“Dallas trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Wichita, Kansas
“Dallas trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room was clean and had a balcony. The breakfast was good also. The value was good but the front desk didn't give us the internet price that I printed out the day before. We only received 1 washcloth with the room. Luckily, I brought another one with me. The water for the shower wouldn't come on easy. I was worried the handle was going to break off to get the water on.

Room Tip: The hotel was clean but hard to get to with the traffic on I635. There aren't any restaurants cl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very convenient location at LBJ (I-635) just West of Coit Road; about a 1/4 mile West of Texas 75 (the Northern extension of I-45). Starbucks and burger joints (In & Out Burger, McDonalds) within an easy walking distance, a half block to the East.

Standard LQ breakfast offering including a couple of cold cereals, toast, bagels, muffins, OJ, Apple juice, coffee & tea, hard boiled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and make your own waffles.

The king sized bed was quite comfortable; but the pillows were lacking. I sure am glad I brought along my MyPillow; slept like a baby but would have had a long night with the pillows provided by the hotel. Nothing new here, most hotel pillows have seen better days. There were six (6) of them, so at least it was not a situation of lacking pillows.

Nice flat screen tv which had a built in night-light; the brand name (unknown brand) had a soft light to it that provided just enough dim light to not bump into anything during the night en route to the bathroom. Nice mini-fridge and ample closet space including hangers.

Overall I would stay here again. Good convenient location to the Dallas Galleria / NE Dallas without any of those prices. Plenty of ample free parking in a well lit parking lot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel. It is very close to I-635 which is good (except we are in year what ... 2,3,4?? of the LBJ/I-635 and makes getting on and off the highway near the hotel next to impossible). The hotel is in the middle of a remodel and it LOOKS better than it did a year ago when I stayed there but honestly whoever is doing the construction really cut some corners they painted over all nails, mirror hangers and things like that on the walls instead of removing first. The new carpet is nice, the new tile is nice but grout is already cracking in our bathroom and you could tell it was fairly new.

Now don't get me wrong the above did not ruin our stay and what should one expect for a $60/night hotel right?? Overall it is clean, not quiet because they do allow pets and dogs barked and cried all night across the hall from us, again not the hotel fault just be ready by downloading a white noise app on your smart phone to drown out the excess noise (we did and it was fine after that).

If you are looking for cheap, simple, clean fairly good access to I-75, Galleria & Northpark Malls these are fine.

If you want luxury, nice thick towels, and a view you should look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces parking lot or you will be looking at a very old, very nasty run down empt...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Now several months into remodeling. My room , king bed, had been remodeled, but wasn't complete. Bathroom door wouldn't close, no toilet paper holder, missing picture in main room. Also when I turned on a/c, it spewed out some black debris. The hotel is in a good location on the north side and at a fair rate. I probably will not stay here again until remodel has been fully completed.

• Stayed March 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

There was allot of construction going on, but the hotel's room was good. It had been renovated and it was very clean. The sheets were soft the towls were great. Good staff. Construction was going on, but you cannot fault them because they are doing upgrades and when complete they will be good!
No complaints and i would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends. Good location also. Breakfast was average. I would rate this as excrellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had travelled by bus from El Paso to Dallas which is a long journey of 10 hours. So the day before we had booked a room at la Quinta inn,7815 LBJ freeway, Dallas. When we called, they said the room is available so we can come straight there.when we reached there, the receptionist was quite rude and said that there is no room available. When we told about our booking and call the day before, he said he couldnot find any .
We found it totally unacceptable and decided that we will never ever prefer la Quinta for our stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Dallas LBJ/Central? Share your experiences!