“Never forget” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dallas Holocaust Museum

Dallas Holocaust Museum
211 N Record Street, Suite 100, Dallas, TX 75202 (Downtown Dallas)
214-741-7500
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A center offering exhibits, films and artifacts of the Holocaust.
Fort Worth, Texas
“Never forget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

No-one should forget what happened, ever.
This museum was poorly laid out, we went the wrong way round to begin with and many of the artifacts had been replaced with photos. Some of the sections were missing, we went from 200 on the audio tour to 500 and could not find 300 or 400.
The background information to the war and the fate of the peoples in the camps was quite comprehensive, the only thing that felt as if it was missing was the sheer numbers involved. It was almost shown as a 'cottage industry' rather than the 24/7 industrial murder machine.
This is worth visiting as a first exposure to the facts of the holocaust, but other places give a better sense of the enormity of the crimes.

Visited August 2013
Paula N, Public Relations Manager at Dallas Holocaust Museum, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Visitors can spend an hour and a half in this Museum and listen to all the audio content or shorten their visit by being selective. The visitor makes this choice. The enormity of the Holocaust is referenced in the audio script numerous times as he/she moves from the Lobby with the floor to ceiling montage, and map of camps, including death camps, in Europe, to the Twentieth Train from Belgium sections, the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising section and the Bermuda conference section. The box section includes a 15 minute film with audio and photos of the Holocaust. The enormity of the Nazi murder machine is also referenced from many angles in the photos, graphics and text content. One of the very first exhibits visitors see is a concrete row of columns that physically and symbolically show the number of deaths by year during the Holocaust.

Corinth, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“A Humbling Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We took our 13 and 15 year olds to this museum and it was definitely worth the stop. It was a great presentation that is self-paced with lots of information. The day we went there was a Holocaust survivor there selling his book which made it very real. Especially when he showed us the numbers tattooed on his arm. There is a lot of standing and a few more chairs would have been nice. But overall it is a must see for Historical information.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
6 attraction reviews
“Not worth the money.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Cost like 12 bucks and will give you 45 minutes of entertainment.
I'm sure there are better museums you could go to.

Visited July 2013
Rachel D, Manager at Dallas Holocaust Museum, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I'm sorry to hear that the Museum did not offer you a better experience. I am pleased to inform you that we have plans underway for expansion, and hope that you will have a more positive experience if you come back to see us in a few years.

Thank you!
Dallas, TX
11 attraction reviews
“A sobering reality check”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Others have commented on the size of the museum, and I agree that the square footage is indeed small... but I don't want this review to be a repeat of what others have said. To add value, I want to try and counter some things I have heard others say...
1) To the reviewer who complained it was mostly pictures. The pictures add a stark view of the reality of the horrors that existed. Had the museum been filled with artifacts, I believe it would have taken away from the photo tour that was created.
2) To the reviewer who commented it was so small they had to make three laps... I found that by taking the time to look at the pictures and listen to the associated audio, our tour still took an hour and we only listened to 30%~40% of the audio tracks we found. Had we listened to everything, I suspect we would have been there for 2 hours pretty easily. Moving any faster than we did, I feel I would have missed most of the experience.
3) I enjoyed the connection this museum made between the local newspapers, Texas and the USA to the holocaust. It wasn't simply portrayed as something that happened on the other side of the ocean.
4) I left the museum believing the greatest tragedy wasn't the number of Jews that were murdered- the greatest tragedy was how many people did nothing while so many Jews were murdered. It left me feeling stronger that we should use our resources to prevent the genocides that are occurring in our world today.
And for those looking for a tip.... skip the parking downtown and just ride the DART train to the West End station and walk one block west.

10 attraction reviews
“Dallas Holocaust Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Fantastic exhibit. Very moving. Although I knew many facts about this event in history, having a face to the stories somehow changed things. Do not take young children!

Visited July 2013

Been to Dallas Holocaust Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Dallas Holocaust Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.