“Outstanding Hotel with Service to Match” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Pensacola
“Outstanding Hotel with Service to Match”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

From the moment of arrival through checkout, this hotel knocks your socks off. Lots of special treats, including the guacomologist who shows up in the lobby each evening with wonderful guacamole and margarita shots.

Upgraded to a larger room that had great view of downtown.

Fabulous fitness center and heated rooftop pool. Excellent spa. Restaurant and banquet staff very attentive and helpful. Food excellent.

Definitely recommend for business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Cape Fear Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

There is nothing like a stay at the Ritz. The staff was very friendly and accommodating- the food was amazing.
The guacamologist in the lobby in the evenings was an excellent treat... The gym was wonderful to use. State of the art, clean and never over crowded and the spa was fantastic. Had a manicure and it was so relaxing- Stephanie was was great company as well as a fantastic manicurist.
There is nowhere as wonderful as The Ritz!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Before you read any further, know that my husband and I booked our stay with rewards points. That being said, here goes. We spent one super quick night here while we traveled to Dallas to pick up our new puppy at the airport. When I made the reservation, I asked for a pet-friendly room and explained our circumstances. When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk welcomed us with Champagne, told us that they had upgraded us to the club level, and had waived the $125 pet fee. Wow. We were completely overwhelmed by the level of service at this particular Ritz location. In our room was a cheese plate to welcome us, as well as a dog bowl and treats for our pup. The food in the club lounge was not too shabby, and the staff was so accommodating. In our haste to get out the next morning, we didn't notice that we had personalized Frette pillowcases that were ours to take home. by Tuesday, a FedEx box was on our doorstep, containing the pillowcases and a card thanking us for our stay. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Dallas!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Nice hotel, great beds, wonderful staff. Fearings is great for dinner. They have a car service if you are going some where close. Easy access to the opera, ballet and mid-town Dallas. They have an outdoor area with fire pits and a bar, its lovely at night.

• Stayed April 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Excellent Stay, Excellent service! Came here for our 16th wedding anniversary and we had a memorable and wonderful weekend, thank you Ritz! We were greeted upon checkin with a glass of champagne which started the weekend off great. We received a corner room that had beautiful views. The room we stayed in was a standard room but it was a big room & large bathroom. We took the hotel bentley to dinner which was amazing. Concierge recommended a great restaurant for dinner & he really took the time to find the right place for us. The guest relations coordinator, Mr. Harmon, sent up chocolate covered strawberry's for our anniversary which shows the extra steps this type of hotel takes to make the experience memorable. We travel to Dallas often & this is an amazing area of the city, especially by the Klyde Warren Park. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying here again!

Room Tip: standard corner room has great views!
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was our third visit to this Ritz, and I must say it has slumped since our first visit. Rooms and public areas are beginning to show wear. I noticed debris on the carpet in our hallway upon arrival - the debris was still there upon checkout four days later. Does someoene vacuum the hallway? When we checked in to our room, there were chocolate-covered strawberries and a note meant for another couple. We let the front desk know (twice) that they were there - they said they would send someone to take it away - it never happened. The rotting strawberries sat in our room for FOUR days. Even when we left the housekeeper (twice) a note to please discard -she would not get rid of them. What? Also, the ice machine on our floor (seventh) was not working - I reported it (twice) and then gave up. The place is crazy on Friday and Saturday nights - when we returned from dinner on Saturday night we waited a good 10 minutes to valet our car - the lobby/reception/valet area was a zoo. I expect more from a Ritz Carlton. Dallas has several great 5-star hotels and I get the feeling here that no one is minding the store.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Once again, the Ritz Carlton Dallas exceeded my expectations. I was again traveling alone and stayed on the Club Level. Upon arrival the Valet Team greeted me with a warm hello and asked about my family. I was checked in quickly and my bags were to the room within 5 minutes of me being inside. The hotel recognized my continued patronage with an amenity called "Brownie Innovation" which was in the room my first night. I have attached a photo so that you can see it; describing it doesn't do it justice. They were the most decadent, wonderfully textured brownies you could imagine, stacked one on top of the other and dusted with raspberry dust. Next to them on the glass was a presentation of 3 artists paint tubes with the names of the contents handwritten on each tube. There was Salted Caramel, Ganache and Raspberry Jam. One was better than the next as I decorated the top of my brownies! Kudos to the Ritz chef and I strongly suggest that you request this sometime during your stay. Just request it by name and sit back and enjoy. There will be a charge if it is not an Amenity you receive, but it is well worth it!!

Back to the stay itself, I always request room 724 (this is a Club Level Room) because it is on a corner and has more light than others. It is at the end of the hall which makes it quiet. The beds are heavenly and the rooms are very large. The Club Lounge is right down the hall and they have the same wonderful food services found at every Ritz Club. I find that the Ritz Club is leaps and bounds above any other hotel chain in regards to the quality of their Club Level.

The Concierge staff (Robert, Richard, Kent and Steven) at this hotel can do or arrange absolutely anything you need. Again, I needed help with some unusual tasks as I was by myself. The Concierge team jumped in and "Voila!" it was done. That kind of service is a lost art! What the Concierge team doesn't address, the Guest Relations team does. Cole is the Supervisor and Ronald is the Coordinator and they were simply the best. If you need anything done prior to your visit, reach out to them and it will be done. (ie, special occasions, etc.) The two of them can make anything happen for a birthday, anniversary, mother-daughter weekend, etc. Just call ahead and speak with them. Once you are at the property the Concierge team takes over for most arrangements.

We did not use the spa this trip, although you can see in past reviews that I think their spa is fabulous, and a mani pedi by Bryant is a must! I did use the pool, and it was wonderful. The pool staff took care of our every need.

While I was too tired most nights to go to Fearings Restaurant, I did order room service from Fearings several times. I'm not sure that everyone realizes that you can do that instead of the typical room service, but it is possible, and you should consider it. My dinners were amazing, but then I would expect nothing else from Fearings. The Ritz room service items are wonderful as well, but if you want to mix it up, try something from Fearings, even if it is just one of their desserts.

I have said before that The Ritz Carlton Dallas is my "go to" Dallas hotel. I never have to worry about consistency from one trip to another and they never fail to exceed my expectations. This trip was no exception and they remain my favorite hotel in Dallas.

Room Tip: I prefer room 724 on Club. The room has a tremendous amount of light, is a corner room and very qui...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas? Share your experiences!