“Creative Culinary Experience - Refined Setting” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bijoux is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #486 of 3,105 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Inwood
Dallas, Texas
“Creative Culinary Experience - Refined Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Bijoux is upscale and refined...but not intimidating. Servers are friendly, on their toes and are helpful with their recommendations with food and wine choices.

We enjoyed silky-textured cream of corn soup and beef cheeks...I never had before and was like the most tender pot- roast you have ever experienced. We spent three hours being wined and dined and enjoyed the whole elan!

Visited April 2012

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Now with 1/2 portions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

There is a distinct difference between Bijoux and its sister restaurant The Chef's Room. I am reviewing the smaller Bijoux only. Here the menu is sublime and a diner may order whole or half orders of the entrees and many of the starters. If you prefer a tasting or pix fixe menu - move on to the Chef's Room.

I began my meal with the warm asparagus salad, perfectly tender asparagus dressed with a poached egg, mushrooms and a light bearnaise - Sublime!! Others at the table sampled the Carrot Soup, Beet Salad and Oysters. All were very happy with their choices. For an entree I had a 1/2 order of paperdalli with lamb ragu, mushrooms and fava beans. This is a deep rich pasta dish that can definitely pass for comfort food. The mushroom risotto, veal cheeks and lemon sole all drew sighs and yummy noises as the conversation halted. The cheeses are served with very surprising and tasty garniture. The humbolt fog is a creamy dream of a cheese.

The wine list is excellent and the servers extremely helpful and knowledgeable. For a very special night out Bijoux is now #1 on my list.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Save your money, folks. No "wows" here.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

First, let me start by saying how much I was looking forward to going to Bijoux for dinner. I'm sorry, but it was a huge let down. To start, when we got seated, I had to ask for a different chair because the one I had was so sunken in it was very uncomfortable. The second chair was just about the same. Uncomfortable.

We sat in the dining room right off of the main room, and several times the headlights from cars parking outside were shining through the window into the faces of two of people in my party to the point where they were squinting and actually thought about going outside and telling the driver to turn of his lights. The window at Bijoux should have some sort of treatment on it to prevent that from happening.

Now on to the food. This is going to be a short paragraph, because there is not much to say. The chef's tasting was bland and very different from the menu posted online (not nearly as interesting or appetizing). On a 1-10 scale, I would give Bijoux a 2 ONLY because the wine was good. Not one dish out of 9 made us say "wow." That's bad, especially when you are paying $105.00 for the tasting.

Le Bernardin (New York) and Pujol (Mexico City) make Bijoux look like amateur hour. You remember every dish you had, unlike Bijoux. I can barely recall what we had because every dish was forgettable.

If you want really good food in Dallas, go to Nonna or Urbano Café and forget about Bijoux. Just cross it off your list.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Great Food, Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

My wife and I each had the five course prix fixe menu. Every course was delicious, perfectly prepared and elegantly presented. The service was very good, though perhaps a tad inattentive at times. We were, however, given an excellent champagne recommendation. The only suggestion I would make would be window coverings over the windows looking out into the parking lot. The restaurant has a great ambiance but a quick glance outside quickly sweeps you back from France and into the corner unit of a strip mall. Otherwise, the ambiance inside is fantastic. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meal and experience, and hope to return soon.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springdale, Arkansas
“Great food, impecable service and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We really enjoyed our dinner at Bijoux and look forward to another visit.

Visited December 2011