“Nice hotel, so-so customer service, room needs more outlets!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #33 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel, so-so customer service, room needs more outlets!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed one night here for business, SPG gold got me a decent room with a view of downtown. The room has an open shower stall which is not my favorite since the cool air makes the shower a less than pleasant experience. It was a rain shower. Water was not very hot even turning the knob to the max and water pressure is decent but not great. Main issue with the room is there're hardly any empty plugs at the desk to charge up your stuff. There're plugs by the bed lamps but at the desk you have to reach behind to get to an outlet, not very convenient. Also, there're no outlets by the bathroom and foyer so I have to put the ironing board and iron by the window to get an outlet to use the iron, very inconvenient. One of the ceiling lights is starting to come off also. I checked out early and there was no one there and I just gave the key cards to the staff and they didn't have anyone to officially check me out. Overall, a good hotel, clean but the service can be improved and room can use some maintenance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This kind of a design hotel got a nice bar, spacios rooms, a very good recreation area with outdoor pool on 16th floor and a very nice gym. The bartender are well trained, but the rest of the staff is under par. A simple toast could take 20 minutes in the morning. The express Breakfast would allways be out of Coffee and the front desk could not answer simple question. The beds are the best I ever slept inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

For my 25th Birthday this year i had the priveldge of staying at the gorgeous W Hotel in Dallas. Wow. Talk about a perfect weekend! I was extremely impressed by the beautiful decor in the lobby, and also the room itself. My view of downtown Dallas was a site to see for sure! I'm from Dallas and have seen downtown many times, but this was such a treat to be able to see it from my hotel window at night when it was lit up. i attended a concert at The House of Blues with a couple of friends, so it was perfect that The W Hotel was walking distance. The atmosphere at night in the Bar area is club-like with a DJ, which was really fun and neat. i will definitely be staying there again in the future! The staff also presented me with a few goodies for my birthday. Thanks to Josue Rodriguez, who was a tremendous help in answering any questions I had about my stay, and also reserving my room in advance for a smooth check in. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Each year my husband & I get away for a weekend for his birthday. This year my boss gave us two nights at the W Victory with her Starwood points. It's turned out to be so much better a gift than we expected! We expected the hotel to be pretty nice but the staff has been so much more than that. From the moment we arrived we felt welcomed & taken care of. All of the staff was very personable, warm & gracious. Angelina referred us to an amazing nearby restaurant when we wanted to go out for a special dinner. We'll easily we'll want to visit there again. We had a great time listening to the d.j. both nights in the bar downstairs. There, again, the staff was great & made the experience for us.

Being local, we don't have frequent need for hotel rooms in Dallas, but we sure will recommend the W Victory to anyone coming here; & if we come to the AAC for any event, we'll want to make time to come over for a drink & a visit with everyone. I wish I had caught the names of more of the fantastic staff but I bet the bartender, waitresses & valets join Angelina & Tye as folks we not only know by face, but by name before too long. They all contributed to one of his best birthday weekends yet!

• Stayed March 2013
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the W for a romantic staycation to celebrate our anniversary. It was perfect and just what we needed. The service was phenomenal from valet to front desk to room service. All very prompt and extremely friendly. The Living Room Bar was great for a cocktail and the Cooks restaurant had great ambience and interesting menu. All in all we were thrilled with our stay and will be happy to return!

• Stayed February 2013
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello Bart K.,

Thank you for choosing W Dallas for your romantic getaway. Our goal is to help make memorable experiences during your stay, or "staycation", in your case. We love having our Dallas locals join us for an escape. We look forward to giving you a new memorable experience next time, even if it's just for a few drinks at Living Room Bar or a bite in Cook Hall.

Don't stay away too long.

Warmest regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Location location if you are looking for a good night life as well a sport fan given American Airline center is just opposite the hotel. Rooms are neat and have views around if you are on the higher floors. Easy to get around and have plenty of good restaurants in proximity of $7-10 cab rides !!
Hotel bar is good and selection of cocktails as well good scotches if you are lover of one. Food is also good as I am very vary of hotel resturants and late nite snacks are fresh & well presented.

• Stayed February 2013
Welcome traveler,

Thanks for your recent stay at W Dallas - Victory and thank you for taking the time to drop us a note. I am pleased you enjoyed our location, we're truly right in the middle of it all! Glad you had a great time at Living Room Bar. You know we're always down for a good cocktail.

See you again soon,
Denton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

All of the hotel staff, from the front door, to the front desk, to the restaurants was very courteous and helpful. All of them were eager to make my stay a good one.
The hotel itself is rather stark and cold. I suppose its very stylish but, with a little wear, just starts to look tired and cheap. Maybe they are aiming for a younger client that would find that style appealing. If you enjoy a sharp, somewhat bare decor, you might love this place.

The GhostBar is gone from the top floor . . . they really need something up there. The empty space gives the impression that the bloom is gone from this rose.

Room Tip: Get a room facing downtown Dallas for nice urban view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Traiero,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear the service of our talent was pleasing, but am sorry to hear the W style wasn't what you were looking for in a hotel. The W brand is a bit edgier than most brands, and we understand we can't please all design palates. Thanks for giving us a chance, though.

Please let us know next time your looking to experience Dallas in a new light. We'll be thrilled to entertain!

Darryl Jett, General Manager

Been to W Dallas Victory Hotel? Share your experiences!