“School field trip.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dallas Holocaust Museum

Dallas Holocaust Museum
211 N Record Street, Suite 100, Dallas, TX 75202 (Downtown Dallas)
214-741-7500
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A center offering exhibits, films and artifacts of the Holocaust.
11 attraction reviews
“School field trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The students read "Number the Stars" then followed with a field trip here. The subject matter can be very heavy for 6th graders and usually a holocaust survivor talks to the audience about their actual experiences. The gentleman who spoke to our group was very good with the younger students and he was an exceptional speaker.

Visited December 2011

KANSAS
“"educational and heartbreaking"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is my first tour of any museum related to the Holocaust. I was very curious and felt I had very limited knowledge. It was so overwhelming but very educating. The front desk gives you a small radio device. Most archives & pictures are assigned a number and you enter the number when you want to know more information about it. The device plays a recording about an item you are interested in. There were videos playing in different areas. Towards the end of the tour, we sat in a theater room watching and listening to the stories from the concentration camp survivors. It was very sad and had to understand how much hate one can have towards another human being. The tour says it can last 30mins but if you really want the entire experience, take as long as you need. We stayed around 2 hours. Before we left, we noticed an older gentleman in the lobby sitting behind books. The name on the books looked familiar to some of the stories I was reading about on the tour. It was the "real" Mike Jacobs. He was a survivor and the founder of the museum. I was so honored to meet him. He was very frail but nice. I purchased his book and he signed it for me.
I will never forget how I felt in the presence of such a strong willed Holocaust survivor. This is definitely a must see tour.

Visited August 2012
Quitman, Texas
“You MUST visit! Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I enjoyed the visit to the museum...it was a true eye opener and you will end up tearing up throughout the museum. I don't know if I would take children younger than high school age, depending on how well your child would handle death and pictures of starving people, etc. I took my teenagers and I felt that my children were very shocked that humans would treat each other badly.

Visited October 2011
dallas
“Holocaust Retrospective”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

A thought provoking view of one of history's most tragic events. Very moving experience with illuminating displays, personal artifacts, letters and more that come together to tell the story of the Holocaust.

Visited September 2011
Plano, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Don't Miss This One”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Excellent historical exhibits - a very moving experience. DHM ranks with some of the top such exhibits in the USA.

Visited December 2011

Been to Dallas Holocaust Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Dallas Holocaust Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later