“This is our favorite restaurant for very special occasions, such as an anniversary.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MoMo Italian Kitchen

Improve this listing
Ranked #532 of 3,099 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza, Vegetarian, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dallas oldest Italian owned restaurant, and the original MoMo, is still going strong. We offer many dishes from all over Italy. Everything is made from scratch in our kitchen and we use the highest quality ingredients we can find. Don't forget we are BYOB!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

MoMo's on Forest Lane is always a delightful experience.

Now that they have moved to the location that has adequate parking, you can actually access this great Italian restaurant. Too many times in the past we were wanting to dine there, but there was simply not one single parking spot available. In Texas, if you are in retail, and especially if you own a restaurant, either you offer adequate parking or you live a hand-to-mouth existence regardless of the quality of your offerings or how hard you work.

Friends and relatives from out of town always demand to eat at Momo's during visits to Dallas, they are that good.

While they are not on the menu, if you ask for the mushroom appetizers, you will love them. They only offer them when mushrooms of the exceptionally high quality the chef demands are available, so frequently they are simply not available

The portion sizes are such at MoMo's that we will probably be taking doggy bags home if we do not just share a salad and one entree, plus, of course, the mushroom appetizers. Always the mushroom appetizers!!!

As MoMo's does NOT have a liquor license, you get to bring your own bottle of wine to enjoy with dinner. While we might order a drink with dinner only a third of time eating out, due to the cost, we always enjoy wine with dinner at MoMo's.

We who live in the Lake Highlands area of Dallas are plagued by the absence of near-by healthy, sit-down family restaurants. Unless we eat at MoMo's, we face at least a twenty minute drive to a favorite healthy restaurant, then another twenty minute drive to get home.

This is not a good use of time. So we campaign for more healthy, sit-down dining family restaurants to open in the underserved Lake Highlands area. In the meantime we enjoy those not-on-the-menu mushrooms at Momo's, where you now can find a parking space.

We have dined at MoMo's over fifty times. Not one single time have we ever had a bad experience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Bring your own bottle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Four of us met after work to give this restaurant a try. First, let me say that the service is excellent. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and helped us pick out several items on the menu. We had the cheese plate. Not enough cheese for the price., but it was good. I love the flat bread they serve with the pesto. We had Spinach Tortelli, Ravioli di Carne, and Fettuccine alla Santalloro. On my Ravioli, I should have asked for more sauce. Everything was really good though. The pasta is homemade and fresh. Nice surroundings with a homey feel. We enjoyed our dinner and brought along a bottle of wine. I like that part.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Local Dining, No Wait, Awesome Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

An evening out with friends and decided to try the local Italian restaurant just two blocks from home. NOTE TO SELF: Bring you own wine. The thin pizza dough bread was paired with Momo's signature Pesto. We all started with salad, two of us with the house salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing or house Italian dressing and two with the Insalata Fantasia featuring leaf lettuce, tomatoes, mixed vegetables, hearts of palm, artichokes, prosciutto, Gruyere, walnuts, hard boiled eggs, and a creamy dressing. Salads were all fresh and tasty and all the plates were cleaned Two had the Gamberi alla MomoGamberi alla Momo made with succulent Texas Gulf shrimp with smoked salmon, in a cream sauce with brandy and wine, spices and a pinch of bird's-eye peppers served in a nest of homemade linguine or with a side of your choice. It was phenomenal - just enough smoked salmon to pair with the large gulf shrimp with tails removed and the cream sauce was light and very flavorful. One had the Veal Scaloppine al Limone which is veal-eye-round scaloppine, cooked with lemon, garlic, parsley and a slice of prosciutto accompanied by a side of creamed peas. And our fourth had Fresh Linguine alla Puttanesca comprised of tomato sauce with Nicoise olives, capers, onions, red pepper, garlic, olive oil, a touch of anchovies. We all shared tastes and sighs of awesome where heard throughout the meal. We could not turn down dessert to top off our meals so we shared Zabaione which is a
creamy egg custard with Marsala wine, strawberries and whipped cream and Sciuscia, a
chocolate ice-cream with homemade egg-liqueur, crushed Amaretto cookies and whipped cream. Prices were reasonable. Less than $30 per person even with alacarte salad and dessert. Again, don't forget to bring your wine which they open and pour with no corkage fee.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Even better than before”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Since moving down the street on Forest Lane, the experience of having a meal at Momo's has gotten much better. the décor is very nice, and the food had improved from very good to excellent. It has been a favorite for us for decades!

Visited May 2014
“Service is bad.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I thought I was a loyal customer of Mono since I kept coming back and bringing my friends over. But my mind is changed from last experience at Momo. I had dinner with three friends and stayed to talk a bit after dinner. Just before we were leaving (a friend went to restroom), the manager came over and asked us to leave (politely) and told us he has another reservation. It wasn't a big deal. If the manager didn't come, we would have left in 1 minute any way. It was true that it made me feel a bit uncomfortable when I saw there were another 5 free tables (same size) and no other customers waiting. I talked to the manager that I felt a bit uncomfortable. The manager said that they give each table around 1h30mins. I looked at my watch and we stayed for 1h39mins. We had to leave basically it's not because of another reservation but 9 mins over his "rule". The experience made me to think a loyal customer doesn't mean much to Momo and it is more important that their rigid "rule" can be carried out. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to my friends. If you would go, don't forget to set up an alarm before you sit down.

• Visited January 2014