“Great beer lists and atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #349 of 3,104 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Rockwall, Texas
“Great beer lists and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

The Flying Saucer is definitely a bar; however, it has one of the best (if not the best) beer lists in the area. We got there for drinks, sometimes food, but mainly drinks. I love their ciders and this Flying Saucer has several to choose from including two dry ciders that I love. My husband goes for the unique quality beers they have. Go, relax, play darts, or watch tv. The cheese plate is also nice and the burgers are very good.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Never been at night, but for Saturday / Sunday afternoon - great place to grab a beer and "sports bar" type food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012 via mobile

I get the sense that the atmosphere is different at night, but on weekend afternoons, Flying Saucer is a great place to grab a beer from their massive selection, have good food and watch sports. Have been here a number of times with my family - one of my daughters favorites given the pretzels

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Tyler, Texas
“Amazing selection of beers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I wanted to go here because it's one of very few bars that serves Woodchuck Amber on tap-- I don't like beer, but I love hard cider. The boyfriend loves artisan beers and had never been here, so I knew it'd be perfect for him too. There's seriously something for everyone at this place! There were a few bar seats open when we got there at 9, but I'm told by a regular that it's usually packed. I can see why! This is absolutely a place I'd frequent if I lived in the area. Our bartender was knowledgeable and quick, and they've got a nice selection of foods as well.

Your tab will depend on the beer you choose; they range from cheap to expensive. It's a great place to explore and break out of your Coors/Budweiser/Miller/etc habit!

• Visited January 2012
Quinton, Virginia
“Fun place and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

The restaurant was busy, but had no trouble finding a table. The atmosphere is kind of a fun, sports bar feel. The selection of draught beer is outstanding with lots of import choices. No way to try all the beers, but I can say the Monty Python Holy Grail was quite good. Waitress was friendly and offered to bring me a sample from the bar if I wanted to try anything. In spite of the crowd the wait time was very reasonable. I wish I had one of these where I live. It would be a great place to meet with friends and have a great time.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing selection of draught and bottled beers from all over the world.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Unless you don't like beer, you'd be hard pressed to not be able to find a beer that you love. And if you don't like beer, they have wine, too! Their food is great and is reminiscent of Wisconsin/German food like brats, beer cheese soup, big soft pretzels plus you can choose a platter with different meats and cheeses, if you like. Their menu is far more extensive than that, but those are the things my friends or I have tried. The beer knurd club is super cool, too. Drink 200 different beers and you get a plate with your name up on their ceiling...you gotta see it to get the right idea.

Visited December 2011