“My go-to spot in Dallas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center

You added Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2015 Market Center Blvd, Dallas, TX 75207 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #58 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas
“My go-to spot in Dallas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Always a good value and a nice property to boot. It is in the market center area, parts of which can be a little sketchy, but this seemed safe. Also it's got very easy access to downtown/uptown. Free self parking and it is right out front. Ask for a corner room with a balcony.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Adam C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel, and thank you for being a valued guest. We appreciate you staying with us and we are very pleased that our staff is able to consistantly give you a valuable stay.

We look forward to your return. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Speedy check in, warm chocolate chip cookies and Wolfgang Puck coffee in room. Comfortable beds and clean modern bathrooms. Satisfying breakfast buffet and friendly, courteous staff. An absolute pleasure to stay here

• Stayed October 2012
Cleveland E, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Good Morning Ms. Sarah Jacks, thank you for taking the time to let us and others know how we are doing here at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, as we continue to improve our level of service.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The first thing I noticed when I arrived was that this hotel is run down, old and in a shady neighborhood. I was visiting for business for 1 night and needed a good night of sleep before an early am meeting. That night I came back to the hotel after dinner to find about 10-15 adults sitting on the floor of the hallway outside my room. One was even leaning against the door of my room. They were all talking and seemed to be having a good time. I looked puzzled and one of them mentioned they were there to make sure "none of their kids sneak out". That night I got ZERO sleep because these adults were laughing, talking loudly in the hallway all night long. I asked the front desk for help and they sent up a security guard. I then heard the security guard say "Hey guys sorry to bother you, someone called so can you maybe keep it down just a little bit?" I called back down to the front desk and told them that "someone" was a guest in your hotel. The front desk asked if I would come outside my room to talk to the security guard. So much for them respecting a guest wishes to remain anonymous. They were not helpful - the next morning I left my room and when I opened the door I almost hit a woman in a sleeping bag outside my room. I travel every week and stay in countless hotels, but I have never come across something like this. Don't ever stay here - the warm cookie isn't worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland E, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Good evening Mr. Weldon79, I am so sorry that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us, in their attempt to keep the kids safe and orderly the chaperons caused you some distress.

Please accept our apology, and know that this is not the norm for The Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, I hope that you can give us a chance to win back your trust in Doubletree as a brand and our property in particular.

Call me to discuss how we can enhance your next visit.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve our service.
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I spent two nights at the Double Tree Market Center. I had to attend a conference at the Hilton Anatole, and that hotel was sold out, so I turned to the other convention hotel offering, the Doubletree. I had a room rate of $149/night. The Doubletree is an easy walk to the Hilton Anatole.

The cab fare from Love Field was about $20, which is reasonable. The Doubletree does not offer an airport shuttle. When I arrived at the hotel, I was immediately greeted. I also arrived at 10 a.m., which is much earlier than the usual check-in, but a room was available. I was even given a warm chocolate chip cookie.

My room had two double beds, a desk, a sitting chair, and a dresser unit with a microwave and refrigerator. The room was clean and comfortable, and I never heard any noise from other hotel guests. The hotel provides free Wi-fi, which worked fine for email and some light online work.

The hotel lobby has a bar, and there is a restaurant in the lobby as well, which also offers room service. I didn't eat or drink at either, but it was nice having an in-building option if I needed it.

For other dining options, there's a Dennys and a place called Buck's Prime across the street. There are also restaurants in the other nearby hotels, which includes the Hilton Anatole, Sheraton, Courtyard and Fairfield Inn. A Days Inn and Best Western are also nearby.

The hotel has a business center with two computers and a printer. I also saw a fitness room. I could see the outdoor pool form my room. If you want a pool view get a room ending in 08 or 10, which directly overlook the pool. The even-numbered rooms face west, so if you don't want the morning sun shining in, get an even-numbered room. Also, the rooms ending in 14 and 16 are directly in front of the elevator.

The hotel is about two miles from the Dallas landmark Reunion Tower, which can be seen down Market Center Street.

I enjoyed my stay at the Doubletree. I give the hotel an overall score of 4 because I reserve a full 5 for truly outstanding experiences. I would stay here again. (CS)

Room Tip: If you want a pool view get a room ending in 08 or 10, which directly overlook the pool. The even-nu...
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed a night at this location for a conference nearby. Since i'm a Diamond member, so they allow me to check in early which was really appreciated. Was given cookies when i checked in and that's a nice touch. The room was nice, clean and kinda reminds me of Hilton Garden inn which geared toward business people. There is a fridge and microwave in the room. The bathroom was small. They do have exercise room and it looked spacious although i didn't get a chance to use the facility. Got a free breakfast coupon and food was good and really similar to HGI.
There's a Dennis across the street and that's about it that i remembered. Overall the hotel is nice and great for business people, but I don't think i would stay at this location again unless if i have an event to go around downtown or Market center area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Adam C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you so much for being our guest, and for being a loyal Hilton Honors member. We strive to provide a clean comfortable environment that you can enjoy in your time away from home, and we are very happy that we could provide this for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel to the Dallas area.
lufkin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I made my reservations on hotel.com and got a great rate. The staff was friendly. The rooms were clean refrigerators are also the rooms which was nice.The bathrooms were very small as well as the ice buckets(lol) I drink Bombay and cold coronas so buy 4oz beer to fit in the box lol.....

But at the end of the day the Surprise Party was a Blast!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Always check out the hotel ratings
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your review of our hotel. We are very pleased that we could provide you with a great stay and that you thought of us when choosing a destination for your special occasion.

We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again and have a great day.
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel will not be for everyone. If you are looking for a hotel in downtown Dallas, or one in a nice neighborhood with walking paths and scenic views, or a newer facility with nice pools and amenities - don't stay here.

On the other hand, if you are attending events in the Market Center area (and don't want to pay the price of a room at the swanky Hilton Anatole), or looking for a good hotel rate near downtown, or looking mostly for a quiet room and friendly service, this Doubletree will fit the bill. Yes, it's an older property but they've updated the common areas since my last visit a few years ago. The breakfast room was attractive and comfortable and the food was surprisingly good with cook to order meals plus a plentiful buffet area. My hotel room and bathroom were on the smaller side but adequate and, importantly, the king bed was very comfortable (a key feature of Doubletrees and much more important to me than a chocolate chip cookie).

On my first night at the hotel (of a 2 night stay) the power went out at 9 pm. Turned out that it was a black out covering half of the Market Center area that lasted a couple of hours. A bit frustrating but not the hotel's fault. All in all, would I stay here again? Sure. Not a destination hotel, but a good choice when the room rate is attractive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher floors. They tend to be quieter. Not sure if there are larger...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Adam C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you for being our guest, and for your review of our hotel. We certainly have been working hard to improve our property since your last visit, and we are very excited that you appreciate our efforts to make your stay more enjoyable.

I do apologize for the inconvenience of the power outage during your stay, it was a shock for us as well, but we thank you for your patience while the issue was taken care of. We were later told that it was an underground power failure that effected the entire neighborhood in different outlets.

Again, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center? Share your experiences!