“Excellent all around” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The French Room

The French Room
1321 Commerce St, The Adolphus Hotel, Dallas, TX 75202 (Downtown Dallas)
(214) 742-8200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The French Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3,104 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Akard
Transit: DART and DART Light Rail (Akard Street Station)
Description: Editors at Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Travel & Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler , and Fodor's have consistently included The French Room on their annual lists of superlative restaurants. The Zagat Survey of America's Top Restaurants ranks the dining room No. 1 for food, decor, and service, and it's only one of nine restaurants in the United States to have achieved a near-perfect food score. Texas Monthly and D Magazine list The French Room among the best restaurants in Dallas. It is now the only dining room in Texas to hold the AAA Five Diamond Award. Guided by Executive Chef Marcos Segovia, whose culinary talents have earned him acclaim around the world, The French Room is an execeptional dining experience by any standard.
Dallas, Texas, USA
“Excellent all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Dined last night during Restaurant Week. Everything was excellent. Our Captain was Francisco. The Grand Marnier Souffle is not to be missed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The French Room, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you joined us during Restaurant Week and that you are impressed with The French Room experience.

Francisco sends you his best. He is grateful for your praise.

Thank you!

With kind regards,

Frisco, Texas
“Pure Elegance and Amazing Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I have been to The French Room within the beautiful Adolphus Hotel several times and our most recent trip was wonderful as usual. There is a reason why this is considered one of Dallas’ best restaurants. The room is simply stunning with its tall ornate ceiling and huge windows. The jacket required attire might scare some people off but it really does help compliment and complete the atmosphere and experience. You feel like you are dining somewhere very special.

Service has always been top notch with excellent waiters, an attentive support team, and excellent sommelier to assist with their extensive and creative wine list (on more than one occasion I have found myself at the wine store several days later looking for a bottle and vintage that I was introduced to me at the French Room). Our meals have always been paced perfectly so as to never have too long a gap between courses or to feel rushed. But what about the food…

Perfect is how I will describe the meal itself. On our most recent visit I enjoyed the lush Hudson Valley Foie Gras appetizer while my wife started with an absolutely fantastic Bisque. Both dishes were heavenly and I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. My entrée fish could not have been prepared better, rich, moist and exploding with flavor. I had a hard time imagining a dish that could top it until I tasted my wife’s magnificent tenderloin. We were stuffed but still managed to share a dessert because we could not imagine passing it up.

Yes this is old fashioned dining and I understand it being a little too stuffy for some, but I love that there is a place in town that so successfully continues to create an old fashioned elegant dining experience. However many stars they let me give this restaurant it deserves more.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The French Room, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

How kind of you to post such a thorough and engaging review. Our management and staff appreciate your high praise and enthusiastic recommendation.

Your experience is true to our standards of excellence.

Thank you for your loyalty!

Best regards,

David
“Service was poor, food was good, but not worth the money!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a 9pm reservation to celebrate our Anniversary. The first waiter threw my napkin on my lap & walked away. The next showed up after about 5 mins & asked what we'd like to drink. We had not been offered a drink or wine list yet so we asked for one & a bottle of sparkling water. Again another 5 min wait. Once we got the wine list we found something quickly to order, only to be informed several mins later that they'd had a run on that champaign & would have to go doeown to the cellar to get more & that it would take around 10 mins. We opted for something else as this was starting to ruin the mood. It was about another 10 mins before we got our champaign & we were about 3/4 of the way through the sparkling water when the waiter idled it away before icily even say we weren't finished with that. He brought another bottle which we didn't order & were charged for. The staff was unorganized & sloppy in their service & doesn't deserve in my opinion a 6 diamond rating. Although the restaurant is pretty & the food was good it is over priced & over rated. Far from my best dinning experience. We will not be dinning there again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The French Room, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We value constructive criticism as well as compliments. Please accept our apologies for the misunderstandings that occurred. Rest assured, we have addressed the points you raised. They are completely out of character of The French Room and contrary to what the vast majority of our guests experience, night after night.

We are very sorry you were disappointed and hope you will give us another opportunity to shine.

Very sincerely,

Dallas, Texas
“As expected, another wonderful experience at The French Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was probably our sixth time to eat at The French Room. As always the food and service was excellent. The staff does a great job of determining if you want to have a high end stuffy restaurant experience or a friendly interactive experience. They then adjust their approach accordingly - we prefer the friendlier interactive experience.

This time we used a coupon that we had purchased on Travelzoo - of course that made no difference in the level of service.

As always, we have a fantastic evening.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The French Room, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

You are most kind, and we sincerely appreciate your loyalty.

Our staff is delighted that you continue to be impressed with their service. Consistency is what they strive for - as you have come to know firsthand.

Thank you for expressing your compliments so beautifully.

We look forward to seeing you, again, soon.

Warmest regards,

texas
“Quite simply the BEST place to dine in Dallas!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is THE spot my husband I and go to for a quiet, special night out any time we can! The food is absolutely the best around, the atmosphere is over the top. It is just fabulous! Dress up and prepare to be wowed! The menu is price fix, and it is actually very reasonable. The French Room is just special in every single way....make the effort and get here!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The French Room, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your glowing review filled us with joy.

Thank you for sharing your experience with other TripAdvisor travelers. We appreciate it so much.

We hope you will return soon.

Warmest regards,