“A Nice Hotel for Business Travelers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center

You added Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2015 Market Center Blvd, Dallas, TX 75207 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 20%
Ranked #68 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Nice Hotel for Business Travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Having been to Dallas many times for both business and pleasure, I needed to find the ideal hotel for a conference near the convention center.

First of all, the location of this hotel is absolutely perfect! It is a mere 10 minutes to the Convention Center; 5 minutes to the Uptown/Oakcliff area (filled with amazing restaurants and cafes); 20 minutes from DFW airport and 5 minutes from Dallas Love Field.

The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. My one complaint was the failure of the housekeeping supervisor to check each room, and as I removed my "Do Not Disturb" sign at 11am, my room was not serviced at all ( I returned to my room at midnight). This may have been a one-off, but it was still frustrating considering the cost of the room.

The staff is quite friendly, polite, informative and helpful...My great thanks to Rob at the front desk for taking such good care of me when checking in early!! He is a true asset to the property!!

Three bonuses to this hotel: 1) The warm tasty Doubletree signature chocolate/almond cookies at check-in; 2) Complimentary Parking (although it can fill up on weekends)...many hotels in the area charge $25/night...and 3) Complimentary Wireless Internet in the room.

For a spectacular view of the Downtown skyline, ask for rooms on the higher floors facing the South.

I have already booked this hotel for another business trip in the next couple of months. I highly recommend this property for business travelers (as well as leisure travelers who wish to stay close to the downtown/uptown/oak cliff areas)

Room Tip: High floor facing South..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Adam C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. It sounds as though you were really able to get out and experience the city center of Dallas. We also find our location to be a great advantage when transporting to the downtown and uptown areas in our courtesy shuttle. From our location we can avoid the major highways accessing these areas which helps greatly with the travel times.

We are very thankful that we were able to provide the customer service you come to expect from Hilton hotels, and will continue to serve you as best as possible on your future visits. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the Housekeeping Manager, as well as to Rob our Front Desk agent. I know he will be pleased for the recognition from you our guest, and I will make sure that he knows how much we appreciate his service here at the property.

Thank you again, we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was at this hotel for a recent conference. So, I actually only left the hotel when we were taken to an offsite restaurant by the conference hosts. Otherwise my entire stay consisted of being in the hotel.

This isn't the best neighborhood if you're here to experience the immediate surroundings. There's a Denny's across the street and Medeivel Times is in view, but, you can't really walk anywhere.

The front desk staff was average. When I inquired about recommendations for local mexican cuisine I was given a "chain" as the recommendation. I was also told they have a complimentary shuttle, but, it was booked - then why even mention it? Also, the shuttle will not take you to Love Field. Bottom line, if you wanna go offsite you'll have to cab it.

The room was actually one of the nicer ones I've ever experienced at a Doubletree. It was obvious they had been recently renovated. The easy chair was a welcome surprise, as were the ample electrical outlets in the lamps.

But, the hotel staff committed a mortal sin for any business traveler when they failed to provide me with the wake up call I requested. Thank goodness I opted to "sleep in" and woke up well before the time I had requested. And no, I wasn't in the shower when the call came, because other hotels I've been to have sent someone to knock on the door when wake up calls go unanswered. In short, there is no excuse for this - none.

Despite the fact that check out was seemless, the hotel has a restaurant and a bar there's very little chance I will stay here again if I'm given a choice.

By the way, if anyone is reading this, Herrera's is a Dallas institution for Mexican food and is less than a mile from here. But not one employee at the hotel knew about it. Also, during checkout, I witnessed a very upset customer complaining the room they reserved was not being made available to them. Hmmm, there's some problems here folks.

It's a shame because had they had their act together a little more, I would recommend this hotel. What a dissapointment.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here on business, check in on the shuttle availability as soon as you can. Choo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Adam C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay.

I do sincerely apologize about the missed wake up call, we were recently in the process of updating our system hardware at the Front Desk and although the phones were not supposed to be affected, we discovered too late that some of our pre set wake up calls had been erased.
I do not offer this as an excuse, just as an apology and a promise that we have resolved the issue and that we will not let it happen again.

Please let me know directly if you will be returning to the area, as I would be happy to recommend some great, local Dallas establishments for dining as well as a couple extra amenities for your room for the inconvenience of your previous stay.

We hope to you have as our guest again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times, and just let me say something's have improved, others have not. Yes location is poor for leisure stays. I however am a veteran traveler and Dallas has many resources available outside the hotel to accommodate any traveler in an inexpensive, secure, timely manner that people just don't know about. Would help to have that information available, in an easily viewed and accessable area. Adding one or two vending machines of snacks to go along with the vast amount of soda machines would help this property with improvement as well. At the risk of sounding racist I must say that this property could use many, many, more fluent, english speaking employees. Was impossible to order room service, inhave had better luck with apple tech support. I had tried the resteraunt but it was cold and uninviting, with impatient, borderline rude, Spanish speaking employees. I tried the lounge out a couple of times, and although, I did find an English speaking employee to take my order, it was very uncomfortable due to a male bartender who appeared to be drunk, and an older female bartender who was frazzled, unfriendly, and seemed worn out. My last two stays I noticed a younger fresher face behind the bar. Both nights of both stays I went there to find a very pleasant, highly attentive, highly engageful, intelligent (she assisted a french speaking guest with several things) young woman. She was a shining star example of the customer service that is expected from Doubletree. She went above and beyond to keep, not just me, but every patron in the lounge happy and hydrated! Made my stay 100% better than before. The drinks were much tastier and food came out correctly, in a very timely, friendly manner. Was very pleased when I left a stress free dining experience. Nice improvement.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
First of all, thank you for being a regular guest of our property. We will continue to work hard to make each stay better than the last, and I will be sure to share your comments with the General Manager as well as the Food and Beverage Manager.

Thank you as well for the kind comments about our fairly new member to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas Market Center team, Jessi. I have also printed a copy of your comments for her, and we will be sure to give her the recognition she deserves. I know she will appreciate your comments as well.

We look forward to seeing you again soon, and please do not hesitate to continue to let us know what we can do to make your future stays even more enjoyable.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night on a business trip and was surprised at the quality of the hotel for the cost. I've stayed at Doubletrees in the past that were much nicer and cost the same (or less). Granted the hotel is in the Market Center area, but I was not impressed with the facilities - the elevators, lobby, hallways, rooms, and exterior seemed to be a big worn, tired, and dated. It was still suitable, but felt more like a Holiday Inn or a Ramada - not a Doubletree by Hilton.

There aren't any nearby restaurants or shops, you have to get a cab to go anywhere except for the Denny's across the street.

While it's a quiet area and I had a good night's sleep, I wouldn't choose this hotel again and opt for something in a better/more central location that is more updated for the price I pay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Adam C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback from our guests, and are consistently looking for ways to make our property more optimal and comfortable.

If you are able to return, we incourage you to take advantage of our courtesy shuttle that provides complimentary transportation to many great restaurants in both the downtown and uptown areas. We appreciate you being our guest and do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Morris Plains, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Hotel is just OK. I got pretty much everything I need for staying purpose. The room is not big. The thing that I didn't like is the location of this hotel. I went out at night and drove around to find some food. I didn't feel very safe in the surrounding area. Staying in hotel is just find. However, do not expect to find too much activity in nearby area.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nothing extra ordinary about this hotel. Room and common areas are dated. Hallway on my floor (10th) had a musty smell. I had reserved a room with a king bed weeks in advance but when I checked in all they had left were double bed rooms, no big deal since i was traveling alone.

Room Tip: get a room on an upper floor for some nice views of the city
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stopped over in this hotel on a business trip. Service was very good (checkin, room, bar, breakfast). Decor was very tired & due a revamp. The bathroom in my suite had seen better days. My overall impression was that the staff tried really hard but were hampered by an out-of-date facility.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center? Share your experiences!