“Great food, best chicken breast ever” 5 of 5 stars

(972) 392-9663
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kenny's Wood Fired Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 3,105 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prestonwood Boulevard
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great food, best chicken breast ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Chose this place after searching for a steakhouse in the area. Turned out the only steak choice they have is filet mignon. However, the rest blew my mind.

I had the chicken breast - what I typically have at other restaurants and cook for myself. This was hands down the best chicken I have ever had. Yes, really that good. Smothered with mushrooms, artichokes, nuts and probably other things I don't remember now. Great stuff!

Mom's crab cake (recommended by other reviewers) was delicious as well and so was the mozzarella BLT. Grilled asparagus spires were thin and tender. Everyone seems to be singing praises to their mac & cheese but I didn't care much for it (although, I have never been a fan of mac & cheese, thought this one might change my mind - it didn't).

Parents liked the French onion soup except for rubbery cheese cover. The puffy bread they serve as free appetizer was tasty and original. Service was good and friendly. Will definitely come back here next time I am in the area!

Southlake, Texas
“Wow! great sauces, good value. Attentive service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Enjoyed a good dinner here. Whomever is in the kitchen making the sauces is a god or goddess! They were excellent. Wine list isn't extensive but they have a fair bit of range and the usual suspects of pinots, cabs and zins. Dessert was quite tasty. I would suggest appetizers, salads and desserts - as the main courses were a bit of a disappointment. Unfortunately, their seafood choices aren't the most sustainable (imported talapia, ahi Tuna, etc). And, their choices of beef and pork are from large, industrial producers, so if you care about what you put into your body, might want to steer clear of most of their menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“I can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I went today for lunch, but I can't wait to come back and try the dinner menu! We had a reservation and were seated immediately. We started with the warm, eggy pop-over which was flaky on the outside and airy and chewy on the inside. I had the special of the day, a short-rib sandwich, and my husband had the filet. My husband stated without hesitation that is was one of the best steaks he has ever had. I had to try the adult mac 'n cheese, which was outrageously decadent in the best possible way. The lunch crowd is definitely all business, and if I had to impress a client I would take them here. In fact, the next time I have a business lunch and they DONT take me here I'll be disappointed!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“My Favorite Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant. The service is great and food is excellent.

I've had almost every item in their menu and all of them are amazing.
The popovers are always yummy, warm and delicious.
The coconut shrimps are good. I love them even though I do not like shrimp.
I always get the adult mac & cheese as a side dish. It is sinfully good - made with smoked gouda, ham and truffle oil.
The bacon cheddar burger is the best burger I've had. (There are even more delicious burgers at Kenny's Burger Joint in Frisco)
The ribs are juicy and fall off the bone.
The steaks are nice and tender and the sauces are amazing.
Overall, you can't go wrong with the food.

For my birthday, they gave me a $20 gift certificate for my next visit. (They do this in all of their restaurants)
I also love his other restaurants: Kenny's Italian, Kenny's Smoke House and Kenny's Burger Joint. I would rate all of them 5 stars!

I love Kenny so much that we're considering them to cater for our wedding.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ft Worth
“Great lunch place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Enjoyed this fine place today. Food was outstanding,service top notch, and drinks very good. Price is reasonable. Parking at lunch can be a challenge due to the locations.

• Visited October 2013