“Great Steaks!” 5 of 5 stars

(214) 366-2000
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pappas Bros. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 3,043 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I35 and Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas
“Great Steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We absolutely LOVE their lobster bisque. Very tasty with a decent amount of lobster chunks. This is my husband's favorite steakhouse in Dallas. The filets were so tender and flavorful that they practically melted in our mouths. Cooked to perfection: rare +. It is always a treat to dine here! We went during Restaurant Week, so there was quite a bit of food left for us to take home. We opted for the four (4) course meal with the lobster bisque, house salad, filets, and dessert (cheesecake and peanut butter cake). Everything was fantastic, and we left feeling satisfied.

The wait staff was also top notch. Our drinks were consistently filled, the plates cleared quickly, and our meals arrived timely. Our waiter was very attentive, knowledgeable, and even witty at times. We had a very pleasant experience. Although the restaurant was extremely busy (being a Friday night and during Restaurant Week), they did not miss a beat with their service. Well done!

Plano, Texas
“File bone-in medium rare was great, lobster bisque not heavy and nice, strawberry-basil martini very elegant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Indeed old school restaurant , expensive - file bone-in was $58, but very enjoyable . Cost us $200 before tips for two of us for great dinner, bottle of Malbec cantina and strawberry basil martini. Desert - chocolate peanut butter cake ,recommended by the waitress was ok, but not something I would recommend . Lobster bisque I would recommend , it is a bit spicy, but nice and not heavy.

Visited August 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Disappointing experience after numerous times dining at this restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We typically go to pappa's steakhouse every few months for special occasions or just a date night. This was the first time we were extremely disappointed with the experience. The service was so slow tonight. Also, we've always found all the waiters very interesting and attentive and even enjoy chatting with Barb (sommelier), but our waitress tonight was a total dud. Also, they've always made me feel special on my birthday and provide a free dessert, and that also didn't happen tonight. Based on recent outstanding experiences at other steakhouses in the area (specifically nick and sams and del friscos), I doubt we will be heading back to Pappas steakhouse any time soon, which is really unfortunate.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Provo, Utah
“Beautifully Done Old School Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Yes, I know the trend is toward lighter, healthier fare. But, if you’re in the mood for true old school dining, this place has it in spades. I started with the Lobster Bisque. Definitely one of the best prepared soups I’ve ever had. Who’d thought in the middle of Texas I would enjoy a remarkable Lobster Bisque!?

Service was outstanding. I had a waiter who has been there for 15 years named Jason. A pro. Friendly, not stuffy. Not hesitant to make recommendations. Understands the art of fine service. The meal was very nice, start to finish. Warm bread is great–has that nice crusty crust with soft center. Based on Jason’s recommendation I tried the spinach side with my entree. It was delicious with just a hint of Pernod.

The restaurant is very large. I was a bit skeptical when I first walked in because of the size of the restaurant. Wondered if they could pull things off well. But I was impressed.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Ask for Henry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Wow, we went here our first night in Dallas for dinner on a Friday night. Food was amazing, service was excellent, and we had a fantastic night. By far the best restaurant experience we have had in several years. Henry our waiter was knowledgable, funny, warm, and welcoming. Veal chop was awesome and the fillet was best we've ever tasted. Tasty creme brûlée for dessert and we almost needed to be carted home in wheelbarrows.
Spectacular, we will return at first opportunity.