“Very good hotel but very dark area at night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - North Park

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Dallas - North Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Dallas - North Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9019 Vantage Point Road, Dallas, TX 75243 (Formerly Wellesley Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #97 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Very good hotel but very dark area at night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

This was a nice comfortable, roomy hotel and great for an extended stay. Nice, friendly, professional staff at the front desk. Housekeeping was good and maintenance fast and friendly if something needed to be fixed.
Rooms are large and have mostly all that you would need if you are home away from home and not wanting to go out and buy extras such as towels, linens,cookware, etc. Beds are comfortable, bathroom/vanity area is good size.
You have all the neccessary amenities for the kitchen and Kroger/Wal-Mart are not very far for shopping. The hotel is near several great restaurants and small shops.
The rooms are a little expensive for the week but judging by another extended stay hotel I stayed in whilst waiting for an apartment to become available you do get a better room and service. Just a reminder--should you stay up to a month or more besure that you mention this at check in so that you can qualify for the tax waiver at the end of 30 days. They do not tell you this at check-in and if you wait until later you will not be able to get it.
Another great thing about this hotel is that it is about a 7 minute walk to LBJ Central Rail Station but be careful at night as this area can be very dark which is odd considering it is surrounded by several businesses and apartment complexes. A very bad thing on the City of Dallas or whomever is in charge of street lights in the neighbourhood.
The only downside was the small fitness room that I do believe could do with a good cleaning. Just a bit of a turn-off to see dust and hair all over the place when you are on the machines.
The hotel is near a very busy road way so depending on your location you will get a lot of traffic noise especially in the morning.
Otherwise this is a very good extended stay hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Let me count the reasons not to stay here.
Creepy people around and mooches. Cockroaches are having a party here. Gnat problem, determined my AC unit was the source because it was no nasty. It also had a dead cockroach in it as well. Moldy coffee bag left in the coffee pot. A fridge that sounds like someone is in there with a hammer when it cuts off. Not well taken care of and not very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I stayed here because my trip was extended a day. The property seems nice from the outside. Hallways had piled up, soiled linens. There were men on laptops, playing loud music in the halls. These halls are on the outside. There were no interior hallways.
The room was ok on first glance. After I got settled, I noticed some chips in the wallpaint. Old mattresses. Broken air con cover. Mold in the shower. Soap, but no shampoo. The microwave oven smelled. There were stains on the bath towels. The tv is about 15 years old.

When I went to lock the door that evening, the front door deadbolt didn't work. So I had to rely on the latch. Not a great feeling to say the least.
Oh, I forgot....I didn't have a reservation. I chose this hotel because of it's location.
The lady at the front desk was unsure if there was availability. I gave her my ID and a credit card and she still made me sign three invoices and initial in three places. I felt like I was taking out a mortgage. It was ridiculous. The room rate I paid, was 15 dollars higher than the internet rate.

I left the next morning as soon as I got up. I will not be back and I seriously recommend you do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

terrible terrible terrible. The AC was leaking so much water. The bathroom toilet overflowed. The room was dirty. Very dirty. I requested to be moved to another room the following day. They told me there would be a room available by 3pm. I returned from shopping at 7pm, only to find out there is no other room. I had to make a reservation at another hotel. They would not issue a refund. If possble. DO NOT STAY HERE. the maintenance guy said the building is so old there is nothing they can do about the plumbing.I am sure they have a mold problem by now.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
little rock, ar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

We were in town for New Year's holiday and wanted a place close to our points of interest which was shopping and the Cotton Bowl. This hotel was the perfect place to stay. There are 4 restaurants on the same block of the hotel (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, and Cheddar's) that makes it very easy to find good food close. We walked to Olive Garden for dinner one night and Outback Steakhouse the second night. The Holiday Inn and Suites is located on the other end of the block and we saw people walking from it to the restaurants also. Our hotel was clean, safe, and newly remodelled. The room was a bit smaller than expected but for two people it was very accomodating. The kitchen was helpful as we like to have a cup of coffee and eat breakfast before heading out for the day. We were not afraid to walk to our car when we came in late both nights as the hotel seems to be in a nice part of Dallas. There are two upscaled apartment complexes across the street from the hotel along with the restaurants on the other side which made us feel much better about the location. The hotel within 4 miles of the Northpark shopping area as well as the Galleria and the night life of Lower Greenville Avenue. There is a DART public parking lot 3 miles south on Greenville Ave where you can park and ride the DART to any part of Dallas you want to go. There are other DART locations closer but no public parking. Believe me, DART is the only way to get around in Dallas especially if you are wanting to go to Downtown Dallas. When we return to Dallas, we will likely stay at the Extended Stay again. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Its very easy to find at the corner of I-635 and Greenville Avenue.

• Liked — kitchen and location
  • Disliked — next to large interstate intersection
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Little Rock, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2004

Stayed here for 2 nights on Aug. 6 and 7, 2004 and had 2 king rooms, for $50.00 each. By calling the hotel directly, I got a cheaper rate than what the internet rate was showing and also did not have the full amount charged to my credit card right away. The hotel is easily found off of I-635 and it is easy to get to other areas of Dallas. They serve a free breakfast in the mornings--continental type foods, cereal/milk, fruits, etc.

The rooms have a sofa (with pull-out bed), a small kitchenette with refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, small stove with 2 burners, some cabinets, coffee maker, and small table but with only 1 chair (in the king room, at least). There are also some dishes and utensils. Near the bed, on the other side of the room, is a desk and chair, and then the bathroom area with tub/shower combo and toilet together and sink/mirror outside in the room. There is also a space to hang clothes and put the suitcase rather than a regular closet. There is one TV in the middle of the room that can turn towards the bed or towards the sofa.

Upon arrival, we checked in fairly quickly. The staff was nice, and some staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I had reserved the rooms about 2 weeks earlier and called to confirm 2 days before our arrival. In spite of this, they only had us down for one night but that was quickly remedied and we were given our key cards. They put our rooms next door to one another b/c they do not have connecting rooms. The rooms all open to the outside, rather than being inside a building and opening into a hallway. The outside areas and corridors are well-lit and we felt safe (4 women), but we did walk quickly from our car to the rooms. The hotel does appear to be in a nice and safe part of town.

One room was fairly clean but had the faint scent of smoke, even though it was a non-smoking room. The other room was clean and did not smell of smoke. The room with the smoke-smell also had 2 full trash cans, even though the room had been cleaned earlier in the day. I called the front desk and they sent someone to take care of this. The gentleman who came to deal with this apologized several times and was extremely friendly while taking away the trash and then cleaning the trash cans so they didn't smell. He also gave some suggestions about avoiding certain areas of the interstate during early evening b/c of traffic congestion and helped with directions to some of the places we planned to visit. A really great guy! I think that housekeeping has a slight tendency to forget things b/c we had no coffee packages in one room either day and our other room did not have a 2nd package of coffee on the 2nd night of our stay.

Overall, I believe the hotel was a good value for the money and would stay here again.

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - North Park? Share your experiences!