an item we forgot and the maggots were still there. Definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I went to Dallas for my 52nd birthday and the intent was to spend the weekend at The Best Western Market Center. It sits between the Hilton and the Hilton Alton Towers so Best Western must be nice right!!!!!!!!! WRONGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

First the hotel looks like a dump from the outside,,, in need of major repairs and then room we were given, apparently had someone sleeping in my bed:::hummmm, so we head back down stairs and they issue another "DUMP" room. We get to the room and open the door and OMG, the smell of 3 week old smoke and funk was the most GOD forsaken order we had ever smelled.

We then have to call and ask for air freshener which they say they cannot give us, but eventually the clerk brought some up and stood there while we used it and ask for it back. Then blonde hair was all over everything "which means it has not been cleaned in a while. We finally decided to crawl on the bed to get a few mins sleep and the next morning roaches, beetles and some other type varmint greeted us "a Good morning".

Then we leave the next morning heading to the State Fair and make the decision that we cannot do this a second night and head back to the hotel to check out. We check out at 5:00 and they charge us for a second night which was find $149.86 ( no discounts for all the issues), but a week later I see they hit my card for $232.29 which was 82.43 more than we should have paid.

I call the hotel and kid named "William" tells me no problem he can fix it,,,,, well 1 hour later on this call ( keep in mind during this time he hangs up the phone, I call back, he lays the phone down and does not come back, I call back and then he tells me I need to deal with someone else, he was not giving us a credit back to our account.

Well, I went ahead and had to make contact with our bank and email them my receipt for check out. So if you are still crazy enough to check in that hotel, let me give you one more bean to put in your pot " As we are checking out the next day, "THUGS from hell" are sitting in the lobby behind us and we could not get out of there quick enough.

I guess "Happy 52nd Birthday to me" and I assure you , one that I will never - ever forget, but I assure my self one thing "NEVER, EVER" again will this happen to me at a Best Western "Independently owned hotel .

Room Tip: Check your area out well and research the hotel even if it is a name brand, but if it is independent...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Foul smelling room. When went to front desk they were pleasant but unable to help. In the middle of the night the problem became apparent. Water poured steadily into the room from the ac unit. People next door said they had the same problem the night before.

• Stayed October 2013
Campbell, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great staff, very accommodating. I stay here at least twice a year. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable. The location is close to uptown.There are plenty of restaurants in close proximity. I will continue to stay here when I travel to Dallas.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Houston, Tx, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Best Western Hotels offer very good accommodations for reasonable prices. The Market Square location was very convenient my destination. The staff was very pleasant, the bed was comfortable, and the room was clean The continental breakfast was adequate, especially the waffles. Overall my experience was pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Market Center? Share your experiences!