“very beautiful, intimate...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The French Room

The French Room
1321 Commerce St, The Adolphus Hotel, Dallas, TX 75202 (Downtown Dallas)
(214) 742-8200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The French Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2,895 Restaurants in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American, Contemporary
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Akard
Transit: DART and DART Light Rail (Akard Street Station)
Description: Editors at Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Travel & Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler , and Fodor's have consistently included The French Room on their annual lists of superlative restaurants. The Zagat Survey of America's Top Restaurants ranks the dining room No. 1 for food, decor, and service, and it's only one of nine restaurants in the United States to have achieved a near-perfect food score. Texas Monthly and D Magazine list The French Room among the best restaurants in Dallas. It is now the only dining room in Texas to hold the AAA Five Diamond Award. Guided by Executive Chef Marcos Segovia, whose culinary talents have earned him acclaim around the world, The French Room is an execeptional dining experience by any standard.
“very beautiful, intimate...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2008

very beautiful, intimate restaurant with beautiful fresco ceilings with amazing food and wine! very rich... get ready to make your tummy happy!

Dallas
“Like dining at Versailles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2008

My friends and I felt like royalty during our evening at the French Room. First of all, our captain, Connie was outstanding. She was very knowledgeable about the selections and the wine and satisfied our every whim. One should definitely ask to be seated in her section when making reservations.

The food was some of the best I have ever had--portions could be a tad larger and the bread was cliche--sourdough and plain ol' wheat--come on, we're in the age of artisanal breads!

At the end of the evening, all of the women in our party were presented with cute bags containing brioche cinnamon rolls for our breakfast the following day!

It was amazing!

Dallas
“Romantic and excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

I took my girlfriend to The French Room to celebrate Valentines day this past weekend. After reading all the reviews I knew we were in for a treat, and we were not disappointed.

I will say the 3 things I continually read about were the food, the service, and the atmosphere. My ranking is 1. Service 2. Atmosphere 3. Food.

Fransisco and his staff were wonderful and showed exactly why this is a 5 star restaurant. Never once were we sitting waiting on the next meal or for our plates to be taken away. Staff was all just very friendly and warm.

The French Room is candle lit and small. The tables are spaced perfectly that you are able to dine in private without others over hearing your conversations. One of the more romantic dining experiences I have had. The ceiling of the restaurant is beautiful and you almost forget you are in downtown Dallas.

The food in my opinion was good, not great. Don't get me wrong, it was impressive, but I have had much better. The price was not terrible, we dined the a la carte option were we picked 3 courses from a list and it was $78/person. I was very tempted by the Chef's Selection, where it is $95/person...but the options that night were not very appealing. We each had a glass of wine and the total bil came out to just over $200. With tip we got out of there for $250.00. My crab cake was great, never had one like it. My girlfriend's duck was fantastic. The veal I had as my entree was cold, but still so tender I did not even need a knife. Both of us are foodies and liked the food, didn't love it. The deserts (bread pudding and creme brulee) were only ok, and the little pastry they give you at the end of the meal was average. If you have ever dined at this type of establishment you know they bring little palette cleansers between each meal. I must say The French Room has this down. Everything melded together wonderfully, I just wished the dishes themselves were executed a little better.

Even though I did not fall in love with the food, I did fall in love with this place and the whole dining experience. We had a great time, and my girlfriend felt very surprised and special that I would take her to such a place.

Tips: Do dress nice, as suits and dresses are mandatory. Go ahead and pull in to the hotel for valet, as parking in this area at night can be tough. Allow yourself enough time to enjoy the meal, we stayed for almost 2 hours, and are fast eaters.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I adore this place! It reminds me of Ricardo and Dayani”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2008

I adore this place! It reminds me of Ricardo and Dayani

“too rich!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2008

too rich!

Been to The French Room? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The French Room, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.