“This will be my go to steak house from now on” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pappas Bros. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 3,099 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I35 and Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas
“This will be my go to steak house from now on”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Last night was my first time going there, they explain their meats and menu fully to give you a good understanding of how great the quality is. I have to say my Three Peppercorn steak was amazing as well as the sides (Family size - Mashed potatoes, onion rings and asparagus). If you don't like pepper much, have a filet, my boyfriend had that and it was delicious as well! The dessert was to DIE FOR!!!! I do not like layered cake because it usually is too sweet but this cake was their dark chocolate cake and it was perfect. Not sweet on any later, it was literally PERFECTION and I am not exagerating. I was very impressed with their service. Our waiter was Bo, and he was so attentive and very patient, he knew his stuff that's for sure. This was truly my best dining experience in years. No joke. Service and food excelled my expectations (which were already high). Thank you Pappas Bros Steakhouse for doing a phenomenal job!

rhode island
“Too big to be great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting Dallas, thought I'd have a great steak and chose this place based on the rave reviews i found on tripadvisor, was really disappointed.
My boiled down review is that this place has been around a while, was once great, but now has gotten so big that a truly great meal, worthy of the prices they charge, is tough to get.

I ordered a shrimp remoulade appetizer, and a special that was supposed to be a New York strip with horseradish sauce, and a house salad.
The shrimp was soft and a little bit slimey, (aka: not fresh) the sauce was good, and there were about 7-8 of them, but still, not really worthy of the price(16$)
I asked the waitress what the medium steak would look like, and she told me pink, with red in the center. I told her I liked pink, not red, and she told me to get it medium-well. So... This $54 steak, that was a la carte, came to me grey through and through, and soaked in butter or oil, and coated with a thick slather of breadcrumbs, there was a very faint taste of horseradish to the oily crumbs. I had to scrape all of this off to try to stomach the steak, but still couldn't, it was truly repulsive. On the plate were some very unappetizing, cold and dry "frites".
So... The best thing I had was the salad, however, it came with two huge strips of bacon on top! Ok, so I am no Texan, but... Really? Bacon strips on a "house salad"? After removing them' the st of the salad was good. However' since it was the only veggie that I would have all night, I wanted to save some of it to eat along with my steak, when it came out.
Here's where the creepy bus-staff comes in. There were 4-5 of them that constantly hovered around, walking by every table every couple of minutes. And they clearly don't communicate with each other, as 6 different people tried to pick up my half finished salad, and each time I had to stop them.

Worse though, is that my own waitress did not deliver most of the items that I ordered. I made no comment on the shrimp or salad, but was honest with her when she did stop back by..that the steak was not impressing me. Next thing I knew, she comes by and tells me that she is not going to charge me for the meal. I was flabbergasted! Ok, I guess this sounds nice to some people, but I really felt humiliated. I just gave her an honest answer, and she announces to the room that she wasn't going to charge me. I told her that I wanted to pay for my entire meal, and asked for the check. So then not one, but two different guys that look like management come to my table....I was honest with them too, but they acted totally incredulous. Their attitude was not empathic or conciliatory, rather, dismissive and mechanical.

The whole thing was so embarrassing.
I realized as all of this went down, that not one employee in that place was smiling. They all appeared under some sort of duress, almost like people who had been beaten or something, especially all of the bus-people.

So... I think it is way overpriced and pretentious, without real substance and friendliness to warrant these traits.

I would never go back or recommend this place. There must be more pleasant, smaller and friendlier places to get a good steak in Dallas.
( and I bet they don't charge as much either)

Visited November 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“First Class All the Way!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at many fine steak houses around the U.S. but Pappas Brothers has to be the finest one that we have ever had the pleasure of dining at. From the moment that you enter the restaurant, you know that you have entered a special place. The service is impeccable and from start to finish I could not have asked for any better service. The food was outstanding. We started with the Lobster Deviled Eggs, of which I have never before encountered, wow! Then the Lobster Bisque was wonderful and with the most lobster that I have ever encountered in a bisque. I then had the 12 ounce Filet, I am a Filet guy, so this was the true test and broiled to perfection. I also had the 10 ounce Rock Lobster Tail which was juicy and tender. I finished off with their Key Lime Pie, a delicious rendition. Outstanding and if you are in the area and looking for a one-of-a-kind steakhouse experience, then look no further. Of course, you a going to pay for this incredible meal and service but well worth it. Also, I would highly recommend reservations. Enjoy, we did!!

Jefferson Hills, Pa.
“Still one of my favorite restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Previously, I had gone to Pappas for business dinners a number of times but it had been over 5 years from my last visit. Went there last week for a business dinner and it was great. Food was outstanding and service excellent. Always a great experience.

Sheridan, Wyoming
“more then just a great steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had the Sea bass topped with lobster, Wonderful ! Oysters were a great way start too our meal. Beefsteak tomato salad was good. Overall a great dining experience, hope too return.

• 4 of 5 stars Food