“Awesome hotel, great atmosphere & outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #34 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
“Awesome hotel, great atmosphere & outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

My favorite place to stay in Dallas. Right near the American Airlines Arena and other great downtown Dallas venues. Service is fantastic, rooms are the neat swanky style of the W hotels, all is great. One caution, probably not the best location for families with children (when with the family we get two connecting rooms).

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

incredible place, especially on New Year's eve.... great time bringing in the New Year!! Our room had a patio overloking Victory Plaza and a great view of all the Big D NYE festivities. Awesome people, awesome place.... Highly recommend !!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hi Steve B.

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your New Year's Eve celebration at W Dallas. We do admit, we know how to throw a party! We look forward to celebrating with you again next year!

Cheers,
Darryl Jett, General Manager
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed for one night only on a football trip weekend. Rooms were a good size, comfy bed. I think it's over priced, but then W always is in my opinion. The lobby bar on Saturday night was a blast, DJ and dancing.

Room service was a nightmare, but from what I understand, one of the restaurants was under construction, so they were working out of one kitchen. The girl on the phone gave me horrible attitude everytime I called for an update. Well excuse me, if you say 15 minutes and it's been 20, I'm going to call. Ended up taking over an hour! They did comp the bill however, so thanks for that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Welcome Cutecdnchick,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are thrilled you had a chance to experience the W lifestyle at Living Room Bar. Drinks and dancing to a great DJ, who could ask for more?

I do, however, sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you had with room service. During your stay our restaurant was undergoing a renovation, but that's no excuse for your lengthy wait. I am please to hear our staff took care of your inconvenience. I invite you back to experience Cook Hall, our new restaurant addition. I can guarantee timely service and exquisite dishes!

Kindest regards,
Darryl Jett, General Manager
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I had a great time partying with my girlfriends at the W. It was my first stay at this property and the staff was very friendly and welcoming, especially Bridgette Woods! I would have loved to experience the rooftop club that I've heard so much about. The rooms are also spacious and very inviting!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We had a blast at w - hotel. We were in town for a bachelor party, had a great time in the hotel bar. We stayed on the 8th floor, beautiful view. We also went to Bliss, wow.. I also want to Thank Bridgette Woods in risk for escorting my intoxicated friends to the room safely. Lol, drinks in the bar were great!!!

Room Tip: You can't party in rooms at W hotel...FYI
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Rent a car, park across the street and pay ten dollars per day, and enjoy Dallas. The W Hotel is easy to get to (follow directions on the hotel's website) from DFW. The front desk staff is professional and courteous, and security is always present, so I always feel safe. The crowd tends to be young and the lobby can get crowded and noisy at night. The American Airlines Center is right around the corner, which can make traffic practically impossible within a 5 block area during performance evenings. The hotel restaurant serves pretty decent food. But if you are looking for shopping or museums to visit, then you will need to drive. Dallas has plenty of places to shop and eat and the museum district has enough to distract you for several days. The rooms are just like other reviewers have said: shower tends to flood, no dividing curtains between bathroom area and sleeping area, but for rooms that face downtown, the view is great, particularly at night.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was in Texas for the first time ever...a Pittsburgh Steeler fan in Dallas Cowboy territory. I had never stayed at a W hotel before but the online information and reviews painted a great picture so I had high expectations. I went, I saw, I liked, I loved...

Fitness room was a small-scale gym with free weights, multiple cardio machines, some weight machines, and 3 or 4 benches. The only thing I did not see was an exercise ball but no complaints here. The view from the fitness room was so grand it was borderline distracting. One side faced the American Airlines Center and the other provided a view of another direction of Dallas.

Breakfast was quite good although I found it quite pricey. (I have never understood why high-end hotels do not provide free breakfast and rarely provide microwave and fridge; most mid- to lower-tier hotels do provide these things at no cost....why????) The juice was fresh and the menu choices were outstanding on the health and wellness side of the ledger. The menu accomodated vegetarians and vegans and meat-eaters and all in between. Did not do dinner in the hotel restaurant although I probably would have been unimpressed as rarely does high cost mean a world-class meal especially when you can get a comparable meal at a lower cost. The mini-bar prices were excessive...$9 for a large lollipop; $5 or $6 for popcorn; geez! I opted for the free bottled water that was in the room and outside the mini-bar area. The fruit-infused water and hot apple cider in the lobby were quite good.

The room was quite nice. Great view of the city and a comfortable couch in the bay window. The usual flat screen tv and a nice clock radio although you had to have the remote control to make use of all the radio's functions. Sheets and bed were fantastically comfortable. One complaint I had was the seeming difficulty in getting the room's heating/AC unit to blow out warm air. At one point I had the thermostat at 77 degrees and the air blowing out unit was still cold. It took a long time for the room to gain any warmth and even then it was not even as consistent as one would have at home. Not sure what was going on there but I am glad it did not get too cold at nighttime.

Valet parking and many other posh features abound at this hotel but really they don't impress me. I am a very modest traveler and actually prefer the mid-tier and some budget-tier hotels if they have clean rooms and free breakfast. The W is obviously at a certain price point and will appeal to a certain breed of traveler. Nice place to go for a get-away and see how the other half lives.

Front desk staff was quite friendly and Saturday nights in the bar is like something out of South Beach. The hotel features trendy dance/techno-style music in the lobby and fitness center virtually non-stop. Clearly the hotel is catering to a younger demographic.

Most amenities nearby must be reached by car. In Texas a vehicle is a must. Be sure to take a GPS or similar device to scout out amenities in the vicinity.

In sum, put this hotel on your "treat yourself" list if you are ever in the Dallas Metroplex. But note you can probably find many other places to stay if you are trying to save money and do not need the upper crust experience. Go Steelers!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to W Dallas Victory Hotel? Share your experiences!