“File bone-in medium rare was great, lobster bisque not heavy and nice, strawberry-basil martini very elegant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pappas Bros. Steakhouse

Pappas Bros. Steakhouse
10477 Lombardy Ln, Dallas, TX 75220-4349
(214) 366-2000
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,993 restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I35 and Northwest Hwy
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Indeed old school restaurant , expensive - file bone-in was $58, but very enjoyable . Cost us $200 before tips for two of us for great dinner, bottle of Malbec cantina and strawberry basil martini. Desert - chocolate peanut butter cake ,recommended by the waitress was ok, but not something I would recommend . Lobster bisque I would recommend , it is a bit spicy, but nice and not heavy.

Visited August 2013

91% Recommend
Dallas, Texas
“Disappointing experience after numerous times dining at this restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We typically go to pappa's steakhouse every few months for special occasions or just a date night. This was the first time we were extremely disappointed with the experience. The service was so slow tonight. Also, we've always found all the waiters very interesting and attentive and even enjoy chatting with Barb (sommelier), but our waitress tonight was a total dud. Also, they've always made me feel special on my birthday and provide a free dessert, and that also didn't happen tonight. Based on recent outstanding experiences at other steakhouses in the area (specifically nick and sams and del friscos), I doubt we will be heading back to Pappas steakhouse any time soon, which is really unfortunate.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Beautifully Done Old School Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Yes, I know the trend is toward lighter, healthier fare. But, if you’re in the mood for true old school dining, this place has it in spades. I started with the Lobster Bisque. Definitely one of the best prepared soups I’ve ever had. Who’d thought in the middle of Texas I would enjoy a remarkable Lobster Bisque!?

Service was outstanding. I had a waiter who has been there for 15 years named Jason. A pro. Friendly, not stuffy. Not hesitant to make recommendations. Understands the art of fine service. The meal was very nice, start to finish. Warm bread is great–has that nice crusty crust with soft center. Based on Jason’s recommendation I tried the spinach side with my entree. It was delicious with just a hint of Pernod.

The restaurant is very large. I was a bit skeptical when I first walked in because of the size of the restaurant. Wondered if they could pull things off well. But I was impressed.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Ask for Henry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Wow, we went here our first night in Dallas for dinner on a Friday night. Food was amazing, service was excellent, and we had a fantastic night. By far the best restaurant experience we have had in several years. Henry our waiter was knowledgable, funny, warm, and welcoming. Veal chop was awesome and the fillet was best we've ever tasted. Tasty creme brûlée for dessert and we almost needed to be carted home in wheelbarrows.
Spectacular, we will return at first opportunity.

Dallas, Texas
“Great Steak Option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Pappa's is one of several top-notch steak places in Dallas. We go here annually with a group of friends during Restaurant Week, and I've been on one other occasion as well. I wanted to give this place 5 stars, but as I thought about the review I'd write, I couldn't come up with anything that really set it apart from other steak houses. I travel frequently for business, and the wonder of the corporate card has allowed me to visit several top steak places in cities across the country. My overwhelming opinion is that 1) they are all mostly the same, and 2) they are all mostly over priced. From a VALUE perspective, I think on an average night I prefer to buy a nice piece of meat and grill it myself. A chef probably does a better job, but when the $100/person tab arrives, I have to question whether it was worth it. There is something to be said for the service, ambiance, etc of a nice steakhouse vs my dining room, of course, which makes the occasional visit a treat.

Pappas can easily be lumped in with the competition. The food is great, the service is above reproach, and the ambiance is everything it should be. Check, check, check. I also like the feeling that it is unique - you can get Ruth's Chris or Capitol Grill anywhere, but Pappas is one of a kind. Of course, there are about 5 other places in Dallas that have that same pedigree.

As I said we do go here once a year, and if you can get a table during Restaurant Week it is a great value. But I feel like we could go to 2-3 other places as our "tradition" and it would be just as good.

• Visited May 2013