“I'll be back.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
TEXAS
“I'll be back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

First impression when you walk into the lobby, is just wow. Its beautiful. The gentleman checking me in, mentioned that there had been a lot of last minute bookings due to anniversaries and other special occasions and I happened to tell him that I just celebrated my 29th anniversary. We had booked a regular king room. It was nice and very clean. A few minutes later there was a knock at the door and to my surprise a bottle of champagne on ice had been sent up by the front desk!! Who does that?? It was awesome. Later my husband and I went to the bar in the hotel. Very few bartenders know what a French 75 is but this bartender made an excellent French 75. We got there right at closing time but I would have liked to had a few more. I cannot say anything about the location, as we checked in late and left the next morning so I didn't explore the area. SMU campus is pretty much right across the street. I will be back. It was a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
St Andrews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had a very brief but very good one night stop here on a recent business trip.

Rooms were excellent - very well appointed, clean beyond belief, and a fabulously comfortable bed (which was needed!).

Can thoroughly recommend.

Disputanta, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I really enjoyed my 5 days at the Palomar. The staff was top notch, friendly, helpful & full of smiles. The rooms are so comfortable that you really don't want to leave. And best of all were Eloy's dinner recommendations. We followed his advice two nights and found meals that would be a special treat for even the pickiest foodie! I will definitely be back to the Palomar and can't wait to see what gems we discover next time.

Room Tip: Corner Suites have a great view of the SMU campus and Bush library.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Thank you for making our visit wonderful. We have stayed at many Kimpton Hotels and your Service lives up to the standard. We were in for a week looking at colleges and the front desk made all our dinner reservations giving excellent recommendations. WE are foodies and wanted to experience Dallas food, not tourist traps. When returning for breakfast the next morning our waiter remembered exactly how we liked our eggs, coffee and who was in our group. Our rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. After long college tours, we took advantage of the jacuzzi, it was peaceful and the perfect temperature. Great location, so close to the city and near the best restaurant and shopping districts in Dallas.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful service from check in through check out. Great rooms, comfortable beds and very accommodating at all times. Very nice and generous wine reception each evening. It's obvious this hotel aims to please.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

There's not much to say except, "when it's right, it's right." Palomar Dallas is right. Excellent front desk service, seamless check-in, great valet, Clean, clean, modern rooms. Did I mention they were clean! Great job, Palomar. Any time I have a choice, I'll be back. Five stars in my book.

Here's a side-note that applies to every hotel. Checking into the Palomar Sunday night reminded me to get this out in writing: I miss the days when hotel desk hosts looked you in the eye. Today, they tap away furiously on computers and only infrequently look at you and smile. Most often they are grimacing at the computer screen like your reservation is nowhere to be found. The Palomar agents were better than most so thumbs up for that. And thumbs up for an excellent experience. And for clean rooms. You might have picked up on the fact that it's important to me!

All the best in your travels.

Room Tip: Communicate your desires to the desk agent. They were over-the-top accommodating for us.
Lubbock, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here for one night, very short notice. We were traveling with our little dog. A search showed that Palomar has a "pets stay free" policy. This was really the primary reason we booked here.
We were really surprised by how nice the hotel was. Our bellman, Armando was very polite and professional. He even offered we could call the bellman any time and they would walk the dog if we needed them to do it. So two thumbs way up for the pet-friendliness. The design of the hotel is contemporary, nice finishes. Everything is nice and clean. Only slightly strange element for me was the sliding door to the bathroom. I was really pleasantly surprised by the extra length king bed we had. A nice unexpected plus for a tall person. It did make the walk space a little tight at the bottom of the bed, but was very comfortable to sleep. Our room had a little sitting area overseeing the highway. Car noise can be annoying if you are very sensitive to that. In that case I would try to request a room further away from the road.
I would return and even make a little detour to stay here again, it is especially nice to have the option to take your dog.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Highland Dallas? Share your experiences!