“Stellar Service & Fabulous Food” 5 of 5 stars

(972) 392-9663
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kenny's Wood Fired Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 3,099 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prestonwood Boulevard
Schenectady, New York
“Stellar Service & Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Kenny's was close to our hotel while in Dallas on a business trip so we made a reservation & trekked over. We got there early b/c we read they have Grey Goose on tap! Ahhhmazing! And it really is there with multiple taps of great gooseness! The bar was packed on a Wed night. We had some drinks & the hostess got us a table about 20min before our reservation.

It is kinda dark in Kenny's. Especially at the tables toward the back of the restaurant. But they have spotlights that hit the table where your plate sits so that's neat! And helpful! The cool thing about Kenny's is that if you want to try different things the servers will work with you to get a variety of apps or sides in combination. So we did a half order of lobster devilled eggs and a half of the ahi tuna nachos since we wanted to try both apps. I loved the tuna nachos! Gotta also mention the popovers which were big bits of bread heaven.

Then for dinner my wife had a special - shrimp & scallops with fried polenta cakes - which she loved! The polenta cakes were a revelation. Freakin' delicious! Then I ate a filet mignon with gorgonzola walnut & bacon and a demi glaze. The steak was top notch. I ate every last bite. For sides I am a sucker for creamed spinach & I wanted to try asparagus so the server gave me a half order of each. They were both tasty. We also tried the adult mac & cheese which folks raved about. But on the night we tried it, it was kinda watery and needed salt.

It was awesome food and awesome service in Dallas!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas, USA
“Excellent meal at Kenny's Wood Fired Grill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Fantastic meal last night at Kenny's. Our server was very helpful and did a super job (thanks Alex!). The food was great, the popovers are incredible. Start with the brie fondue, super fun! Thanks Kenny's.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frisco, Texas
“Where it all started! KENNY ROCKS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Try all of Kenny's spots in Northern Dallas area. He delivers a great experience at all:
Kenny's Wood Fired Grill, Addison, TX
Kenny's Burger Joint, Frisco, TX
Kenny's Italian Kitchen, Addison, TX
Kenny's Smokehouse, Plano, TX
They're all awesome!!

Visited September 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Great smoked pork chop, and unbelievable mac-n-cheese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was in Dallas recently on business, and I just had to get myself a hunk of meat. So naturally, I consulted TA (and the Google too), and found this place near my hotel. The place was packed, but they were able to quickly find me a seat. In a nice touch, they took down my name and then my waiter greeted me by name when handing me a menu. The place is quite dark and noisy - clearly quite popular.

But let's talk about the food. I had the wedge salad as a starter (they did a half order - again, a nice touch). And the the chop - mmmmm. 3 inches thick, with a hint of smoke. And done perfectly, which means pink. I had the potato things - so so. But the mac-n-cheese was unbelievably good. And I'm not a mac-n-cheese person. But this was creamy and gooey and heart stopping. In a good way, I mean.

The service was very solid and very professional.

So why not 5 stars? First, does anyone really take 5 star reviews seriously?? And, it was a little too dark and noisy for my tastes. But I'd come back. With a flashlight for my book.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Not great, just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I always choose a restaurant when traveling as a treat for me. I wish I would have chosen some other establishment. What I had was just average; actually slightly below. The only reason I gave three stars overall was because of my server Devon. He was absolutely great.

• 3 of 5 stars Food