“Important story... disappointing venue” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dallas Holocaust Museum

Dallas Holocaust Museum
211 N Record Street, Suite 100, Dallas, TX 75202 (Downtown Dallas)
214-741-7500
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A center offering exhibits, films and artifacts of the Holocaust.
Dallas area
31 attraction reviews
“Important story... disappointing venue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I was downtown at a conference and had a little time so visited the Dallas Holocaust Museum. It doesn't cost much to get in but be prepared before you go and know that it is VERY small. I spent about 35 minutes there. I couldn't escape comparing it with the Washington, DC National Holocaust Memorial which I've visited several times; and this small Museum came up pretty short. I honor the story told; but I also think visitors click onto TripAdvisor to get the facts. If you've never visited a Holocause Memorail Museum then by all means go. Regardless of how small the venue the story must and forever be told... we must never forget.

Visited February 2011

Illinois
44 attraction reviews
“Small but good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I liked it but we were close to closing time (within a hour). I did kind of rush through it. If you don't know much about the Holocaust, it is a good beginning. It is small though.

Visited December 2011
Dallas, Texas
14 attraction reviews
“Truthful history that everyone should know!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

This mseum tells the whole story ... about how the world stood by and let the Holocaust happen. I am so glad to see a museum that addresses the failure of the world to stop the genocide. I enjoyed this museum even more the the Holocaust museum in Berlin, Germany!

Visited November 2011
Austin, Texas
“only wished that it was larger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

We were staying at a downtown hotel and we had wanted to do some walking and site seeing before we left Dallas. My hubby found the museum. Its small and wished it had been bigger but the lasting affect still lingers inside you when you leave. We just happened to meet TWO survivors and I felt so blessed and lucky to have. I am a WWII history lover and this is the closest I have ever come to.

Visited November 2011
Chicago, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
“Historical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

This place is filled with artifacts and much history. The museum and the experience itself is one that you won't forget. If you are lucky there might be book signings from those who are survivors of the holocaust or children of the survivors. Check their calender to see what special events are happening. The museum is organized and the staff is very polite. There is so much to see and read about that it will take you a while to make your way through the museum.

Visited January 2011

Been to Dallas Holocaust Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Dallas Holocaust Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.