“Fantastic anniversary getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
TheWoodlands, Texas, United States
“Fantastic anniversary getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our check-in was seamless and I was happy to hear we got upgraded to a suite. On arrival to the room with DiDi politely unloading our bags, I was impressed by the beautiful fresh flower arrangement they had delivered per my request. We immediately went to the pool for some relaxation. The pool is a little small, and the scene not quite as vibrant as we were hoping, but the service was excellent and the drinks good. That night, we had dinner at Fearing's which was absolutely fabulous, and came home to the room that was decorated with rose petals and votives, chocolates and wine. My wife had requested a special ambience for our anniversary, but they truly went over the top fabulous. The next morning we were greeted at the door with fresh squeezed orange juice and fruit on our way out for a walk. The bar was hopping Saturday night, with a DJ and dancing. Topped off the weekend with Sunday brunch at Fearing's. Overall the stay could not have been better. The service was phenomenal. Have stayed at many hotels in this price range, and this weekend was up there with the best service I have had. Kudos to the staff and management!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Milton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

It was a conference weekend for me & 2 girlfriends tagged along for the sun & pool time. I thought the conference was at the AA Center (arena), but found out the first a.m. it was at the AA training center near the airport...Nora V. gave us a complimentary room upgrade to a junior suite, which was perfect for 3 women to move around. She also sent a bottle of red wine and a piece of chocolate fudge cake to wish me a Happy Birthday! So nice of all of you! My girlfriends enjoyed the cake as I am gluten free...but I enjoyed the berries decorating the plate. Raphael carried our luggage to the room & gave us an overview of all of the amenities. You are a sweetheart! Michael greeted us each day & helped us on departure! Rachel D. at Fearing is an awesome waitress & remembered me in the days to come, asking how my commute was to the conference! Robert, our concierge, was very helpful as well! We enjoyed the guacomologist & mini margaritas at night! This is a nice touch! At the end of our stay, laying poolside for a few hours before departure, my girlfriend met Torey. She told him of my adventures to take DART to the conference...He surprised us with a beautiful plate of fresh fruits, dip & banana bread on the house, to wash away all the challenges of commuting 2 hours each way each day! You are an amazing individual! We wish you well with your young family! As a Marriott owner, I am very proud of the quality of staff that the Ritz hires and the standards of customer service that they uphold. The staff should be very proud of the work they do! Thank you! I look forward to returning! Our next stop, Ritz Carlton New Orleans in August! I can't wait!

Room Tip: we stayed in 631, a junior suite. It was very roomy & quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here one night and were treated very well. Everything was absolutely perfect and the best hospitality from a hotel. The spa is wonderful - I suggest you book appointments ahead of time. The spa ladies were so nice and my friend that I was treating is pregnant and they sent room service to us to deliver pickles (they had asked what she was craving and we had no idea they would do this!) It was a lovely surprise and funny! They also sent her a little gift which made it even more lovely. The house car (Bentley) is such a nice treat - they'll take you anywhere in a 3 mile radius. They say to ask 15 minutes before hand, but on a Saturday night, I'd ask at least 30 minutes because the bell hop is the one who arranges the list (first come, first served) and we had to wait about 25 minutes (thankfully we got there 30 minutes early). The Bentley also picked us up from dinner - just ask the driver if they think it's possible and they'll let you know.

I would definitely stay here again if in Dallas. The pool is also very nice (small) and they do serve a light lunch menu pool side.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Citizen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Over the past year, i've spent about 30 nights at the Ritz Carlton Dallas and can unequivocally recommend this hotel to anyone. I am a traveler with a bias in favor of quiet hotels, non "scene" places.

Lobby/Welcome: Concierge staff, bellmen, front desk people always helpful and considerate. The bar can be a bit of a scene.

Rooms: No rough edges at all. It might be helpful to have a room not on the street side of the hotel, as the car noise can be a little bit of a nuisance in the am, but rarely.

Restaurant/Room Service: The restaurant is very good, and suitable for a quick dinner after a late arrival. Room Service will makie whatever you like. The breakfast area is the same as for dinner, and the wait staff there can't do enough for you.

Stay at all kinds of Ritz Carltons all over and this is a good un.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Spent two days @ this location & enjoyed every minute of it. Our room was large, clean & had all the Lux features indicative of a 5-Star property- including the service. The valet crew was always upbeat & fast with ice-cold bottled water waiting on us at arrival/departure. Rachel at the front desk was especially easy to look at & was an equal pleasure during the check-in procedure. The salt-water pool is quite the "Oasis", with slick LED lights that change colors, big towels folded nicely on upgraded patio chaise-loungers. They even had fresh, ice-cold cucumber water with cups at poolside. It seems they thought out my every need. We dined in one night & ordered from Dean Fearing's Menu. Expect to pay a little more at Fearing's, but expect to get a lot for what you paid for. The Elk & Buffalo were excellent. Only issue was there seemed to be some disconnect between room service & Fearing's. When I placed the order, I asked for "take-out" (trying to minimize the cost of service charge). The Fearing's receptionist informed me that I had to call room service. Room service was quick to take the order, but lacked the knowledge of the menu items. No deal breaker, the food was great, but when deliberating menu choices that exceed $40.00 an entree, one should know it well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We just returned home after staying 3 nights at the Ritz in Dallas. We were celebrating our 34th anniversary & as we checked in, the front staff congratulated us. I don't know how previous reviewers get their upgrades because we never get upgraded. We pay for a better room, a better view, a better floor. Some reviewers have said a bottle of champagne was waiting for them in their room--that never happens to us! Anyway, on to the review:

We stayed in a deluxe suite on the club level. We always book a suite in any hotel because we like extra room. This room is just so-so, nothing over-the-top. One note of caution: If you look at the website and click on the floorplan for this room, it shows 1.5 baths. This is the reason I booked this room. The room actually has only 1 bath. I was disappointed at this because frankly, booking a room with more than 1 bath is how we've survived 34 years of marriage!! The room is the only negative in this review. I should've called and confirmed the floorplan beforehand as 1.5 baths is not in the description so I blame myself as well.

The lobby of the Ritz-Dallas is beautiful. The staff is super-friendly. They remembered our names every day and couldn't do enough to help us. If you have the opportunity, stay on the club level. It is so worth the extra money. The lounge is very comfortable. They bring out beautiful displays of food several times a day. They have wine, champagne & beer available all day. It's a great respite from the crowd downstairs. Every concierge in the club lounge was great but Cynthia was delightful. She bent over backwards for us. She's a really nice lady and a great benefit to the Ritz.
You should stay at the Ritz because of the services & benefits of the club level.

The location of the Ritz is perfect and several restaurants are walkable but they do have a luxury car to take you anywhere within a 3-mile radius. Cynthia's son was our driver and he was as nice
as his mother. The people who work at this hotel make the hotel seem more of a boutique, luxury hotel--you forget you're staying in a huge chain. Cudos to the staff. They should all get raises! It made for a very memorable anniversary.

Room Tip: Choose the club level--you won't be sorry
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Wow. What an amazing experience. My husband and I are originally from Dallas, and have had the pleasure of visiting this Ritz and Fearing's restaurant often, but had never stayed overnight in the hotel. Our recent trip back to Dallas gave us the perfect opportunity to finally stay here. I wanted to write this review to give people the credit they deserve because everyone we came in contact with went completely out of their way to make our stay so pleasant.

First we were greeted by the valet (Isaac and Joe) and then Didi upon entering the hotel. Isaac and Joe are so welcoming and pleasant, and Didi is just awesome. He always has the biggest smile, and goes completely out of his way to make sure we are taken care of. He actually sent us a card up to our room saying he was happy to see us and thanking us for choosing the Ritz! Didi took us to our suite on the Club Level, which the club lounge by the way totally exceeded my expectations! (This club level is totally worth it! I had no clue how conveinient and relaxing this space would be.)

Our suite was simple, very clean and nice. Great bathroom, great shower, and great view from bathroom. Bed was super comfy, and there was a great view from our room as well. We had a sweet surprise right after arriving in our room. Megan Schindele sent us up a tray of chocolates and sweets with the nicest card welcoming us back to Dallas and to the Ritz. It's the little things that make such a lasting impression, and that's why this hotel is fantastic.

Going back to the club level, the club level means you have access to a 24 hour lounge where you can do business, watch tv, eat A LOT, etc... I knew they had snacks, but I had no clue how divine the food would be! I think i ate all day the entire 8 days I was there. What is so great, is that this is all included in your room rate for club level. For breakfast daily, there was a spread of everything from home made muesli, to steel cut oats, fresh fruit, pastries, bagels, lox, coffee, tea, champagne.... You get the idea. Then they have a mid day snack display, an evening hors d'oeuvres display, and the room attendant will also make you cocktails. Speaking of room attendant, the morning attendant, Natalie, was SO nice! She was always so happy in the mornings, and I enjoyed talking with her. One afternoon, I was totally raving about one of their salads, and she went downstairs to the chef and printed me out the recipe! Talk about customer service, she was incredible.

We ate at Fearing's restaurant three or four nights. It's absolutely delicious. You can't be in Dallas and not try Dean's southwestern food; it just kicks butt...being honest. Robyn and Candace took care of us one night. They are so professional, and so fun to be around. Caesar waited on us another night, he is great as well. This restaurant definitely has an excellent atmosphere, great staff, and mouth watering food!!

Lastly, I just wanted to say how friendly and generous Roberto, hotel's general manager is. we met Roberto in the club lounge, and had a nice conversation with him. We had dinner that night at Fearing's downstairs, and Roberto sent us a bottle of wine. That was so thoughtful, and we really appreciated it.

I will always stay at this Ritz when I come to Dallas. Cannot wait to return!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas? Share your experiences!