“Typical good W hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Westford, Massachusetts
“Typical good W hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Checkin was seamless. Room was on the larger side of w hotels I have been in. The drinks were good in the living room. Had buffet lunch in the conference center two days in a row and it was very good. Felt like the hotel is a bit in the middle of nowhere but I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I have to say that I was quite disappointed in this W. Yes, the location is fantastic, and the service is excellent, but I was unimpressed with my room. The decor is modern and funky, which I like and is common in the W hotels I've stayed in in the past. I had two queen beds, and one of them had several hairs (not from a persons head) on the sheets. Yuck! Then, the mini bar didn't work. It was plugged in, but everything was warm. If you need to get into wifi, forget it. I was there for work and I think I managed to get a wifi signal for about 10 minutes of my entire stay. No in-room coffee service, so if you want coffee in the morning, go down to the bar. Be warned, you may see some people hungover from the night before, because the hotel lobby bar is a hot spot for a young, partying crowd. I had a 4:30 wake up from loud partygoers in the hallway. Food in the hotel for a banquet was just average. Like I said, overall experience not what one would usually expect from a W Hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We came for our anniversary and could not have been treated better-beginning with Brice and Camillie G.-who checked us in and because we had to wait a little, gave us a couple of drink coupons-we used them in the new restaurant/bar Cook Hall, which is FANTASTIC!! My husband is a chef and we were amazed at the quality and originality of the food and cocktails! Cory and Mel are "Hosts with the Mosts!"From the homemade bitters and Howitzer Gun Punch, to the simple yet delicious Charcuterie served by Bartender Amber-waiter Nathan-Night shift bar-Howard's the man-Bridgette W. helped with key-cards-and Willie with pool needs - D.Y.the door guy-so thoughtful and helpful!!! I live in a resort- seaside fl- and the W knows how to make a guest feel special.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Rooms are dark and lighiting is poor. I visited this hotel recently for a group meeting. Women complained about the lighting being so bad that they had trouble applying makeup. I found the rooms to be very strangely configured with dark blue walls, dark greenish blue tile in the bathroom with really bad lighting. The dark colors used throughout the room made the bathroom feel very cold and uninviting. The toilet area was a separate rooom painted in a garish green that looked odd and unattractive juxtaposed to the blue tile throughout the bathroom.
The showers have no doors and no curtain so showering is a cold experience. Water pressure is poor at best. The bathroom is completely open to the room with no partition except a fabric curtain so this hotel would be weird if you brought kids or family with no privacy while taking a shower or using the sink.

On the positive side, the bed was clean and comfortable. The room was spotless and the staff were lovely. The bar inside the restaurant was consistenly nice and courteous and the attendtion to guests there seemed really great.

On the stranger side of things . . .
One of my coworkers went up to her room during the day to find a housekeeper watching a soap opera in her room with the privacy tag hung on the door and the vacuum cleaner parked outside her room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Reggio Emilia, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great location, great hotel with a very trendy ambience . The rooms are not stunning like all the other W hotels but public spaces are much better, like restaurants ,lobby, spa and the very trendy bar at the last floor. Expensive but worth while for a trendy exerience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I landed in Dallas first thing in the morning however, my room was unable to be ready until regular check in time (3PM). I was given a really nice driver Allen Rivas who took me to the mall to buy time. Mr. Rivas provided nothing short of excellent service, with impeccable attention to detail and patiently took the time out to make sure I was happy. His positive attitude made my day!

• Stayed November 2012
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

After a celebration for our good friends upcoming wedding we all ended up at the hotel bar at the W. The wait staff was unbelievable, especially Bridgette Woods who was more than kind to us all, even making sure every got to their own rooms and got a ride home. Thanks Bridgette!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to W Dallas Victory Hotel? Share your experiences!