“Very accommodating innkeeper & lovely inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Daisy Polk Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dallas
Daisy Polk Inn
You added Daisy Polk Inn to your Saves list
2917 Reagan Street, Dallas, TX 75219 (Oak Lawn)   |
Ranked #2 of 23 Dallas B&B and Inns
Sapulpa, Oklahoma
“Very accommodating innkeeper & lovely inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was so impressed by the pre-visit correspondence with the innkeeper. And when it came to light I had booked the wrong day. he was most helpful in switching us to what we needed/ The inn was beautifully decorated for Christmas. We stayed in the Dickason suite which was nice, but very small. We will book a larger room next time. We loved the security of gated parking and as no innkeeper lives there,. the added security of the locking security door. This is a nice neighborhood, but located fairly close to a "party" district. Hopefully, the 2nd floor deck will be refurbished by our next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Denton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was attending a conference in Dallas at 7am Monday morning, and I live in far North Texas. I wasn't excited about getting up early and fighting traffic so early, and possibly being late, so I decided to find a room in Dallas for Sunday night and get a jump on things. Daisy Polk Inn offered the best combination of value and location compared to hotels in the area. It was only 5 minutes from the conference, and at a much safer location than "affordable" hotel chains. Other hotels were available in downtown Dallas, but for double the price at Daisy Polk Inn. For me, it was a no-brainer.

The facilities are clean and nice, the staff and owners are very courteous, and I have no problem recommending this place for others looking for a nice place to stay in Dallas for any reason.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a small property with only a few rooms. I don't stay at many B&B's, but this one will be a regular destination for me. The prices are very reasonable, the staff smart, interesting, knowledgable, and helpful. Historical building that the owners and management take reat pride in. I also love that they have gated parking that they don't charge. After coming back from a business meeting on Friday night, it was awesome knowing that I would not have to search for a place to park.

The continental breakfast is great, as long as you don't seek protein with your breakfast. The coffee has a hint of flavor that the chef takes great pride in. My partner absolutely loved it, but I frankly prefer just coffee flavor in my coffee.

I always travel with ear plugs and an eye mask, so there might have been noise, but I certainly didn't know it. Also, no fitness center, and they do not have arrangements with one, so finding a place to work out might be a challenge.

If you are coming to experience gay Dallas, this is the BEST place to stay. Perfect location, great prices, comfortable environment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I had high hopes as the pics on line are stunning we stayed at Daisy Polk for 2 nights - arrived in pouring rain and was greeted by the inn keeper. He was a little bit all over the place and kept us standing in the front foyer for a while when we just wanted to put our things down. This is when he explained no one actually stayed on site. Our room (Dickason) was very small but fine. There were 2 other guests staying when we were. On the Saturday night we were kept up from the music and bands playing at the bars a couple of blocks away on the main road. We expected that maybe as it was a Sat night. But the same happened again on Sun night. The bed was not very comfortable and a part of me wished we had asked to change rooms.
Breakfast was great and Michael the chef was soo very helpful. He knows a lot about the area and what buses to catch.
Just be aware that there are no staff on site and I do wonder if everyone receives the same room and house keys..

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We really liked the stay in the daisy polk inn.
Everybody was absolutely nice and helpful. The breakfast was small, but really delicious. We got good recommendations where to dine out and also got showed everything in the inn. Our room was small but very comfy. The bathroom could be a little bit bigger, it was hard to open the showerdoor without having the bathroom door open. But that was ok, it is just because the whole house is very small.
We had a very nice stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Three of use stayed at the inn; 2 in the cottage and 1 in the main house. Both the main house and the cottage are much nicer than the pictures show.
The cottage is great for a group, it has 3 bedrooms, a kitchen and a living area to gather in. We really enjoyed our stay and will do so again.

Room Tip: The Julie room is the largest and nicest in the cottage.