“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Bruges, Belgium
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

A very nice, modern, lively hotel with helpful staff. Rooms are very nicely setup with the bath room integrated in the room. My room had a stunning view over Dallas.

Downside was the somewhat high price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have been here for 3 hours and I am entirely unimpressed. The room is exceptionally adequate; comfortable beds, no complaints there. However, we made the mistake of having dinner at cook hall. Apparently since there is an event going on at the convention center (SHOCKING), the restaurant had to pare down its menu (4 options, no cocktails) to accommodate increased crowds (which i'm guessing happens a lot since it's RIGHT NEXT to the convention center). I am gluten intolerant, so I literally had 1 choice as to what to eat and it was fine, not earth shattering, but fine. We then decide to check out the bar area for a cocktail (which we were denied at dinner) before heading to the concert next door. I guess I made the mistake of not wearing my louboutins and flashing my Louis Vuitton because we sat there for half an hour and not a single person who worked there even looked in our general direction. I decided that I did not need a $13 Moscow mule that badly so we left. Some poor soul who worked there finally took notice and chased after us only to tell us he decided to wait on the people next to us first (even though they had just arrived) because they were being more aggressive (and were therefore more important). For $500 a night I was not expecting to be ignored and dismissed. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Jennie A.,

I appreciate your honesty in your review. We can only learn and improve on what we know, so I sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I can honestly say your review has been shared with our team, and have made changes to our restaurant operations thanks to your feedback. We no longer offer limited menus, as we realized the inconvenience for our guests. I apologize you felt unimportant and can assure we continue to go to great measures to ensure each individual guest feels individually important to us.

I would like to invite you back to experience W Dallas and Cook Hall in a new light. Please reach out to me, so we can discuss ways to gain your love and appreciation for our brand and Dallas hotel, gmdarryl.jett@whotels.com.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The customer service at this Dallas W has been above and beyond. I needed to adjust a reservation and Matthew Solimine in accounting was wonderful to work with, he helped a great deal and followed up as promised.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello JoS497,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to tell us how we're doing. I am thrilled to hear your experience was well, during and after your stay. We know the key to loyal customers is amazing service while they're here and when they leave, so they will return again soon!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

All the best,
Basingstoke, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Whilst there are hotels in Dallas with bigger rooms, the standard of accommodation here is very good. The bathroom-in-your-bedroom design of the rooms takes a little bit of getting used to but otherwise the rooms are good, with great views over downtown Dallas. The pool is also nice and e gym has a good selection of machines, although they do not provide headphones to use.
Staff are very friendly and attentive and are more than happy to serve people and go the extra mile.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for a great review. It sounds like your stay was memorable and we look forward to your return.

I see you are a fitness fanatic, so FIT is definitely the perfect fitness center for you. I am sorry headphones weren't available during you stay. It's standard for all guest to be provided complimentary headphones; we will be sure to address this with our team.

Please let us know when you'll be in the Big D again.

Cheers,
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had a great stay! Our room number was 613. Enjoyed the view from the room. Celebrated our one year wedding anniversary here and was very pleased with service. Would like to stay in a more luxurious room on a higher floor next time. No mini fridge in room. $10 rental fee.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Congrats on your one year anniversary, and thanks for sharing it with us at W Dallas. I am happy to hear your big day was memorable and can definitely hook you up with an upgraded room next time your here. Always let us know what we can do for you. It's Whatever/ Whenever/ 24-7 at W Dallas.

Cheers to another great year.

Washington DC area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the W Dallas Victory Hotel for 5 nights on a business trip. If you've stayed at a W before then you can expect the same at this hotel - funky vibe, loud music, hip atmosphere, hip staff. The good stuff: the rooms are clean, and spacious. I ordered room service every single night and the food was good! Free coffee in the mornings in the lounge. There were several staff members who were very helpful, I wish I paid attention to their names. Good gym, nice pool on the roof. Bliss Spa on site!!!

The not so good stuff: if you aren't used to a W Hotel, know that some things seem a bit pretentious (ie names such as the lift, wet, wheels, etc.). I requested a king bed but ended up with double beds. The tub is very high so if you have knee problems it may take some effort getting in and out of the shower. The sink is made to be an open space so keep that in mind if you are traveling with someone other than a spouse/partner/sibling, etc. Not much privacy in the sink area, although you can draw the curtains. The comforter on the bed was awkward, and I've slept in better beds. However, the pillows were amazing. Didn't receive maid service one day until around 5pm. Sheets were stained with blood (not mine), yet still on the bed. I did request for the sheets to be changed and they were. The location of the hotel seems a little isolated in terms of really close restaurants. No shopping that I could see.

I would certainly stay again, and would definitely recommend this hotel. Just keep in mind, if you prefer a more conservative hotel, you may want to consider another brand.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had not been a huge fan of W hotels because they are often a little bit too dark for me. This one is different. The Dallas Victory W is clearly modern and trendy but in a very pleasing way.

My room was beautiful and spacious. The beds are fantastic, as I come to expect from most Starwood hotels.

Service was impeccable. It shows the team try to live to their motto of "whatever, whenever". The valet service was super fast, for example, and there are always W people around ready to help in any way they can.