“Delicious and Fancy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The French Room

The French Room
1321 Commerce St, The Adolphus Hotel, Dallas, TX 75202 (Downtown Dallas)
(214) 742-8200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The French Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3,165 Restaurants in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American, Contemporary
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Akard
Transit: DART and DART Light Rail (Akard Street Station)
Description: Editors at Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Travel & Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler , and Fodor's have consistently included The French Room on their annual lists of superlative restaurants. The Zagat Survey of America's Top Restaurants ranks the dining room No. 1 for food, decor, and service, and it's only one of nine restaurants in the United States to have achieved a near-perfect food score. Texas Monthly and D Magazine list The French Room among the best restaurants in Dallas. It is now the only dining room in Texas to hold the AAA Five Diamond Award. Guided by Executive Chef Marcos Segovia, whose culinary talents have earned him acclaim around the world, The French Room is an execeptional dining experience by any standard.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Delicious and Fancy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I recently dined with a colleague at the French Room while we were in Dallas for a conference. We had decided to eat there because it was in my colleague's hotel and she's spent time in France, so we were excited about the possibility of French food. We felt quite out of place, as we had followed the dress code (no denim or tennis shoes, jackets for men) but were still somewhat casual compared to the other folks dining that evening.

As soon as we received the menu, we were somewhat taken aback, as it was expensive for our trip allocation, but our server, Connie, worked with us and charged us a la carte prices for the items we wanted. The food was beautifully presented and cooked perfectly. As a Mom of 2 small children, it was an amazing dining experience not just because of the food, but also because of Connie and the other wonderful staff. I can't say enough about Connie - if you are lucky enough to dine at this restaurant with her as your server, you are in for a real treat!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The French Room, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

How very kind of you to pay The French Room such beautiful compliments. Their management and staff are delighted that they created such a memorable experience for you and your colleague.

Connie sends you her warmest regards. You made her day!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is essential to know what our guests think.

Cordially,

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Very, very fancy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A colleague and I, in town for a conference, decided to try out the French Room, as so many had mentioned this wonderful restaurant. I made a reservation, and we both got dressed up in simple, casual dresses for our dinner. As soon as we entered I knew this was way out of my league. I’ve lived in France and have traveled to several parts of the world, and have enjoyed some incredible meals at incredible restaurants, but I felt really out of place here, especially as I watched other women entering wearing evening gowns and dripping with jewels. Thankfully, the restaurant staff made us feel right at home and welcome.
I have to admit, looking at the menu was a bit of a shock. I figured I would just order a fancy salad in order to keep my check manageable, but there is nothing simple on the menu. We were brought a lovely basket of bread and a couple of items to cleanse our palates before the meal. Both my colleague and I ordered the Pan-Seared Daurade, which was served with a piece of white asparagus, a small dab of mashed potato, and a piece of lobster. I ate every bite, not only because it was delicious, but also because it was insanely expensive. ($80 per person. This includes the appetizer, main course, and dessert. If you’re a guest staying at the Adolphus, there may be a discount.) We then had lovely desserts, and were brought a small plate of truffles. After paying, we were also brought a small banana bread each, for our breakfast the next morning.
I was blown away by the service and the exquisite food at the French Room.

I also have to say that Connie, one of the restaurant staff, was so, so sweet. She made my colleague and I feel like we were royalty. If it wasn't for her, I don't think I would have enjoyed the experience nearly as much.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The French Room, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

As a Top Contributor on TripAdvisor, you have the experience to judge a restaurant fairly. We are honored that you found The French Room at The Adolphus worthy of the highest praise.

Thank you, too, for recognizing Connie for her sweetness. She is, indeed, a gem.

All of us look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

With warmest regards,

Plano, TX
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This restaurant has a well deserved reputation in the Dallas area as a place to go for great food and great service. Unlike some of the old favorites (Old Warsaw) that have seen service and food slip, The French Room maintains its standards of quality. It still requires that men wear a coat. It is one of the few places where a person can go for an adult evening without having people dressed in jeans and shorts.

The food is excellent, served by men and women that are professional and care about their jobs. We were there for a special occasion, and they took notice of that and made us feel like we were more than just another couple there for dinner.

A word of caution, this is not an inexpensive place to eat. But it is well worth the money.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The French Room, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your review is a joy to read. It captures the essence of The French Room experience, and we are so pleased you took the time to share this with other guests.

Our management and staff hope you will return for other special occasions - and relive your pleasant memories.

Thank you for the high praise.

Cordially,

Louisiana
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is expensive but so worth it! Great food, great ambiance, and great staff! The restaurant was beautiful, and we weren't rushed at all.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The French Room, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

You are most kind, and we appreciate the compliments. As a senior contributor on TripAdvisor, you are well traveled and know excellence.

Thank you!

Best,

København
“Fine evening, amazing service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This lived up to everything we had hoped for: table, service, tasty food and a beautiful decorated room. The service was not uptight ( if you have been to a fine french restaurent you know what I mean) yet proffessional and warm. Perfect combination.
we enjoyed the fact that food were not rushed and every dish came with 30 min in between therefore we enjoyed good 3.5 hours at The French Room.

Simply a winner.

Visited September 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your high praise and apt descriptions of The French Room experience.

Our management and staff look forward to your return.

Kind regards,

David

Been to The French Room? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The French Room, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.