“Great hotel but difficult to access. Driving? Please read!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency DFW

You added Hyatt Regency DFW to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency DFW
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2334 North International Parkway, Type in DFW Airport into GPS follow signs to Terminal C, Dallas, TX 75261   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #28 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pleasanton, California
“Great hotel but difficult to access. Driving? Please read!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is an unusual hotel because it sits right in the airport and that you can only access it by using the toll road. First of all, if you are driving to this hotel, do not use Apple maps on your iPhone because it will direct you to some church north of the airport. Using google maps does not work either because it will just points you to the center of the airport when you enter the hotel address. This is where technology comes up way short because iphone navigation just directed us to drive in circle on the service road. The best thing to do is to trust the road signs on the toll road that leads you into the airport terminals. Yes, you will need to pay for parking everytime you exit so drivers beware that there is no in/out privilege. It was $18 with hotel validation for overnight parking.

The hotel itself is really nice. Rooms are really clean and the bedding were extremely comfy. I slept like a baby. I did not try out the pool but there is an outside pool with people sitting around it in the morning. Staff were very friendly. No WIFI access in the room was a bit disappointing. Come on, Hyatt, it's free WIFI in most hotels these days so get with the times already. All in all, this hotel is most suitable for overnighter or someone who plans to stay at the airport and not go anywhere else in the city. I definitely would love to stay here again just for the comfort.

Noise level - To my surprise, the room was extremely quiet even though my room faces the control tower directly. I didn't hear a single plane throughout the entire time I was in my room. That's just amazing! Kudos to their constractors

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your review and comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback about finding us - since we are located on airport property, some applications have difficulty with that. Trust the signs, they are very good and will point you right to us. We do offer complimentary parking for our guests, our Bell Stand can validate your parking ticket. We hope you will stay with us again should your travel plans bring you to the DFW area in the future.

Rusty Macy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

PROS: Good location for airport (although don't even think of walking to the terminal, as DFW is the 2nd largest airport in the US, and the distance is greater than one might expect). Fortunately, a shuttle to and from hotel runs every 20 minutes.

Top notch, professional staff at check in desk. Coffee bar staff were friendly.

Room had been partially updated. Shower was exceptionally clean (tile, grout, etc) and all of the hardware looked very modern. TV and WiFi worked well. Bed was comfortable. Hallway and room lighting were good. Noise was not a concern for me at night even though my room faced the main road (with a view of the control tower).

CONS: Shuttle driver blew right past me at the terminal pickup location. There was another car rental bus there as well, but since this is the designated location for pickup (and I had called ahead), he at least should have slowed down to look for me standing there waving frantically. It took a second call and another few minutes for him to circle back.

Parts of the room look like original 1980 decor. While still functional, there was an odd mix of "old and new."

Thermostat in room could not maintain the set temperature. Set it for 70, it would stop above or below the set point. So the room was ether a little too warm or a little too cool.

With both of my hands full with hot coffee and breakfast from the lobby coffee bar, I got into the elevator with one of the bellmen. I'm OK with his lack of a greeting, but he did not offer to push the button for my floor despite the fact he saw both of my hands were full. It would appear that the level of professionalism exhibited by the desk staff is not an expectation for the the bell staff. Perhaps that should be looked into.

Overall, if I could give it 3 1/2 stars, I would. As the title reads, not the worst but not the best.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and comments about your recent stay. We want you to know that we take our guests feedback seriously and will use it to improve our service. We hope you will stay with us again should your travel plans bring you to the DFW area in the future.

Gainesville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

The sky view of Downtown Dallas was great at night. Very comfortable bed. Breakfast bar was very tasty. Parking was an inconvenience but they have a good valet service. My wife loved it. They have multiple conference rooms and it seems like a great meeting place. Everyone had a smile and made sure the guest were getting what they needed. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed November 2012
We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your review. Should your future travel needs bring you to the DFW area, we hope you will stay with us again!

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed one night in an executive suite prior to an early morning flight. Check-in was a breeze, our suite was spacious and nicely appointed. Even-though I was not valet parking, the staff parked my car for me and attached a tag with the level and parking spot number where he had parked my car. As stated, we had a very early flight so we had arranged for a bellman to come to our room at a designated time to help with our luggage. He was right on time and loaded our bags onto the hotel shuttle bus. The hotel shuttle driver dropped us off at curbside check-in at our gate. Now for the best part - upon our return we simply called the hotel and they sent the shuttle driver to pick us up. He took us back to the hotel and unloaded our luggagge. I retrieved my car with not problems thanks to the tag on my keys and drove to the front of the hotel. The staff loaded our luggage in our car and we were off. They even validated our parking ticket for one free day of parking. We will definately be back next time we are flying out of DFW.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

So, we showed up at about 4pm, checked in and relaxed in the room. Nothing wrong with the counter staff etc. Only issue came when it was time for dinner. We walked down to the restaurant, and the maitre'd fobbed us off with a bad excuse about being busy... the place was less than half full.She told us to go to the bar, so we walked around to the fine dining place... and we aren't paying $100 for a steak. haha. so we walk back to the restaurant and say to the woman that we don't want to sit in the bar, that we would like a proper sit down meal. so she apologised and walked us to a table where we were ignored about about 15 minutes. so we got up and went to the bar anyway. not overly impressed witht the whole thing to be honest. we sat there with out dinner and watched 3 waitresses stand at the bar and chat, one guy wander around doing nothing... we actually saw only 2 staff actually working so we couldnt work out why we couldnt get acknowledged... unfortunate since the rest of the hotel was lovely, the bed was comfy, the staff were friendly. the restaurant lets them down

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
The Colony, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

One of the best decisions I've made. I live in the very far part of Dallas and I went to the Thanksgiving day football game and flew out Friday morning. It was much easier to stay at this hotel rather than driving back and forth between this part of town. I was quite impressed with the inside of the hotel. I travel about 50% of the time for my work and would definitely had liked to stay in a hotel like this one. The rooms were comfortable and I was impressed that the noise was not bad considering you are right at the airport. The front desk was very nice in allowing me to check in at 11:00 in the morning instead of having to do so after the football game.

Room Tip: I was on the 9th floor and thought it was nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

At DFW airport. Quiet, LARGE rooms with every conceivable amenity. Three dining options, free shuttle to your gate at the airport. Every aspect of SERVICE at this hotel was perfect during our stay last night. This is so unusual in today's hospitality industry that I wanted to comment on this Hyatt's pool of employees and training program. EXCELLENT!!

Room Tip: We took a higher floor and enjoyed the view and small balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Grand Hyatt DFW
3.5 of 5 stars 126 reviews
Downtown Dallas
#19 of 192 in Dallas
4.0 of 5 stars 1,902 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency DFW? Share your experiences!