“Convenient hotel to stay at when flying out of DFW Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency DFW

You added Hyatt Regency DFW to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency DFW
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2334 North International Parkway, Type in DFW Airport into GPS follow signs to Terminal C, Dallas, TX 75261   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #28 of 197 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Convenient hotel to stay at when flying out of DFW Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've stayed at the Hyatt Regency DFW 3 times thus far. To simplify this review ill divide it into the pros and cons.

Pros: There is nothing more convenient when flying out of DFW than to stay at a hotel within the airport grounds. The Hyatt Regency offers shuttles every 20 minutes on the hour which will take you to any of the airport terminals. When arriving at DFW, the hotel will also send a shuttle to your terminal to pick you up. The hotel is located in the area of terminal C. When driving to the hotel, head to terminal C where you will see signs guiding you to the Hyatt Regency. The hotel only offers free parking for the nights that you stay at the hotel (make sure that they validate your parking pass for those nights). The rooms at the Hyatt are spacious and clean. The beds are comfy. No complaints about the room décor or the condition of the furniture. The windows do a great job blocking out noise from the planes constantly taking off and landing at one of the busiest airports in the country. The hotel lobby is spacious and offers multiple options for food and drinks. The Aces Lobby Bar is a nice place to grab a drink. The food is OK; nothing amazing though. There are multiple tvs and 2 pool tables in the bar area.

Cons: One of my biggest disappointments with the hotel is that they offer smoking rooms on the same floors as non-smoking rooms. During one of my stays, I entered my 'non-smoking' room and was met with the overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke. I called the front desk and found out that my room was surrounded by neighboring 'smoking' rooms. The front desk staff agreed to move me to another room. What bothered me the most however, was that they told me that there were no comparable rooms that they could move me to. So I moved into whatever room they had. Soon after doing so, I went onto their website only to find several vacant rooms that were exactly the same as my original one. I don't know if they failed to offer me those rooms because I booked my stay through a third party website or if they had a more legitimate reason for doing so.
The other disappointment is that the hotel does not offer free wifi in it's rooms.

Room Tip: If you pick a non-smoking room, make sure it's not surrounded by neighboring smoking rooms.

LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I normally stay in the Grand Hyatt at DFW Terminal D but it was fully booked so booked the Hyatt Regency DFW Terminal C instead. I used the free Terminal link bus to get from Terminal E to Terminal C and was surprised there was no direct drop off at Hyatt Regency DFW door but instead at Terminal C and then had to navigate through the parking structure (and up and down stairs with luggage!). The hotel does have a free terminal bus that runs every 20 minutes but I did not know that when booking.

Check in was smooth. Room was adequate, shower but no bath. Fixtures, fittings and furniture were in good condition and fully functional. Room service was very good, order was correctly filled and portions and quality were both good. Check out was quick and accurate. Sleep quality was good and suitable for my needs.

I used the free airport shuttle to get to my departure terminal. I would stay at this hotel again but my first choice remains Grand Hyatt DFW due to greater convenience and quality even though slightly more expensive.

Dexter, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Yeah, I guess I didn't think about the fact that the hotel is at the airport when I booked the room. So I got to listen to the jets taking off and landing all night and morning. The rooms are not sound proof. I should have known! So if you are looking for peace and quiet, don't stay here. The rooms are okay.. They appear clean, upscale...typical for a Hyatt Regency. However, if you are driving/have a rental car, parking is kind of a pain. Wireless is free. There is a bar in the lobby that looks busy. Other than the noisiness, it is okay. But I won't stay here again.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had to stay at this Hyatt during a recent convention. I found my room to be very comfortable and spacious. All the staff personal that I came in contact with were friendly and accommodating. Although I did not eat in the restaurant, the hotel did offer a café type "grab it to go" style eatierie which was tasty and offered coffee early in the morning. I wasn't able to partake of anything else the hotel offered as I was again on convention.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

On a positive note, the beds were comfy, the linens nice, and the staff very friendly and accommodating. However, the walk from the terminal is through three separate parking decks (or wait for the shuttle bus), wi-fi is free but unreliable in some rooms, bedside lights did not work (although the electrician came promptly and fixed), and there were dead bugs on the carpet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with consistently reliable wifi
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Westchester County, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I just returned from staying at Hyatt Regency DFW for 3 nights with my husband and 2 children. It was a very nice stay. Upon check in, my room was ready early and they accommodated me with an end room away from the elevator on the 2nd floor. The hotel's interior is gorgeous. From the lobby to the rooms themselves. The bathrooms were redone so nicely. The beds were queen sized and super comfortable. We definitely could have used more bath towels, but once we called, they brought them with no problem. The pool was very nice. There is a coffee bar with Starbucks drinks right in the lobby. The staff is EXCELLENT. They are incredibly helpful and totally have the "wow" factor. The front desk manager helped me print my baseball tickets and the bellman area would google where I could find the nearest pharmacy. It was as close to being home as can be. Amazing job Hyatt staff! Would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably better. Keep in mind, they do have a lot of conferences here, but they r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank travelersfromnyx4
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

In DFW area for short stay on the last leg of a 7 day trip .... Beautiful hotel with great location but getting extra towels was nearly impossible! When I called I had to explain why I needed them! Majority of staff I encountered was not polite and didn't smile! The exception was the housekeeping staff on our floor. Room aircondiioner wasn't cooling properly and had to request maintenance. Would not make this my first choice if in this area again. We have stayed at lesser expensive hotels and received much better service!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Grand Hyatt DFW
4.5 of 5 stars 4,440 reviews
Downtown Dallas
#19 of 197 in Dallas
4.0 of 5 stars 2,339 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency DFW? Share your experiences!