“Excellent customer service, very clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency DFW

You added Hyatt Regency DFW to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency DFW
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2334 North International Parkway, Type in DFW Airport into GPS follow signs to Terminal C, Dallas, TX 75261   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #30 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent customer service, very clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I called for the shuttle service when I arrived at the airport and waited all of 4 minutes to be picked up and greeted with an ice cold water. Shuttle driver was polite and friendly. Hotel lobby was very clean with plenty of employees waiting to help you, check in took all of 3 minutes. I was still waiting to see what the glitch was going to be.. Walked into my room and it was spotless, nicely decorated. Although the air could have been alittle colder in the room, it was not a major complaint for me. The bathrub was alittle low and small, however the water pressure made up for any inconvience.

I stayed in the hotel to eat and I found it adequately met my needs,however they also have a shuttle services for a small fee to take you to other dining experiences or shopping.There is a ice machine and soda machine on every floor, sodas being $2, I felt that was reasonable, someone had complained about the cost of food and drinks at the hotel and I found their fees for most things within reason. A coffee maker in the room was convienent and Starbucks located in the main lobby offering snacks coffee. Not certain why others complained about the coffee, I don't drink it however Starbucks is no slouch on taste nor customer service. There are a few different restaurants to choose from at the hotel or have room service send something up.

Customer service was very helpful in validating parking tickets a slight hassle as the toll booth trying to get out of the airport with it, however it was not due to the hotel. Upon checking out <2 minutes to check out at the desk. or you could use the kios> the shuttle service ran on time and had more than 1 shuttle bus running at a time. making it fast and reiable. All in all this was one of the nicer 4 star hotels I've stayed at this summer. On another note.. I dislike going to a hotel and hearing their employees speak neg or unprofessional in front of guests. I did not find that at this hotel, it actually seemed as though their employees enjoyed their jobs and belonged in customer service. Thank you for a nice stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on a higher floor and found the hotel quiet with very little airport or traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments from a recent stay with us. We appreciate your specific compliments of our hotel, service and location. We look forward to your return visit.

Rusty Macy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We attended a conference last week. The conference facilities were tremendous, sure not 5 star but this isn't a 5 star hotel. The food in particular was excellent for conference-fare, especially the desserts.

We booked an executive suite that turned out to be 2 rooms joined by a door. The combined effect was extremely large which suited us well. And the $240 a night rate was superb hence, the reason for the reviews' title.

The hotel is looking dated and I certainly wouldn't choose to stay here for a vacation, but for a conference and a one-nighter during a layover, it works fine.

One challenge is the hotel is a long way from downtown or close to shops or restaurants so you are stuck there if you don't have a car, or have to pay a minimum $80 round trip for taxis. The hotel provides a limo service that is more costly so wouldn't recommend it if you need to make frequent trips outside the hotel. Better to hire a car if you feel confident you can negotiate the many link roads around the airport.

The service ethic was strong and pleasant.

Room Tip: Room tip: if you like bath tubs, ensure you request a room with one as not all rooms have them.
Lake Elmo, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was here for a conference and didn't get out of the hotel to see Dallas at all, so I'm sure I missed a great deal of Texas awesomeness. As to the hotel, don't stay here if you are looking for amenities or good food. I was stuck there for three days, so was forced to drink the only so-so, highly overpriced coffee and eat at the mediocre restaurants. Whatever catering they used for the conference dinners was sub-par. The rooms were nice enough- not spacious but acceptable. Two things were above average: the hotel staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, I give them 5 stars (and it makes me want to go to Texas again on a non-work related trip) and the showers were awesome.

Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed three nights at the Hyatt Regency for a conference in September. They have a free shuttle that runs every twenty minutes to the terminal, and if you rent a car from certain companies you can pick it up and drop it off at the hotel. The hotel is located in the airport, and if you drive out of the airport you'll pass through what seems to be a toll both but is actually airport parking, and the ticket they give you will need to be validated at the hotel just before you take the car out again. The hotel has valet parking, and free self-parking.
The rooms are a good size, clean and surprisingly quiet. There's muted traffic noise, but I didn't hear other guests and slept surprisingly well.
They provide free wireless internet, but it was slow and unreliable. At times I couldn't connect on my computer. I have an iPod Touch with wireless, and was only able to connect on that in the lobby--never in my room, even after calling their tech support.
They have a bar, grill, and a restaurant open for dinner, and provide room service. I found the menus overall to be a bit limited, which is compounded by the fact that there aren't really any restaurants nearby. They also have a small gift shop. There's not much seating in the lobby, making this a limited venue for a conference.
The staff was friendly, polite and generally helpful. However, the information was not always accurate or clear. For example, I had picked up a rental car from the rental car center, which is outside the airport, which means I got one of the aforementioned white tickets but thought it was a toll road ticket (my GPS called it a toll, it looked like a toll...) I had left my car out front rather than going into the parking garage, so when I asked about parking while checking in, I assumed the ticket she said I'd need was something I got when entering their parking garage and told her I left my car out front. This is the point where one would expect the front desk agent to say, "you should have received a ticket when you entered the airport." But she didn't. Later, I tried to find the nearest gas station. The front desk agent gave vague directions (follow the signs to the South exit, and you'll find one there). The shuttle driver gave wrong directions (just before the parking gate at the South exit). It was only when I passed through the parking gate that the parking booth attendant told me it was by the rental car center. Obvious, yes, but no one at the hotel said to follow the signs to the rental car center. To me, it's these little things that are the difference between very good and excellent service. Polite and friendly is great, but if speed is valued over accuracy, a guest's needs aren't always being met.
The hotel is located about a half hour from downtown, so if I was here to see the city I don't know that I'd stay at this hotel again unless it was a one day trip. It is very convenient to the airport, but not convenient to much else.
Also, the are two Hyatt hotels here, so make sure you know which you're staying at before you arrive or following the signs will get confusing. The other is the Grand Hyatt.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments from a recent stay with us. We appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel. We do regret you experienced a problem with directions relative to parking and gas station. Be assured your comments have shared with our staff in order to preclude incidents of this nature. We hope you return in the future and allow us to exceed your expectations.

Rusty Macy, General Manager
Thousand Oaks, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the Dallas Regency Hyatt for a week long convention in July, 2012. I typically choose Hyatt hotels due to their excellent service and the quality of their rooms, but unfortunately the later was simply not true. After arriving at DFW it should be noted that the airport tram only goes to the Grand Hyatt. To reach the Regency one needs to go to baggage claim and find the ground shuttle. Upon arriving, the usually Hyatt service was offered. The employee at guest services was very nice and pleasant to talk with and accommodated my upgrade request. When I reached my room I noticed that my “suite” turned out to be two standard rooms connected by a door. Inside the room was standard just like you would find at an ordinary Best Western or Holiday Inn. I did have a view of the airport and the noise level was not very loud. After attending my conference I walked around the hotel property and was not impressed with the facilities. The gym was tiny for a convention center and the pool looked like it would fit in a motel 6. Overall, I was not impressed with this Hyatt. While the service was excellent the property was subpar for a Hyatt Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms may only have a shower, if needed request a bathtub.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Grand Rapids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a few nights and it was quite nice. It is located at the airport and is quite convenient. The staff is nice starting with picking me up from the airport after a call to the front desk. It took a little longer than I would like but the driver was quite nice. He was personable and helped me forget I had been standing outside in 100 degree heat. The staff checked me in quickly and the room was a nice. I ate at the sports bar and the restaurant and the food was good including dessert. The food prices were high but there are not any other options near the hotel. There is also a nice outdoor pool area. The rooms were an average size but everything was updated. I would stay here again. They will also validate your parking if you ask-give you a credit for the tolls.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but higher is better. Make sure to take your parking/toll ticket with you and get...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

PROS: Had to overnight returning from St. Kitts so we arrived after 10pm Shuttle arrived right away and driver was helpful with the 50 pound scuba bags;it was a quick ride Check-in went quickly, nice staff AC did its job Comfy bed and blackout drapes updated bathroom tile and fixtures, acceptable cable package but. . .
CONS: no bathtub and a wimpy shower head with low water flow. (Oh no, just when I needed a nice long soak.) Strange looking zombie picnic wall picture. Little tiny coffee maker (bare minimum) pricy breakfasts. They did not give us a wakeup call as requested so be sure you set an alarm. You have to use the shuttle to return to the airport because there are stairs if you try to walk directly to the C terminal and the scuba gear was just too heavy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bathtub if you want to soak.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency DFW? Share your experiences!