“Arrogant receptionist” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 Dallas B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Arrogant receptionist”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

After I have read the good reviews at TripAdvisor, I decided to choose this place for my 3 day business trip to Dallas. When I called for the reservation, I learned from the receptionist that the breakfast service starts at 9 am. I explained to him this is kind of late for me as I will have meetings early in the morning. He just said there is nothing they can do and hung up the phone on me. Plain simple! Not even bothering to hear what I would decide to do. I called for a second time and even left a message, the receptionist did not care to return back to me.

So, I do not know whether the hotel is clean, location is good, etc (I could not have a chance to observe, as you see) but I think the general attitude towards customers on the phone is not very much satisfactory..

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Beautiful rooms and incredible breakfast. Really first rate service and wonderful extra touches. I have stayed on two separate occasions and both trips were nothing short of delightful.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

My wife and I just returned from a trip to Dallas and I can't say enough about this place. A real hidden gem. The room was clean and comfortable with plenty of space. The breakfast was amazing, still trying to find the recipe for the egg dish. We will certainly be heading back to the Corinthian.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Athens, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

I booked a stay at the Corinthian for my mother who was having knee surgery at Baylor. We wanted to go to Dallas the night before her surgery and relax. The Corinthian was a beautiful home and we enjoyed our stay there. We drove a short distance to North Park Mall for dinner at Maggiano's and shopping. Thank you Dan for your wonderful hospitality and breakfast. It was the perfect place to relax before my mother's surgery. It is very close to Baylor Medical Center. I high recommend the Corintihian Bed and Breakfast!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
warwickshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

First let me say this is a belated review - we stayed at the Corinthian almost 2 years ago and I am only now putting up lots of reviews.

I would definitely recommend this B&B. We are from the UK, where we stay in B&B's a lot, and I was unsure of what to expect from a B&B in the States. The house is gorgeous, rooms tastefully decorated, and there is a little attic room where you can play games / watch TV.

The hosts are fantastic - extremely helpful and I must say provide the most fantastic breakfast you will ever have! Everyhting freshly made, huge portions, we didn't have lunch a single day while we stayed here!

The only downside to our stay is the location, and this is not a criticism of the B&B at all, more an indication that we should have done more research when booking the trip. It is several miles from downtown, and there is no where local for evening meals. You need a car to get anywhere, which we didn't realise. We managed with taxis and public transport, though we didn't feel safe sometimes.

So I would definitely recommend staying here, infinitely better than a chain hotel, but make sure you have your own transport.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Corinthian for 3 nights on our hunnymoon. The people were so nice and went out of their way to help us, they were genuinely intrested in helping us have the best time possible in Dallas. We stayed in the Mayor's Suiet. The Suiet was not actually inside the big house, it was its own private little house out back (bottom story only). It was actually kindof a nice surprise to us. It offered more privacy. We did however have full access to the big house. The Mayor's Suite did not have a stove in the kitchen but we were more than welcome to use the one in the big house as well as anything else we needed. Everything about this place was Excellent!! If you are looking for a great get-a-way the Corinthian is the best place.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

Although only a one-night stay, the Corinthian was a perfect home while in Dallas. My room and bathroom were more than spacious. I slept like a rock! The innkeeper was spot on with dining suggestions (thank you, Dan), and I enjoyed the freshly baked banana bread on the way out the door at 6 am. I will be back to this property, should my travels bring me back to Dallas.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Corinthian Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!