“Up to 5-star standards” 4 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
“Up to 5-star standards”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Very good, classy hotel. Lobby, bar and Fearing's restaurant are splendid. Rooms are fine and spacious, chose Club Level for best. Club lounge offers great breakfast, cocktail/bar and late desserts. Good gym. Swimming pool is unatractive and small. The deco is sober, 100% good taste ( so much to the point of being a bit dull...). Details: Wifi is poor quality, and pls stop stapling the laundry!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here 5 nights in March. We had a nice Club level room which was spacious and well-appointed. The bathroom is big! The Club hostess was very welcoming and personable. Lobby and bar can get crazy in the evenings - we had to wade through the mob to get to the dining room. The dining room is very stylish. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent - it's nice to see a celebrity restaurant where the celebrity chef is actually in the kitchen. Mr. Fearing was there all evening and stopped by tables to check on guests. Nice touch. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights last week. First trip to Dallas and was very impressed with the hotel. The recpetion is open and spacious. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly thorugh the hotel.
I was impressed with my room - very spacious and clean - a super comformtable bed! The room was very well sound proofed which enabled me to try and sleep off my 6 hours jet lag!
My only criticism is how expensive the bar was - a pot of tea was the best part of 48 and two galsses of bulk standard wine came in at $30. My suggestion would be leave the hotel, turn left and walk up the road for 10 mins - there are some nice bars and restaurants to chooswe from there (the Idle Pub was pretty good).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Before I start, you should know that I stay at Ritz Carlton properties whenever I travel. Rarely are there exceptions. However, over the past few years I have noticed something that those of you who travel a lot should keep in mind: The bar areas become absolute bedlam on the weekends! From Dallas to New Orleans and waaaaay beyond, it's a full-on see-and-be-seen nightclub scenario packed with [often] rif-raf running all over the lobbies...inebriated. The Ritz properties appear to sanction - and even encourage - the behavior because the alcohol sales are through the roof. But as we all know, you can't have it both ways. You're either an exclusive Ritz-Carlton property or you're a nightclub. You have to choose. But it's obvious Ritz has opted for both, hence the three stars. I will tell you that everything else about this property is wonderful: the food, the service the decor -- all of it is first class. In fact, Ritz Dallas has one of the nicest lobby bars of any property in the country. In the end, if you want peace and quiet, stay at the Mansion on Turtle Creek. Otherwise, the Ritz offers intense nightlife for those who prefer not to leave the property. Eventually the entire city of Dallas ends up there, anyway.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor away from the bars.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was here last week, thanks to Nora who gave us a great room. The service was definitely superb, everyone from the valet, front desk, concierge, laundry, were extremely helpful at all times. I loved the complimentary guacamole at 6pm and the Bentley rides were very convenient, so I could to hop off and not have to park my car. The grounds were extremely well kept from the lobby, restaurant, pool, to the gym. Michelle at the gym gave me a great arms & abs class! I certainly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We're Dallas residents and were looking for a nice, relaxing night away for my wife's birthday. The Ritz is very nice, and the staff could not be friendlier or more accommodating. A lone exception would be that I requested a rose petal turn-down online and did not receive it. The spa is absolutely fantastic and was a real treat for us. The club-level lounge was also very nice with the food, beverage, and entertainment options...until we went in the second time and thought it was romper room with kids running around and screaming. Some of the clientele also looked like we had stumbled into "free room at the Ritz" weekend with their trashy attire. Also, the pool is an absolute joke with its tiny size, and it was packed. Fearing's restaurant is second to none in a city full of great restaurants - can't recommend it highly enough. All in all, we had a wonderful (if expensive) time, with the exception of a few items (pool, clientele) that had us shaking our heads in amazement.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas truly exceeded my every expectation from the concierge staff in the club lounge to the outstanding services I received in the spa and the multiple warm welcomes I received from the valet and front desk/lobby attendants.
I came to the hotel for a special event, and worked with the Club Concierge Samantha to plan my itinerary and preparation for the event. Samantha setup my spa treatments as well as a personal shopping experience at the Neiman's Dallas. She was such a wonderful help before during and after my stay,
Amanda in the spa is absolutely incredible with long hair and did an absolutely remarkable job styling my hair. If you are looking for a fantastic special occasion stylist -- I could not recommend someone more, I felt amazing leaving the spa and my hair lasted through the entire night.
The gym at the hotel is fantastic as well -- great bonus to the property!
Thank you Ritz-Carlton Dallas for making my very special weekend a life long memory. I look forward to returning to the hotel and spa to prepare for many more special events in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas? Share your experiences!