“One of my favorites” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pappas Bros. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 3,099 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I35 and Northwest Hwy
New York City
“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had dinner night before last in Pappas' Steakhouse in Dallas. Becoming my go to steak place in Dallas. Good service, great steak and a great vibe. If you haven't been, go.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Tried it twice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Friends persuaded us to dine at Pappas Bros. We arrived for an early dinner, the place was mostly empty and we waited 30 minutes for a table. The service was as bad as the food. One steak was sent back because it was overcooked. The wine was exhorbitant and poor. Our friends wrote letters and Pappas gave them coupons off of a future meal. We were persuaded to go again and our friends told Pappas of our prior poor experience. The service was improved but not spectacular. This time we asked what was their signature steak, ordered it and it came with grizzle. The wine was still poor but very expensive. With the food mostly paid for, the bill was till in three figures per couple. None of the six of us plan to ever go back.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
noble ok
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

From the lobster bisque to the filet and on into the chocolate bread pudding, everything was delicious!! The restaurant is very consistent.

Visited October 2012
Greenville, SC
“The definition of a steakhouse!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Pappas met my expectations with excellent food, good (but pricey) wine and consitent service. The steaks were cooked perfectly as described by our waiter who was quite knowledgable even though he was one month into his job. Ordered three sides for the table. All good but could have gotten by with just two for a table of four. The wine list was extensive and impressive. Was able to find a good red for under $100. Atmosphere was elegant but not stuffy or loud.

Puget Sound
“Pricy but great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

It started with “May I check your hats?” My son laughed, “I’ve never been any place where they wanted to check my hat!” We had a few beers and wine, split an appetizer of bacon wrapped scallops, and then I had a New York and he had a Rib eye plus we split a large lobster. I’ve never had better steak and lobster anywhere. I told them this was part of a belated Cowboy’s game birthday weekend for my son who’s birthday was several months earlier. None the less they went ahead and gave him a free dessert. He chose the cheese cake. It was HUGE! We split it and was barely able to finish it we were so full. There wasn’t a weak link in the whole evening. Great wait staff, everything we had was wonderful and good size portions. The check was also very large but worth it! The free valet parking was a nice touch.

• Visited September 2012